Klipsch Serial Number/Date Listing

Wizard of OBV

Hey m00n,

Nope, I really am a newbie to this forum, have been a Klipsch lover since I bought my Cornwalls in 1983 and joined this forum recently when I started looking for another pair...and found them!

The OBV stands for Owen Brothers Vault, my brother's and mine combined live music archive which currently contains about 7000 hours of music (a large percentage is Live Grateful Dead). I am the audio restoration Wizard of the Vault, hence the nickname... I digitally edit audio to bring old flawed stuff back to life.

Wiz

Ah...

Sounds like a fun hobby you guys have. I had to ask the question because there is a guy here in the forum named Kain64... He seems to have a facination with serial numbers and manufacturing dates. He never gets his question answered and I was just thinking he may have come in and asked under an alias to his normal forum name.1.gif

Ok moon !! How about maxwell smart ?? Now i'm sure you've seen that show.

As a kid , I allways wanted to bang that side kick of his. But then again i use to sneek into my sisters room to get a peek at her poster of wonder woman !!!

reminds me of the old joke about superman looking for a piece of tail, after asking all his super friend buddys , spiderman finally told him that wonderwoman lays naked on the beach suntaning, so he flys out there and finds her , then he swoops down and does his duty jumps up and flys away. wonder woman gets up out of the sand and says "wow what was that " . The invisable man replys " I dont know but my *** sure hurts " !!! ha ha

• 5 months later...

----------------

On 1/2/2003 3:53:23 PM Wizard of OBV wrote:

Hey m00n,

Nope, I really am a newbie to this forum, have been a Klipsch lover since I bought my Cornwalls in 1983 and joined this forum recently when I started looking for another pair...and found them!

The OBV stands for Owen Brothers Vault, my brother's and mine combined live music archive which currently contains about 7000 hours of music (a large percentage is Live Grateful Dead). I am the audio restoration Wizard of the Vault, hence the nickname... I digitally edit audio to bring old flawed stuff back to life.

Wiz

----------------

Always nice to have another Klipsch Deadhead around. Not too many of us on the forum (a few though). My brother is one also. I'd love to hear some of your digitally edited shows. We have a pretty huge collection also. Send me an email sometime and maybe we can share. We've been downloading shows like crazy lately.1.gif

----------------

On 1/2/2003 10:19:03 AM Wizard of OBV wrote:

If there a listing posted anywhere of the years associated with Klipsch Serial Number Codes? I have bicked up a few by searching the forums but it would be handy if there was a list somewhere...

Wiz

----------------

I posted an image of a page that listed all of the serial numbers for Klipsch speakers. It's somewhere in the Home Audio group of forums. If I can locate it myself I'll relink to this thread but you should be able to find it too.

Tony B.