What are you using to store your vinyl.

merkin

50 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

A friend has a sagging second floor from the weight of vinyl. 😀

Back in the early '70s, I was touring with a brother/sister act. We visited a young guy who worked for a record producer in Chicago. He lived in an efficiency apt. about 20 floors up overlooking lake Michigan. The whole end of the apartment was glass, very cool view.

The left wall, a good 15 ft long was filled with LPs, floor to ceiling. I am surprised the building didn collapse.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 11:27 AM, CWOReilly said:

Certainly need bracing. People have had those things collapse. 

I see how that might happen.

The key is to assemble the whole thing very carefully and use your best judgement in tightening the surrounding screws that hold the shelve together. Use wood glue if you wanna be extra precocious.

I had them for years now and the shelves are packed with records. Not even a tiny amount of sagging or anything peculiar going on.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

Back in the early '70s, I was touring with a brother/sister act. We visited a young guy who worked for a record producer in Chicago. He lived in an efficiency apt. about 20 floors up overlooking lake Michigan. The whole end of the apartment was glass, very cool view.

The left wall, a good 15 ft long was filled with LPs, floor to ceiling. I am surprised the building didn collapse.

The view across Lake Michigan from that height is really nice.

• Like 1