Will the storyteller contest winner please post here

Jim Cornell

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cattle Prod it's no. two for you. Every one knows but you. You get your head handed to you every time. He-HE You Clowns cant be so blind to not See to bring up AL Sore LOSING the election is Political Planting. Colon knows. He a Liberal but not that Stupid. LOL HornBlower knows that too but he a Libby in denile. LOL

Well, Forrest Chump...I have often wondered what a swim in denile would be like...but the water there on my visit to Egypt seemed a bit too nasty to jump into...and there is no denial that I would have probably come down with something if I had jumped into denile. LOL! Superior Intellect? That's a GOOD one!! LOL!

Yo forresthump2, who gives a rat's "a" about Al Gore and all the political rantings you seem to spew forth to the forum world! Just because a comment with Al's name is mentioned doesn't mean that you need to chime in and get off topic! This thread is to simply congratulate all the winners to the Storyteller contest...that's it! Pure and simple, isn't it?

Did you bother to enter the contest? Or are you a sore loser because you didn't even make Honorable Mention? I didn't win neither, but I'm happy for those that did (I still think Ray Garrison should have won, personally, but that's my opinion).

C'mon, humpster ol' buddy, lighten up and enjoy the thread like everyone else. If you can't say something nice, then hell, don't say anything at all. Get a life!

Okay...here it comes...7.gif

Naw, cluless, then you would have had a Klipschorn dilemma invade your RF-7 environment leading to a "clu" and "less" spat that even a sprinkling of "carolsage" may not balance. No, indeed, I should have won to add another pair to my K-Horn herd... all I had to do was copy every cluless post and crochet a verbal "straightman" Afghan to link them into a winsome winning work... by adding a few choice words from deang's leafy opinion vinaigrette, builder's Klipsch lore, Chris's virtual chip shot, RangerVI's fire-fight dramatization of a Gore Vidal novel in Latin, fini's off-the-wall "haiku very much" and thump's... well, err... thumps. Ooops, time to do a mid-stream catch of myself in mid Forum friend foray... I just realized that the wind that blew such a conglomeration together would string out far longer than a judge's attention span! LOL =HornEd

Ps: Congrats again Andy, on you a new set of horns looks great... just keep 'em off your head for you are the "Angel of the Odds 'N Mods" wood butchers like yours truly. 12.gif =HornEd

Sunnysal...congratulations on your speaker win with your story. I wonder how many of the other winners are forum members/regulars?

Cluless...you need not enter ANYTHING to be a winner in this member's book!! There are few who show considerations and wit in the manner in which you do! I say this as I sit here wondering if I should have a parrot on me shoulder and a patch over me eye, whilst I "have me cake and eat it too", matey....tis not everyday this ole pirate can eat his daily rum ration!! 2.gif

I still wonder who the other winners are, though...LOL!

Frankly I read Ray's Story some time ago and decided not to enter. I couldnt imagine any story more moving and deserving of the said KHorns and havent read anything since that changed my mind.

Congrats to the winners, but what were the judges thinking???

----------------

On 1/20/2003 5:27:26 PM maxg wrote:

Frankly I read Ray's Story some time ago and decided not to enter. I couldnt imagine any story more moving and deserving of the said KHorns and havent read anything since that changed my mind.

Congrats to the winners, but what were the judges thinking???
----------------

MaxG, welcome back (it has been awhile right? hehe), I totally agree... makes me just aobut ticked off! but what can you do...

guys,

I've been reading some of the kind things you've said, and I appreciate your friendship and the warm thoughts that you've been sending my way, but I'd like to try and wind down the "who ought to have won" speculation.

Regarding the winner - Blair Shurtleff's story is a WONDERFUL story. I think the image of the reborn Belles and the sound reaching across the water to the granite cliffs and the sky, capturing the spirit and minds of hundreds of people gathered around in celebration, awaking from years to neglect and abandonement to sing in the joy of life again...

uh, geez, he wins. Big time. *** THAT'S *** a Klipsch Storyteller!

And on a purely pragmatic point, I didn't enter to win a pair of speakers... I just thought this was the first place I'd found to tell my story to people who might understand some of it. If you think about it, one of the purposes of contests like this is for promotion, and you couldn't exactly use my story that way... at least, I don't see how...

So again, thanks to all for the thoughts and kind words, and congradulations to Blair for giving us such an uplifting and heart warming story!

Ray

Thanks all, BTW I was the first to post a story, I just couldn't wait since my stereo played such a memorable role in a truly life changing event. As Ray said, where else could someone tell that kinda story and who would care? the "earthquake b-board"?? LOL! anyway, just last night we had another small quake, about 6 on the richter scale, enough to send my wife and I out into the street again with our daughters in our arms. And I couldn't help but turn to my wife and say, "if this gets bigger I may just win a klipshcorn by writing about klipsch's strange influence on tectonic activity." warm regards from sunny (and shaky) el salvador, Tony