LA SCALA "garage made"

Great work, but I'm going to be a little bit critic: with all the posts about the superiority of 2 inch mid horns and drivers, why not making your own Fastrac or Eliptrac 2inch horn, mated with the new PRV D2200Ph phenolic driver? Would give you even better sound than anything based on a K400 design.

As tweeter I always recommend Beyma CP25... a great tweeter made in Spain and widely available in Europe. But, it's quite big, and won't fit in a stock size LaScala top hat.

Qudos for the build tho! I wish I had your woodworking talents!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rolox said:

Great work, but I'm going to be a little bit critic: with all the posts about the superiority of 2 inch mid horns and drivers, why not making your own Fastrac or Eliptrac 2inch horn, mated with the new PRV D2200Ph phenolic driver? Would give you even better sound than anything based on a K400 design.

As tweeter I always recommend Beyma CP25... a great tweeter made in Spain and widely available in Europe. But, it's quite big, and won't fit in a stock size LaScala top hat.

Qudos for the build tho! I wish I had your woodworking talents!

thanks for the suggestions.
this is just the beginning for my experiments on high sensitivity and horn loudspeakers.
I was already thinking about building a new horn using the same driver.
unfortunately in Italy speakers made in the USA are difficult to find if not at prices at which it is not convenient to buy them.

image.png

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, SpeedLimit said:

when you buy something from Europe, is it also expensive like for me  buying in the USA ?

for me, the price is x 4 the initial price when i want to buy something in the USA, for example 2 k-401 horns or 2 Dave A SmallH horns for B&C de120 drivers

Just bought ciare bullet tweeters. I agree. over $430 a pair.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, Jazzpassions said:

These woofers are simple to find in italy.

Thomann.de ships in enormous box. 

And they are affordable. 

20210312_170844.jpg

This is why I have recommended these for many years (over 12) for LaScalas and Belles. They sound much better than the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:15 AM, SpeedLimit said:

Great job Jazzpassion - it is really passion

i was too lazy, i bought 2 Peavey FH-1 cabinets ..😁

but i made like you my own horns with wood

Peavey FH 1 is only 6" wider than LaScala with a lower cutoff frequency and flatter response.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rolox said:

Great work, but I'm going to be a little bit critic: with all the posts about the superiority of 2 inch mid horns and drivers, why not making your own Fastrac or Eliptrac 2inch horn

The Eliptrac horn is something special 

Highly recommended if you want to purchase a kit and assemble 

8-FDEF4-BC-A289-4986-8-CBA-6-D7-E3-E8958

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Just bought ciare bullet tweeters. I agree. over $430 a pair.

Yes ClaudeJ1, and I still have not found my k-401 horns !!

If someone has some in France or in Europa (Germany, Italy) and if he can send them to France or better in my so far little island.