now heres a real sucker!

prodj101

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miele

Top-notch vacuums, as highly engineered as our speakers. They don't bother with advertising, at least not in the US, but there's plenty of info available online. German-made, very nice vaccums. Might sound silly, but hey, I like ALL of my toys to be nice.

Vive la general forum.

(At least you can be thankful this topic isn't about politics.)

Crash (and I would venture to say TheEars) can read and you said:

"we tried them out and anyway, thats what we got." You also asked if anyone had seen that commercial. So lets see - you watched a commercial that was BS aimed at uninformed people and then you bought their vacuum. You have no measurable data on IF it will actually clean - perhaps the question is do you understand clean - but it appeared to suck pretty good. Great marketing. Poor research.

Companies have been using that BS bowling bowl and other nonsense - sucking items up from the floor below the one the vacuum - for years. It has nothing to do with the cleaning power of a vacuum. I am not here to provide an education so I will simply say do some research. Oh yeah, and Ears is correct - you could have just grabbed a Shop Vac and had plenty of suction. It will suck your bowling bowl through a garden hose.

Before you use profanities, youngster, you should know what you are talking about. The fact is a "couple" of those department store vacuums are rebranded European vacuums which are known the world over as some of the best vacuums money can buy. They would stomp your Oreck into dog manure. Try learning the names Sebo, Miele, and Dyson - of course, they do not come cheap ($400+) and they are not meant to be disposable.

Then again, some people aren't particularly concerned with the 'facts' surrounding their purchase nor are they willing to spend the money to buy quality - marketers are there to take advantage when this happens and sell "millions" of them as the commercials say. I love that line - "Million's sold", therefore, no need to be concerned you might be the only fool buying our product at this price.

"You also asked if anyone had seen that commercial. So lets see - you watched a commercial that was BS aimed at uninformed people and then you bought their vacuum. "

once again, you must not be able to read. we TRIED the vacuum, and THAN bought it. Also, what makes you think we either have enough money to get a miele, or would want to spend it if we did? personally I think what the oreck costed was too much. also crash, where do you get off callin me youngster like you're age has gotten you something that I don't have. sorry guys, vacuums aren't on the top of my priorities list.

oh, and ears. we have a shop vac too 3.gif

Age has "gotten" me something you don't have: the ability to spell, the ability to use words in the appropriate place pursuant to their meaning, the ability to read other's posts, as well as my own, and the ability to do so while comprehending the implications and inferences made by those posts.

Perhaps you can't afford a Miele and if you can, I already answered why you may not have gotten one; several times in fact. Why is it even necessary to tell me it isn't one of your priorities?

In any case, enjoy your purchase and if you ever need to pick up a bowling ball, I am sure the Oreck will not disappoint.

P.S. It is poor form to quote a previous post while extracting the parts that clearly show the point you are trying to make is fallacious to begin with - particularly when you are attempting to insult the poster quoted.

Hey, how do you guys like your Mieles? I'm currently going over units, Miele Bluemoon and the Bosch Ultra Platinum are two top contenders, I take my cleaning pretty seriously, with 4 cats running about, I don't have much choice.

I currently have a hand-me-down Rainbow, and while it's okay, it's overly complicated for what I'd consider simply okay cleaning. The Miele is 1100 watts, the Bosch is 1450, these things are cleaning BEASTS. Miele seems to have a better control scheme and more attachments. If you look, many conventional vacuum makers also have a higher-end division that makes mid-level vacs that sometimes don't cost that much more than your Walmart variety cleaner, but offer much better service.

Strangely enough, vacuums are a lot like audio stuff. You have your Joe Six Pack, who grabs something off the shelf at a big chain store, simply wanting something that "just works". Then, you have those people who are willing to go out of the way and spend more money for performance that blows away the mass-produced junk. And then you have the true *philes, people that go beyond most normal users, many of them prefer models that are considered antiques by many, no longer in production by the companies, but are still highly respected among peers, these people are purists, they baby and pamper their equipment when not in use and when they do use it, it'll draw a crowd because their "antiques" will destroy anything else out there.

I'd say I'm in the middle, on both accounts. I love a good vacuum, but I don't have the money or appreciation to get out there and buy a 1940's unit and baby and tweak it constantly. Same with audio, I like the new stuff just fine, reference series is plenty good for me, I have neither the money or patience to do heritage speakers any justice.

Oh, and there are such things as vacuum races, but it's not like they show in the commercials.

crash, not insulting you, I just don't see how suddenly you're all high and mighty because you're older than me. and either way, is grammer really that important here? browse the forums and you'll notice that theres thousands of grammarical and spelling mistakes. If this was an essay, I might be a little concerend, but considering the point I was trying to make wasn't a matter of how good my grammer is, I don't really think it's that big of a deal. if thats the only thing you can come up with, you really need to consider the fact that I'm in 9th grade and you've been through at least highschool, and college I'm assuming, so of course your grammer will be better.

