holey crap! $1,200 dollar speaker cables for free!

prodj101

I just bought 2, don't know if it was two pair, or just two.

Fingers crossed. Checkout did provide this message, so I think they'll catch the glitch, but you never know.

"Your order will be processed and shipped w/in 1-2 business days. In the unlikely event your order is delayed or cannot go out exactly as indicated in your confirmation email (due to an item being out of stock, discontinued, a pricing discrepancy, etc.) we will email you with specifics."

I received an order confirmation. Then several hours later another email came in saying that I had not specified length or termination in my order (you weren't able to specify on their messed up order page). He asked me to reply to his email with my specifications in order to receive a "quote". Pretty slick way of dealing with their screw up if you ask me. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Did anybody get an order to go through?

I received an email from Jason, who works at Music Direct, asking me what length and terminations I wanted. I sent a reply to him that I didn't really expect to get these cables for $6.00 -- unless they were running one hell of a Christmas Special. I told him about the error on the page -- and that several of us were just jerking his chain.

I can't believe you guys actually BELIEVED they were going to send these cables out, or that it was really O.K. to expect them to do so. These are the businesses that support our hobby, and they do it because like us -- they enjoy the music.

If they would have shown up on my doorstep, I would have crapped -- and felt terrible. Which is pretty much how one feels with crap in their pants.

way to ruin the fun. damn wussy. now, I don't know about you, but I have a feeling alot of people wouldn't mind having those cables show up at their door. there are always flaw's in the system that can be benifitial to consumers. I can't BELIEVE that you didn't realize this. I guess this tells us what kind of kid dean was back in grade school, "teacher, some of the boys threw a ball and it knocked over your coffee cup"

11.gif

----------------

On 12/21/2002 1:58:50 PM prodj101 wrote:

I guess this tells us what kind of kid dean was back in grade school, teacher, some of the boys threw a ball and it knocked over your coffee cup

----------------

Technically, Dean would have been one of the boys involved in thowing the ball in the first place. But then he would have felt so guilty that he would have confessed. Not such a bad quality to have really. Personally, I think I could have lived with myself for receiving a free $1200 pair of cables that are probably worth more like $40.

And Dean, don't knock crapping your pants unless you've tried it recently. It's really not as bad as people would lead you to believe. Our only bathroom is on the second floor and I'll be damned if I'm going to climb those stairs each and every time I need to take a dump.

9.gif

Well, I'm not really a wuss, I just think it's wrong to take advantage of someone's mistake. At any rate, trust me on this one -- there's no way they would've sent these cables out without credit card number and payment. What? You think these people are idiots?

At any rate, as far as the other thing goes -- the ball hits the glass and I'm outta there with everyone else.

but think of it this way. Many of those companies systems are completely computer automated. you send in the order, the computer prints out a receipt, and sends the order to the warehouse, where some grunt just throws it in a box and sends it out. If they ever did notice,it would be when they were adding up the yearly report and notice that they're 1200 dollars short, and by than, it would be very hard to track you down.

OK, Not trying to sound really "overly moral"..BUT..

I do not think taking advantage of someone or a persons Business and KNOWING you are, is a good thing. Now, if it is a closeout deal, last years model, etc., often times you can get a great deal on lots of things. I just think ethically what goes around comes around, and if this company wants to be in business and you want to be a customer years from now, when we see things like this... It is better to point out the obvious.

Now getting a great "deal" on used equipment on an aftersale purchase thats a whole nother subject. Peoples lives, carreres, and livelihoods are not at stake.

So anyone want to sell me pair of used (but looking like new) Heresy's for 100 bucks, Cornwalls or La Scalas for 400, or K horns for 500, I would be first in line. I know a home that would love em.