klipsch cinema 1200 what problems, software flaws, glitches?

karogs

11 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I was an Onkyo/Integra rep from 2001 till 2009.  I hope that was a good move for either....

Hoping a good move going forward since some having adopted soundbar as a system. Hoping it is a less dramatic ownership.

Hi everyone, 

I have a Cinema 1200 and I have a problem with subwoofer. It is apparently paired, solid blue ligth and I get message of subwoofer paired on soundbar, but subwoofer does not sound... I have night mode on zero and sub level at +6, but not working... 

Firmware is up to date. 

I contacted klipsch support, but they answered to contact local dealer to ask for a repair.

Anyone had this issue with subwoofer? Any idea how to solve it? Thanks in advance! 

17 hours ago, suko_nanami said:

I contacted klipsch support, but they answered to contact local dealer to ask for a repair.

Hello @suko_nanami,

Welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

Klipsch does not repair the Cinema soundbars.

If your soundbar is still within the warranty period, they will provide a warranty replacement. The replacement will be the whole system. 

If this is a new system that has recently been purchased, Klipsch recommends you return it to the place where you purchased it for a replacement (or a refund).

If it is outside the warranty period then you will have to have it repaired. If the place where you purchased it doesn't do repairs you will have to find a repair shop, preferably an authorised Klipsch repair depot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in Thailand and just bought a Cinema 1200.  A few days after installation, the sound is not coming out from the soundbar.  The sound comes out from the TV internal speaker.  I checked and I have the latest firmware version of the 1200.  I read in here that I needs to power cycle the soundbar.  Could someone let me know what it is meant by power cycle the soundbar and how to do it?  I intend to do this first before contacting Klipsch

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nicksri said:

the sound is not coming out from the soundbar.  The sound comes out from the TV internal speaker.

Hi @nicksri and welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

This thread has a lot of useful information. You can learn a lot about your Cinema 1200 if you read through the posts.

The first thing you should do is insure your soundbar has the latest firmware.

Klipsch has provided a series of knowledgebase article to address issues with the Cinema 1200. This one may help you: 

Cinema 1200 - No Audio via HDMI Troubleshooting

11 hours ago, nicksri said:

Could someone let me know what it is meant by power cycle the soundbar and how to do it?

1. Unplug your soundbar from the electrical outlet.
  2. Wait ~ 15 seconds.
  3. Plug your soundbar back into the electrical outlet.
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 9:46 AM, avguytx said:

I was an Onkyo/Integra rep from 2001 till 2009.  I hope that was a good move for either....

2009-2014 were tough times with the HDMI chip failure issue. Both my TX-NR807 and TX-NR818 went back to Onkyo. Most importantly, Onkyo repaired them no questions asked, even out of warranty. They even sent me the box, packing and UPS pick-up label.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

short update about ,what i have noted.i buyed a remote controll for the cinema 1200 from amazon.it is a aftermarket remote for 10.- $ it works well with the soundbar and it does like a normal remote should do.with my old remote ,every evening when i went to bed i switch of the system with the original remote,in the morning the bar was ON.i removed the batteries from the original and placed it the dresser.now when i wake up in the morning the bar is OFF and can be used normaly with the aftermarket remote.thats only what i have figured out but seems that the original remote effects the funktion of the bar,when its not in use!

regards to u all

• Like 1

I just set up my Cinema 1200 and I’m having issues with adjusting the regular volume on the sound bar. I can mute and unmute no problem but the sound will not adjust up or down. It did that when I firt turned it on and when it connected it to my network, that seemed to fix it. The next day after turning on the sound bar, the volume can’t be adjusted?? Any ideas why?

5 hours ago, Spiral said:

I just set up my Cinema 1200 and I’m having issues with adjusting the regular volume on the sound bar.

Hi @Spiral and welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

You may want to review these Klipsch Cinema Series support articles.

Check the Cinema 1200 - Current Firmware Update Notes and Cinema 1200 - Updating Older Firmware to make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Does this happen when you try to adjust the volume...

• using the buttons on the soundbar?
  • using the soundbar remote?
  • using the Klipsch app on your smartphone?

Do you experience the same behaviour on all of the source inputs?