As for you minn male, you really would fit in better in wisconsin.

----------------

On 2/16/2003 12:03:46 AM minn_male42 wrote:

hello?????

i thought this was an audio forum about klipsch speakers.....

if you wanna "suck" about something ...do it someplace else....

or maybe you can find a "vacuum cleaner forum"....

how about you talk about speakers or music or something related or just stop posting?????

what are you....14????

or ..are you gonna whine about the fact that best buy is now selling your favorite vacuum cleaner line???

and all your friends won't be impressed with your latest floor cleaning device???

russ

----------------

juding by your posts... your knew here.

this is more of a forum for people of the same interests, and the "general topics" area tends to have nothing to do with speakers.

dont whine... its annoying.

how about if you dont like us going off topic... you find somewhere else.

which reminds me... i need a new shop-vac.

whenever it floods down here, things get interesting.

that reminds me, back in the day...

my very wealthy friends basement would flood a lot, so they'd take 4 shop vacs, put sub-pumps in them, and run them for a few hours to clear out the water... hehe

proj

proper grammer and spelling is a sign of maturity.....interesting, thoughtful, and mature posts get more respect than posts that are hard to read because they look like they were written by a 3rd grader....

if you want respect for your posts, you need to earn it.....just like in any other facet of life....maybe someday you will learn.....

you will probably not respond tonight because it is past your bedtime.....

you could learn alot from the members of this forum..there is a great deal of knowledge and experience here....experience that shows itself by communicating clearly with proper grammer and spelling.....

say it doesn't matter.....just keep it up when you write up your first resume and see how many job offers you get little boy....

as for the wisconsin crack.....you are exhibiting more cheeshead traits than anyone i've ever met!!!

russ

I have tried the Oreck and found it does quite nice,it is light,powerfull,very easy to push.I don't own one(it was my neighbor Skull's) but for short carpet,pretty clean anyway environment,packing bowling balls etc,its great.I personally own a Hoover bagless wind tunnel,actually its my wife's.

Wow! Did you actually read my last post? All you got out of it was a grammar lesson? Yikes.

Slow down and comprehend for a minute.

1) Grammar is very important - here on the forum, in daily life, AND on your website you wish others to visit. Certainly everyone is not scrutinizing every sentence they write and ensuring 100% accuracy in their spelling and grammar but you, in a blatant display of the ineffectiveness of our school systems today, aren't achieving more than 30% accuracy. It is something you definitely should strive to improve - 9th grade doesn't mean you should be writing on a 5th grade level. With the 1000+ posts you have written, it should be improving.

2) You did insult me. You then insulted me again when claiming not to insult me. This is ok. I have insulted you as well - actually your penmanship did but I will take credit. I harbor no ill will and hope you, instead of acting like a child and focusing on the criticism, decide to improve your writing and your comprehension when you do read. Reading is not just an exercise for the eyes - it is meant to impart knowledge, entertainment, etc.

3) You insult people older than you on a regular basis and should modify your thought process. We are older because of life experiences you can't even imagine yet in that still developing but thick-headed skull of yours. Thinking older people are dumb and/or on your same mental level is...well, dumb and a prime indicator you have a lot of growing up to do.

I give you some credit and I read your posts more often than I participate. You love audio and participate in an enthusiast's forum often trading posts with folks a lot older than you. With 1000+ posts, you obviously are not out getting in trouble or doing other stupid kid things. Take advantage of your enthusiasm: listen, learn, and hone your mental acuity. The dumbest thing a young person does is think they can outwit those people older than them.

Have a good day, young man. I assume it is near your bedtime. 9.gif

I am not familiar with that one Mike? Wanna tell us about it or must I go do some research?

For those less familiar with vacuums, I will offer a simple question you must ask yourself prior to even considering your options:

What exactly do you plan on vacuuming with it?

Shop vacs are awesome - mine has a built-in water pump which is quite convenient. It will be less than effective however when attempting to vacuum Berber carpet hence my having a cannister vacuum with proper accessories.

I was stunned when I participated on a vacuum cleaner board for a few months. There are vacuum fanatics out there that are genuinely in love with vacuums. Those old Rainbow vacs have an incredible following and are either loved or vehemently despised - the claims made by Rainbow and their salesmen generally are the reasons they are hated. Old Electrolux and Kirby's have a hell of a following as well. There are guys - I said guys - out there who own 50+ vacuums. Mind-boggling.