Help required to identify these Cornwalls

MicroMara

Hello Klipsch Community

a friend of mine bought these Cornwall´s  a couple of years ago sec.hand. Now he wants to sell them. To give possible buyers the best information about them we need to know the year of manufacturing / production . You may can help me in this matter Thanx a lot !

1930843483_CW1Esther.thumb.png.f02ee45ae0178ce8278f426ac8212ab0.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Hello Klipsch Community

a friend of mine bought these Cornwall´s  a couple of years ago sec.hand. Now he wants to sell them. To give possible buyers the best information about them we need to know the year of manufacturing / production . You may can help me in this matter Thanx a lot !

1930843483_CW1Esther.thumb.png.f02ee45ae0178ce8278f426ac8212ab0.png

there's some sort of issue there -- the two tags have the same serial number and are written with different handwriting.  the serial numbers would be different, but sequential and i would expect the handwriting to be the same since they were manufactured together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Well ...we can see this on the lower end , but is 1980 the year of production ?  1980  Klipsch and Assosiates Inc.

1252996755_CW2Esther.jpg.7977f89651829a6eec006b3b62a8c271.jpg

Yes, think that is when label printed...

Use the serial numbers for dating.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

...K-601 resin midrange horns

I had a pair of these Cornwalls and a pair of Cornwall 2s in the same room at the same time.

The fellow I bought them from suggested we do a head to head when he delivered them.

Despite the different crossovers and flush vs. behind the motorboard mounted drivers we were both extremely hard pressed to hear a difference, at all volumes.

The engineers at Klipsch voiced the two incredibly well, it’s almost as if they knew what they were doing, lol.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RandyH said:

2 identical tags , 1983 Walnut oiled klipsch  Cornwall 1 ... k77M tweeter -k52/k53/k700 midrange...k33E  woofer /  klipsch B3 Network

thanx Randy , haven´t seen that early enough , peace and have a nice easter time.

• Like 1