Repairing a DE120 driver

Forte Too

2 hours ago, Forte Too said:

I have a DE120 driver that is in need of repair.  Is that driver repairable or is it a sealed unit? 

Looks like diaphragms are available I can only source then through Canada with the price of shipping etc may be better off just replacing the whole thing?

https://qcomponents.ca/products/b-c-mmd120-8-ohm-diaphragm

5 hours ago, Forte Too said:

I have a DE120 driver that is in need of repair.  Is that driver repairable or is it a sealed unit? 

Yes they are supposed to be repairable but I have not seen any outside of some for sale in Europe. I will inquire on Monday about them.

6 hours ago, Forte Too said:

Another thing to note here if you blew one of these in your forte something is very wrong-- they have a power rating at 40 watts down to 2khz in a forte they're crossed at 7khz did you have an amp failure or something?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OO1 said:

available in the USA 33$  ----- https://usspeaker.com/homepage.htm  

25 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I could not find that part number on their site but I've spent enough time on it already OP can dig around a bit more if he'd like thanks.

Me too and I also could not find the Unicorn. You would think a Google expert would check his link for accuracy before posting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Randy keeps posting the phone number. It’s possible that Al stocks them but doesn’t show them on his B&C pages. 

Kind of what I figured after the third time he posted it 🙃