19 UCLA 6-2
20 Southern California 7-2
21 Kansas 6-2
22 Oklahoma State 6-2
23 Kansas State 6-2
24 Tulane 7-1
25 Air Force 8-0
  • Like 1

Ann Arbor, Michigan - Friday afternoon the B1G prohibited Jim Harbaugh permission to enter any venue his team is participating in for the next 3 games as part of the decision on the sideline sign stealing ordeal.  He does have permission to coach during weekly practices.  Harbaugh's attorney filed an injunction as a result.

• Like 2

Lil takeaway from a friends column on today's U of M and Harb's presser.  FWIW  

Jim Harbaugh's weekly press conferences often are bizarre, but now the suspended Michigan head coach really is exhibiting signs of extreme tone deafness ...

Harbaugh started this week's session on Monday by stating that the Michigan program now has 999 wins in its football history, compared to the NFL leader the Green Bay Packers at 793 (he said 790 but had an outdated list) and national high school leader Valdosta, Ga., High at 951.
"Nobody has more than the Michigan Wolverines! ... NO - BODY!" he said.

Asked where he watched Saturday's 24-15 win at Penn State and how he handled the flow of emotions of not being on the sideline, Harbaugh answered, "I have some kind of virus or something. Not sick. Feel great. Got a tremendous workout early today. I am the iron wall against viruses. Worked it out of my system. Did more pushups. Ate an apple!"

On the perception of Michigan now after the sign-stealing scandal, he declared, "This has got to be America's team. This has got to be America's team. America loves a team like this ... that overcomes the odds and adversity ... "

On his three-game suspension from the Big Ten, he only said, "Had a high school civics class when I learned you are innocent until proven guilty. I will speak on this Friday, but I would like that opportunity. Will let the judge decide."

He then went on to describe how he never ate chicken because they were "weak," but now derives happiness by raising and playing with chickens (strange bird that he is himself), how he once wanted to be an attorney and his love for Judge Judy.

Harbaugh's hearing in front of a district judge in Ann Arbor to determine if he will receive a temporary restraining order to overturn his suspension which applies only to game days will be heard Friday at 9 a.m. -- before the team's flight to Maryland to face the Terrapins.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Lil takeaway from a friends column on today's U of M and Harb's presser.  FWIW  

Jim Harbaugh's weekly press conferences often are bizarre, but now the suspended Michigan head coach really is exhibiting signs of extreme tone deafness ...

Harbaugh started this week's session on Monday by stating that the Michigan program now has 999 wins in its football history, compared to the NFL leader the Green Bay Packers at 793 (he said 790 but had an outdated list) and national high school leader Valdosta, Ga., High at 951.
"Nobody has more than the Michigan Wolverines! ... NO - BODY!" he said.

Asked where he watched Saturday's 24-15 win at Penn State and how he handled the flow of emotions of not being on the sideline, Harbaugh answered, "I have some kind of virus or something. Not sick. Feel great. Got a tremendous workout early today. I am the iron wall against viruses. Worked it out of my system. Did more pushups. Ate an apple!"

On the perception of Michigan now after the sign-stealing scandal, he declared, "This has got to be America's team. This has got to be America's team. America loves a team like this ... that overcomes the odds and adversity ... "

On his three-game suspension from the Big Ten, he only said, "Had a high school civics class when I learned you are innocent until proven guilty. I will speak on this Friday, but I would like that opportunity. Will let the judge decide."

He then went on to describe how he never ate chicken because they were "weak," but now derives happiness by raising and playing with chickens (strange bird that he is himself), how he once wanted to be an attorney and his love for Judge Judy.

Harbaugh's hearing in front of a district judge in Ann Arbor to determine if he will receive a temporary restraining order to overturn his suspension which applies only to game days will be heard Friday at 9 a.m. -- before the team's flight to Maryland to face the Terrapins.

Sounds like he went to the Trump school of denial, blame flip, and subject change.

JJK

• Haha 2

• Moderators

So do I have this right, no evidence, zero, that Head Coach of Michigan was aware of or had any involvement in sign-stealing scandal. However, because he is "the face" of the program they are going to keep him off the field on game days going into the biggest game of the season. 

This demands a Senate Investigation, (Gary Peters is on Commerce I think, it's their jurisdiction). 

Is he allowed to Zoom? Or does that go against the spirit of this whole thing? Maybe put him in the mascot suit and have the Mascot hanging around behind the bench a whole lot. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
On 11/13/2023 at 3:40 PM, JJkizak said:

Sounds like he went to the Trump school of denial, blame flip, and subject change.

JJK

On 11/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, Ceptorman said:

Sounds like he went to the Biden School of being a complete moron!

I'm pretty sure he went to Michigan. Same place as Gerald R. Ford. 

• Like 1

@Travis In Austin   Harbs was Bo's starting QB as well as Brady.  Jim's dad Jack grew up 11 miles from me and was a great baller.  Jack coached college football after a stellar local high school career.  Then was Bo's Defensive linebacker coach for 10 years or so.  John, Jim's brother,  is the Head Coach of the Ravens.  Joani, their sister is married to Toam Crean the former IU hoops coach.

So ya wanna go a lil bit deeper into my local boys?  Hit Mike & Mark Gottfried and Gates Brown and you've got a wrecking crew.  Eyeball em on wiki.

The last time I got together with them all was at a wake for Gates held in Crestline, Ohio.  Gates passed from diabetes and his sister worked for me so  I got an invite to come over. 

