Favorite Christmas present you bought yourself

cornwaller

My favorite of all time was a 1969 les paul standard in cherry sunburst I bought myself after I sold my first company (1998)...I bought myself a sony 300+1 DVD changer this year and I am pretty psyched about that! no more scratched DVDs from the kids handling them (can you say "who the hell scratched Empire of the Sun!!!" ?) or ruined while fumbling trying to place them in the player drawer! (Happened to me on on disk two of Doctor Zhivago, arrgghhh!) score another victory for the couch potatos! warm regards, tony

This Christmas was made special by surprise gifts from Forum friends. The pick of the litter was a box that contained a hand made, non-hostile, Afghan with three containers of hand made candy... why, the box was so big the postage alone was over $17! No gift that I could buy for myself could be more meaningful than a hand-made vote of confidence in one's personhood from a person that one has never met. Before I joined this Forum thousands of posts ago, I didn't realize it but I just didn't have a clue as to how valuable this Forum would become. Thanks one and all... and have a Merry What-ever-your-persuasion-may-be... as long as you have the Spirit that makes a difference! -HornED

HornEd,

I,too, have enjoyed a bit of similar bounty provided by members of this forum for my holiday enjoyment. The home-made candy was/is delicious...as was the other candy one of our young friends sent to me. It is rare that one receives such from even those one knows from a face-to-face daily interaction, much less from those one only knows through internet contact. This forum is much more special than most such means of similar interaction are, in that true care for each other is displayed by its members on a regular basis within its confines...and this care often extends beyond those boundaries! Thanks to you all for making this so, and a special thanks to those particular individuals who have brightened my Christmas with their thoughtfulness! Receipt of such unexpected bounty is much more special than anything which I can aquire on my own, because it has come from the heart!2.gif

Lynn,

May I make this suggestion: Keep your eye peeled for any good bargain, but especially during the upcoming tax season...my experience has shown that great deals are often made at that time on eBay and such! The dilemnas others face at that time when in need of money or having to forego bidding on items for the same reason can often pay off for those not in the same circumstances! 2.gif

Ed, you have brought a special presence to this forum, and I share your "Weltanshauung" in this regard. I had never posted on the internet before this forum, but this group just lets it all hang out ... and friendships and respect is the result. I for one have found your posts thought-provoking, of genius quality, and wrapped in a very high morality, though that was not your intention.

What more could someone say about an individual? You've got it together. All this with very humble intentions.

I'm halfway through "PWK, The Man, The Legacy" ... and I see many parallels between you both ... genius in so many areas, not the least of which is the ability to listen FIRST and ask thoughtful questions second ... and then that's where your vast intelligence kicks in -- in a very unassuming manner.

This forum and the world is just a better place for you.

Thanks, and God Speed.

It is so good to see that Santa has been so busy...and so successfull this year. He probably never realized just how much good will and heartfelt sentiment he has left for all of us....and that damn Reindeer sh!t still won't come off my boot...man! what a guy has to put up with just to join in on the merryment.

I too have much to give thanks for. The posts in this forum and those of you that author them have given me much. Even though I have only started I have been reading and learning--Thanks guys.

Lynn, You might want to check out Ebay. There are two pairs of Khorns listed now. One is walnut, the other is oak. They are both very nice and selling by the original owners. By the way, your wife sounds like a wonderful woman! Does she have a sister?

Santa finally flew the coup and I was sure glad to see him go...after I was able to wrestle my new (to me) Khorns from him! Hence the reason for my "stink foot"; I just got a little too close to the exhaust on his sliegh.

Merry Christmas to all...and you know the rest...

Cornwaller

"Lynn,

May I make this suggestion: Keep your eye peeled for any good bargain, but especially during the upcoming tax season...my experience has shown that great deals are often made at that time on eBay and such! The dilemnas others face at that time when in need of money or having to forego bidding on items for the same reason can often pay off for those not in the same circumstances!"

Another reason this is a good time of year to get deals on used gear, is the coming warm weather and garage sale mentality. People "clean house" and sell off unwanted items during spring - I hit the garage sales HARD this time of year. So yes, when used gear is desired, "spring is the thing"1.gif

Favorite time to ****** up used gear #2 - On holidays!!!!! Cruise ebay on holidays looking for auctions closing - because no one else does! If an auction closes on Christmas Day, there's a good chance it will go unnoticed.