Cornwall IV + Mark Levinson 5805 - is that OK?

pastafishkopf

Hi everybody! 

I bought Mark Levinson 5805 amplifier, I have been dreaming about for a long time. And I assumed that I would use it with JBL 4367. That was my plan. 

But recently I heard Klipsch Cornwall 4 and it was the life changing experience. So I made a decision in favor of Cornwall 4 instead of JBL 4367.

The question is, will my Mark Levinson 5805 properly mate with Cornwall 4? Will it reveal its technical capabilities?

Or do I need to find another amplifier? And which one would be the best for Cornwall 4?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 4:48 AM, pastafishkopf said:

Some expert say, D Class amp would be better choice for horn accustics. Is that true?

it depends on the brand , Crown have very special Class-D chip amps that sound fantastic  with fewer parts that can fail

Would you rather have an A, B, C or D on a test? Class A is class A, the purist form of amplification. There is a reason it is the first letter of the alphabet when it comes to amplification, none better. The audio signal is not manipulated as in the other forms. Can one hear the difference? Only if your hearing is good enough. That being said I have some class D amplifiers that sound really, really good. I could live with one of them. Class D amplification is for the masses now and in the future but purist will still seek class A. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:30 PM, pastafishkopf said:

Hi everybody! 

I bought Mark Levinson 5805 amplifier, I have been dreaming about for a long time. And I assumed that I would use it with JBL 4367. That was my plan. 

But recently I heard Klipsch Cornwall 4 and it was the life changing experience. So I made a decision in favor of Cornwall 4 instead of JBL 4367.

The question is, will my Mark Levinson 5805 properly mate with Cornwall 4? Will it reveal its technical capabilities?

Or do I need to find another amplifier? And which one would be the best for Cornwall 4?

Thanks in advance. 

Should sound great but sound is subjective. Mark Levinson makes fantastic amplifiers. A great amplifier like a Mark Levinson will sound excellent on any speaker system. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 6:10 PM, OO1 said:

Mark Levinson  is owned by Harman  since 1990 

And Harman is owned by Samsung...

As is JBL, Revel, AKG, Lexicon and more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2023 at 4:30 PM, pastafishkopf said:

Hi everybody! 

Thanks in advance. 

No.
Mark Levinson amplifiers are STRICTLY VERBOTEN!

🤸‍♂️