Gates never really had much money but he spent his entire 12-year MLB career playing for the Detroit Tigers so the fund raising auction we had was just crazy nuts.  Tom Brady game worn helmets signed, pics, card, jerseys, Michigian stuff,  ESPN stuff just tons of everything and we made close to 50k$ for Gates sister and family to help  w/expenses.

This was in 2013 when Jimbo left San Francisco and took the Head Coaching job @ Michigan.  His dad and I were just shooting the bull and outta no where I asked him when Jim was gonna announce he took the Michigan job?  I really didn't have a clue but figured  Michigan would be looking  that year.  Jack never said a word because his face told the story.  lolol

EVERY pro baller has a story (the youtube version) and here's one from Gates I'll never forget.  

:)

• Like 2

Change jup in this weeks NCAA College Football rankings.

College Football Playoff Poll

Released Nov. 14

RANK SCHOOL RECORD PREVIOUS
1 Georgia 10-0 2
2 Ohio State 10-0 1
3 Michigan 10-0 3
4 Florida State 10-0 4
5 Washington 10-0 5
6 Oregon 9-1 6
7 Texas 9-1 7
8 Alabama 9-1 8
9 Missouri 8-2 14
10 Louisville 9-1 11
11 Oregon State 8-2 12
12 Penn State 8-2 10
13 Ole Miss 8-2 9
14 Oklahoma 8-2 17
15 LSU 7-3 19
16 Iowa 8-2 22
17 Arizona 7-3 21
18 Tennessee 7-3 13
19 Notre Dame 7-3 20
20 North Carolina 8-2 24
21 Kansas State 7-3 25
22 Utah 7-3 18
23 Oklahoma State 7-3 15
24 Tulane 9-1 23
25 Kansas 7-3 16
  • Like 1

Breaking news!  Ann Arbor, Michigan:  The U of M has agreed this afternoon to accept the B1G's 3 game suspension of Head Coach Jim Harbaugh.

Shortly after the agreement by the U of M the B1G stated that the suspension does NOT close the case against Michigan from either the B1G OR the NCAA.

This means there could possibly be more  repercussions for the U of M.  

Then there was YESTERDAY!  

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Connor Stalions, the former Michigan staffer at the center of sign-stealing investigation by the NCAA, did not file any expense reports during the 17 months he was formally employed by the football program, according to the school.

The Associated Press filed a Freedom of Information Act request for Stalions’ expense reports while he was employed from May 2022 through Nov. 3, 2023. There are no responsive records, Patricia Sellinger, chief freedom of information officer at the school, replied in an email sent Wednesday.

The NCAA has documented plans and budget information outlining the scouting scheme of Michigan opponents and the Big Ten said has received those materials. The NCAA also shared evidence with the Big Ten and the university that showed Stalions purchased tickets to games and had people sit in those seats to obtain video of the sideline signals.

MICHIGAN INVESTIGATION

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh speaks during a news conference after an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, Nov. 5, 2023, in Baltimore. The Ravens won 37-3. (AP Photo/Nick Wass)

Michigan offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore arrives for an NCAA college football game against Penn State, Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023, in State College, Pa. (AP Photo/Barry Reeger)

Michigan running back Blake Corum (2) celebrates a touchdown in front of Penn State safety Kevin Winston Jr. (21) during the second half of an NCAA college football game, Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023, in State College, Pa. (AP Photo/Barry Reeger)

Jim Harbaugh was suspended for the final three games of the regular season by the Big Ten, which said it didn’t have evidence that the coach knew about the scheme. He missed last week’s win over then-No. 9 Penn State.

A judge scheduled a hearing for Friday to hear the school’s attempt to at least temporarily lift the Big Ten’s penalty and allow Harbaugh to coach the second-ranked Wolverines (10-0, 7-0 Big Ten, No. 3 CFP) against Maryland (6-4, 3-4) on Saturday and against rival Ohio State next week.

Stalions had been employed by Michigan as a recruiting analyst an annual salary of approximately $55,000. He resigned earlier this month, two weeks after he was suspended by the university when the NCAA and Big Ten Conference acknowledged the school was being investigated.

The NCAA does not not directly ban the stealing of signs, but there are rules against using electronic equipment to record an opponent’s signals and in-person, advanced scouting of future opponents in season. There are also rules against unsportsmanlike or unethical activities by coaches.

Stalions, who has been identified on social media accounts as a graduate of the Naval Academy and a longtime Michigan football fan, has not commented publicly. He said through his lawyer that neither Harbaugh nor any member of his coaching staff told anyone to break any rules or were aware of improper conduct when it came to scouting.

Harbaugh has denied knowledge of any alleged scouting scheme in his program.

• Like 1

@JohnJ  That's just temporary to appease the other B1G teams.

The funny thing about it all blue said they weren't going to press the issue with a fight over a temporary restraining order.  They just said they'd honor the 3 game ban since it could hurt recruiting.

They no more than said that and the B1G AND the NCAA made statements that there WOULD be more coming and that the suspension in no way meant it was concluded.

The word I got last night was that the NCAA is talking about forfeiture of ALL games in the 2022 and 23 seasons.  Possibly games from the 2021 season too.  Stalions was on staff both of those years.  In 2021 he wasn't on staff but it's entirely possible he was proving to UofM that his system could work.  Can take that fwiw .

I look for Harbs to quit after the season but that's nothing new since he has his eye on the Head Coaching job for the Chicago Bears.  With all of the blowback coming he'd have a hard time landing an NFL job again.  Ya have to remember he was the head coach for the San Fran 49er's prior to taking the job @ U of M.  Additionally, with his brother John coaching the Ravens  he could find something somewhere.  John has publically stated he didn't see much wrong w/what Jim has done.

It'll sort in time.  :)

• Like 2