MTM

CWOReilly

Don’t promote third party vendor work or products on the forum. Don’t promote DIY, your own or others - which lends itself to unsubstantiated claims. Even those with test results, which are not Klipsch test results - and often come with layperson interpretations and conclusions.

Klipsch is in the business of producing and promoting the sound THEY like.

It’s all in the pinned posts that nobody reads.

No shortage of other message boards, DIY forums - which is where I go when I want to talk about the extra wheel I added to the wagon.

• Like 1

It's not like Klipsch is still making the MTM. Some have bought the MCM1900 that didn't come with the MTM, so it should be a non-issue to point them in a direction that makes them happy, builds trust, and they might stay. 

It's not a matter of promoting other party's offerings: It's just conversations without acting like options don't exist. The game that gets played upsets people and they, rightfully so, feel tricked, rather than feeling they were treated like adults. The game is causing a Streisand effect and is driving people to the competition. 

The huge departure of valued members should be an indication that the new rules have killed the forum. The low turnout for Mr. Klipsch's birthday bash is proof that it is hurting all the way around. One or two say that they are done, but they come right back. Some say they are leaving and that's what they do. Most left without saying so and the exodus since 2020 should have been avoided. 

The new Heritage sounds a lot better than earlier offerings. Some existing owners will buy new, while most can't afford 10, 20, or $30,000 speakers, so a small number will try to improve the sound of what they own. Since the Heritage line is less than 5% of new Klipsch sales and none of the new ones need to be refreshed or upgraded it should have never been any worry. I am sure GM would not cut relations with someone who wants to install Brembo brake pads on their Vette, rather than AC Delco. It would be a disaster for GM to condemn them. Caps and diaphragms have to be a microscopic fraction of a percent of sales and are not worth what they have cost. It's like wasting dollars to save pennies.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 5

On 3/15/2024 at 8:30 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Disclaimer: I am unsure if we are permitted to use the D word here. I said JEM, Dean, and the C word the other day when someone asked about caps. I was thrown in the forum jail for saying the C word and the whole thread was removed. 

I was just responding to your disclaimer since it sounded like you’re not sure what the rules are. 

I just can’t figure out why people still don’t know what they can, and cannot post about, considering how much it’s been discussed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I was just responding to your disclaimer since it sounded like you’re not sure what the rules are. 

I just can’t figure out why people still don’t know what they can, and cannot post about, considering how much it’s been discussed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I do appreciate you for that. You have a service for replacing caps and building networks. I mentioned your name too, but that didn't cause any problem. The last I read, you posted that you want to be removed as an official Klipsch cap replacer. Is that still the case or are you back with Klipsch? 

• Like 2

Yeah, I’m tired/burned out and have arthritis in my hands, back and neck. I take on work when I feel up to it. Most just want a recap, and Jim is handling those. He reaches out to me when he needs me. If someone wants something else built, I’m doing that on a very limited basis also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Yeah, I’m tired/burned out and have arthritis in my hands, back and neck. I take on work when I feel up to it. Most just want a recap, and Jim is handling those. He reaches out to me when he needs me. If someone wants something else built, I’m doing that on a very limited basis also. 

Sorry to hear about your joint problems.