My Vintage 2 Channel System!

RocketFoot

Hi guys!  I just wanted to share my vintage system but I do apologize for not having any Klipsch speakers for it ...yet!  I am holding out for a nice set of KG4.2's or 5.2's but I just can't afford the prices yet.  I did pick up a set of Cerwin Vega AT-12's for a damn good price for now!  I can at least enjoy my vintage gear while I save up for some nice Klipsch speakers!  The CV's aren't bad though...they are extremely efficient and easily bring the house down with just 45 wpc from the Kenwood receiver!  I do need to confirm that a set of KG's would be as efficient...if not, I'll just have to add a power amp to the mix!  But anyway, here are some photos and a quick video!  Specs are in my sig...

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

Big Rick the Black Cat Approves!

spacer.png

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, RocketFoot said:

Hi guys!  I just wanted to share my vintage system but I do apologize for not having any Klipsch speakers for it ...yet!  I am holding out for a nice set of KG4.2's or 5.2's but I just can't afford the prices yet.  I did pick up a set of Cerwin Vega AT-12's for a damn good price for now!  I can at least enjoy my vintage gear while I save up for some nice Klipsch speakers!  The CV's aren't bad though...they are extremely efficient and easily bring the house down with just 45 wpc from the Kenwood receiver!  I do need to confirm that a set of KG's would be as efficient...if not, I'll just have to add a power amp to the mix!  But anyway, here are some photos and a quick video!  Specs are in my sig...

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

Big Rick the Black Cat Approves!

spacer.png

Welcome to the forum! 

Nice vintage gear! 

Here's my 2 cents: save a little bit longer and buy some pre-loved Heritage speaker set, depending on your budget and room size. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MeloManiac said:

Welcome to the forum! 

Nice vintage gear! 

Here's my 2 cents: save a little bit longer and buy some pre-loved Heritage speaker set, depending on your budget and room size. 

I have been drooling over Hersey's!  They seem to be a good fit for my room...it is an 8 ft wide and maybe 14 foot long home office/den with solid brick walls on one side!  I can't even turn the CV's up past 1/4 on the Kenwood's volume knob...it is loud, bright and heavy at the bottom!  How do Hersey's like small amps?  Would 45 wpc be good or would an additional power amp be needed to make them sing?

Ahhhh, the CV AT Series, know them well. Worked in a shop that sold them and competed with Heritage dealers; very frequently we lost sales to Klipsch but understandable as ATs were about half the price. The 12s and 15s could really put out the volume though.....

....I will also compliment the looks of the system as it is quite attractive. It's neat to see pieces I sold back in the day be displayed in such fashion. It's not just Mc and similar that's deserving.....

• Thanks 1

Nice looking stuff there....  a bit down memory lane!

I especially like the Lava Lamp.....  brings back memories of me going to the barber as a child.

I am pretty sure though that @Marvel might have different memories in the presence of lamps like that.

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coytee said:

Nice looking stuff there....  a bit down memory lane!

I especially like the Lava Lamp.....  brings back memories of me going to the barber as a child.

I am pretty sure though that @Marvel might have different memories in the presence of lamps like that.

:ph34r:

We didn't need the lava lamps when we had annual touring visits by the Grateful Dead 🙂 That's why we bought all those big speakers in the first place.....making our own "Wall Of Sound".....

4 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

How do Hersey's like small amps?  Would 45 wpc be good or would an additional power amp be needed to make them sing?

I own 1972 Heresies. I drive them with a Leben Hifi CS300, which is 12wpc and they sound amazing. My other fav amp, solid state, is the 30 wpc vintage Harman Kardon 430. This one is twin engine! 

With our efficient Heritage speakers, it is not the amount of watt, but the quality of the (first) watts that is important! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Carter said:

BTW, what are the two little towers with the flashing lights? Are they watt meters?

Those are just fun little RGB LED sound activated spectrum analyzer lights that I glued to a piece of 4"x4" as an attempt at audio-art!  They are wireless and not hooked to the system in any way.  Got them off Amazon for $15!  Here is the link if you wanna check them out!

https://a.co/d/93ASOdM

IMG_1797.JPG