Son lost his KG 4s

18 minutes ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

He had a flood in his basement and they were sitting upside down (in storage in cardboard).

A pipe froze and they were in 4 or 5 inches of water.

Are there any plans to make him new cabinets or am I going to need to measure and remake what he had?

That’s sucks. 
You could always just find a used set and salvage what drivers are good to keep for backups. You can usually find excellent used for $300-$350. 

1 minute ago, nickyboy6100 said:

That’s sucks. 
You could always just find a used set and salvage what drivers are good to keep for backups. You can usually find excellent used for $300-$350. 

I have been looking but the last pair here sold for $700/pair.

As far as salvage parts, everything inside is good 👍 

1 minute ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

I have been looking but the last pair here sold for $700/pair.

As far as salvage parts, everything inside is good 👍 

Keep your eye out. They pop up quite often on the usual sites. I have a pair that is as close to mint as you can get that I would part with if you’re close to Indiana. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Keep your eye out. They pop up quite often on the usual sites. I have a pair that is as close to mint as you can get that I would part with if you’re close to Indiana. 

Thanks,  I would take you up on it but I am in NW Georgia.  About 60 miles NW of Atlanta. 

I will keep looking but when my shop building is built,  I have some decent wood working stuff,  making new cabinets won't be real hard but they won't say Hope Arkansas on them either and that isn't good for resale though I doubt he would ever part with cabinets built by his old man.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

Those are nice looking! 

All the internals of his old set are good so I think we will give building new cabinets a try. The worst that can happen is we waste a bit of wood. 

It will be a little while before I get around to making them though,  I still need to build a shop building..... so a while lol. 

26 minutes ago, Cal Blacksmith said:
15 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

Those are nice looking! 

All the internals of his old set are good so I think we will give building new cabinets a try. The worst that can happen is we waste a bit of wood. 

It will be a little while before I get around to making them though,  I still need to build a shop building..... so a while lol. 

Yeah, I PMed you that ad a few days ago. Not sure if you're getting your mail. 

48 minutes ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

Those are nice looking! 

Alright. Good luck!

• Like 1