Build our own La Scala plans on ebay. How hard to build

m00n

So, I am the adventurous type, well, sometimes anyway. I was over paroosing ebay. I seen that they have some plans on how to build your own la scalas.

If I did, would I be able to get original drivers and horns from klipsch to build them? And how hard would it be? I am no finish carpenter, but I do have a background in building houses. Of course you wouln't know it by the stupidity shown by me falling a measly 5 feet and breaking my wrist though.

What about belles, how hard would they be to build.

Thanks guys.

I heard from HDBR, I think, that the plans soold here are not actually the correct plans... Just be weary there. You could design and build your own LaScala type speaker as I did... but I never built it. Somewhere I have hundreds of lost designs floating around... Klipsch will send you the drivers though.

EDIT: Hard to build- yes, I'd say so. Especially if you design it yourself... you have to keep in mind the diameter of the throat of the horn, mouth of the horn, surface area of something, etc. I forgot- it's been a while. Anyway, following the plans is possible. HDBR said he was gonna build his own LAS by his plans that were from Klipsch. I think... Ask him- he will probably reply here anyway.

----------------

On 2/1/2003 10:20:37 AM Tom Mobley wrote:

m00n,

I have a set of the Isophon plans, a buddy printed them out on 36" paper. I offered them to another guy on here, but never heard from him. I posted a note to him in another thread, if I don't hear from him in a couple days you can have them for postage.

Tom

----------------

Tom, what are Isophon speakers. I don't have a broad range of speaker experiance. Is that a klipsch speaker I have never heard of, or another manufacture all together?

The Pi speakers are more of a scoop than a folded horn. I have a bunch of different LS drawings that I got off the net before. I would be happy to email them to you. It will cost you more than buying a pair from someone.

DJK built many pairs in the past. With modds and all. Some for P.A. use and some for HiFi use.

I still haven't done it, still don't have the time or money, really don't have the room. A pair of Heresys however ....

John,

Hope all is well with you. Things are too busy up at the college to get involved in much.

Marvel

----------------

On 1/31/2003 11:13:22 PM m00n wrote:

So, I am the adventurous type, well, sometimes anyway. I was over paroosing ebay. I seen that they have some plans on how to build your own la scalas.

If I did, would I be able to get original drivers and horns from klipsch to build them? And how hard would it be? I am no finish carpenter, but I do have a background in building houses. Of course you wouln't know it by the stupidity shown by me falling a measly 5 feet and breaking my wrist though.

What about belles, how hard would they be to build.

Thanks guys.

----------------

Hi Moon

it really depends on the person

Folded horns are a different kind of creature!

read my post to a reply, elsewhere here to

a guy who wants to build klipschorns.

if i cut to the chase,..its about a Neighbor

of mine who attemped to build a set of Belles!

well...anyway's you'll get the idea

hope this helps.

Rob

----------------

On 2/1/2003 9:42:50 PM JasN00b wrote:

rob-

why do you format

your paragraphs like

this it gets really

annoying... cant you

just type like normal

people please? thanks.

----------------

JasN00b

that was kind of rude in and of itself don't ya think? 2.gif

Marvel,

I was doing great until I installed "Tax Cut" and started my taxes! TurboTax has some weird sort of copy protection/spyware thing going on. The server geeks at work are saying stay away from it. The reviews on Amazon are about the same. It gets 1 star this year.

Ya i know a guy who attempted to construct a pair of belles. I'll tell you how 'HIS" project turned out.

I now have the drivers and parts sitting in my basement and he sold his table saw. lol

I never had a hand in the project so i can't really say where he went wrong , but i can say the cabinets vibrated through bass notes and sounded basicly like crap.

Don't get me wrong moon, with the right set of plans and a little guidence from maybe andy, i'm sure you could spin up a set that would sound just fine.

----------------

On 2/1/2003 10:13:44 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

I now have the drivers and parts sitting in my basement and he sold his table saw. lol

----------------

LOL... Yeah, i have a feeling it would be a major project to tackle for a first attempt at building speakers. I should start with someting a little more modest.

Jason

far as i know...i am normal.

As for the typeing thing,i just keep typing untill it falls off the end of the page and starts a new line.

Unless someone has gone in and changed something on this machine and it just comes out this way.??

Anwyay's..i've decided that I won't be posting

for a while so it will give your eyes a rest.

Rob