Compliments of Ken Krandazzo

Deang

Deang, you helped me out with bi-amping the Rf7s awhile back. Just thought I'd let you know, I took your advice and recently bought 2 scott 99d mono integrated amps for the heresey's. I have the best of both worlds now - tremendous, clean volume when I need it, and the soothing sounds of tubes when I'm veging out. Though I couldn't resist the look of the scott amps, whether I heard them or not... 22 watts perchannel, no less.4.gif

• 2 months later...

Bumped for Dave -- who wanted to see what the inside of the Vault looked like.

Don't worry Mike -- I told him when he's done with it, he has to ship it to you when you're ready.

Consider this thing the Offical Klipsch Forum Member's Cornwall Shipping Container. My small payback to what this forum has contributed to my joy!

• 11 months later...

OK, even Miss Valerie might say wow,..... "An improvement to Paul's speakers." (Inside joke!) Well, maybe not, with the newer crossover, but I bet it is.. I am speechless.

I am kinda anal retentive when it comes to cars, I like them extra clean, do regular maintenance and feel this holds their value too. Same with audio. Buy good stuff and take care of it..and it will take care of you too. I hope your coming to the Klipsch event, I would love to swap stories on what you did too. OUTSTANDING work!

• 4 years later...

so That's where it came from! thanks for posting the link. Fantastic workmanship in that vault and good of you guys to keep it in circulation. I wonder how many times it's been used? Everyone should have signed the lid of it as it toured the US!

So old DeanO used to be a Cornwall guy, eh? How many systems have you been through man? Running a close second to Joe are ya?

M

The history of the mighty Cornwall Vault revealed.

Now that is some dedication. And yeah, as CP1 says it would be too cool if signed and maybe location added with every trip. And from what I've read in a few posts, this Forward Air if close enough to both ends is like a fraction of the shipping goons rates if a terminal is close to both locations.

It would be cool if the users even after the fact could sign with date (estimated year if the memory is fuzzy) Ken Krandazzo creator apparenlty 2003, Dean G 1st recipient ... and it still lives.

And this thread resurrected by who else but CP1? 4 to 5 years after it's last post, that a post a year after the previous. And I've seen at least a thread or two and I've only been around here since May 2007.

But they're not all crazy hon, their, their, dedicated and passionate, that's it, dedicated and passionate.

• 2 weeks later...

The funny thing is that people are impatient and want things NOW! So someone from the east coast buys speakers from the left coast and vice versa and if they had only waited, what 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, et cetera they could have purchased what they were looking for locally. I would never trust buying a heavy speaker through "the mail" (including UPS FED EX wHaTeVeR) I like to "kick" the merchandise and pick it up when paying CASH $$$$.

"The funny thing is that people are impatient and want things NOW!"

NOOOOOOOOO, we want specific items in pristine condition and kept that way. Some of the specific models of Cornwall this vault has carried are the '74 pair that borne this vault (now owned by me and out of circulation for my lifetime), '68 verticals with original grills and pie slice logos (also OBMAOOCFML), '89 Cornwalls in Oak Oil, and many, many others - all PRISTINE and kept that way as this vault safely protected every single one of them. Even took a shot from a forklift once. Forward Air made this relatively cheap to ship, too - many, many Cornwalls safely delivered from this. The vault has had a productive life.

This vault allowed forum members to choose which exact Cornwalls they wanted from a number of locations - and as experienced 2 channel forum members know, a Cornwall is not just a Cornwall - there were many finishes, model years, and some minor differences between the driver setups. Might take a while to find a rare pair locally - this solves the problem :-)

And it is still available if anyone needs to use it - see posts in "Garage Sale" regarding this.