THE FIGHTING HAS GOT TO STOP!

jt1stcav

All this bickering between Klipsch Forum members concerning the war in Iraq...it's fruitless, I'm afraid. We all have our beliefs, pro and con, and no one is going to change our minds. I know how I feel, and that's that!

Therefore, I am no longer going to contribute to any of the threads on this bitter conflict. I've spoken my peace...you know where I stand. I don't need the Webmaster coming down on me, you, or anyone else. I even gave forresthump2 the benefit of a doubt, but he kept on his HATE EVERYONE ways, and got booted off these Forums...again!

I have no beef with ANY of you. I respect ALL your views on all things related to audio and Klipsch. I've learned alot so far concerning horn technology, tube and vintage SS amplification, and have even made a few friends along the way. I've had questions answered from HDBRbuilder, fini, Anarchist, cyclonecj, flason, PHIL O, kev313, DeanG, HornEd, Colin, TheEAR, Jim Cornell, sj993, dougdrake, leok, ChrisKing, justin_tx_16, TBrennan, PYRO, The Hobbit, Kain, DALE WALKER, prodj101, lynnm, m00n, BerndH, skonopa, dndphishin, NOSvalves, artto, Bill H, cluless, Trey Cannon, mobile_homeless, Edster00, JasN00b, chuckears, bruinsrme, Ray Garrison, sunnysal, boomac, William F. Gil McDermott, AndyKubicki, and many, many others (forgive me if I didn't mention your name/handle).

I truely enjoy these Klipsch Forums! I enjoy talking to each and every one of you. But this conflict has really turned this BB and its members around a complete 360, and I don't like what it's become. I'm still going to contribute to this BB, either asking questions or trying to give advice on all things related to audio, our hobbies, and other points of interests. But that's the extent of it.

If anyone asks for my opinion, or wants a response from me to any comments or questions concerning this war...well, your questions will go unanswered! I just will NOT participate on any threads in any of these Forums on this war. PERIOD!

'Nuff said.

Jim,

Upon first glance at the topic of your thread I thought it was another thread about the ongoing war. After having read your post I now see that it is not. I agree that the many posts regarding the war and/or political stance typically ends up with bickering among forum members. Despite the fact many of the threads do have some good debates sooner or later it always becomes personal. Anyway, thanks for the post and I would have to agree with you that it has somewhat turned the forum a little sour in recent weeks.

Political bickering and nastiness might not be productive but it's great fun and a sign of a healthy Democracy. And I'm a very political guy and find it VERY hard to pass on such arguements. But in the interests of civility I'm willing to lay off the politics for awhile.

I am with you JT! I just got so sick and tired of all the complete and utter CRAP that was being posted to the war related threads. I am not a politcal guy myself, and in my honost opinion, I think all that political bull$#!+ is exactly that - bull$#!+. I would be willing to bet that had PWK himself had seen some of those war thread, that big yellow button would have come out pretty darn quick! This is my last posting on anything that is even remotely related to the war. I just have no room for any of that political crap in my life 14.gif.

Well, I really appreciate all the positive responses from each and every one of you so far! Thanks...

This war has got everyone all trigger-happy, and I admit that I too, got sucked into preaching to the top of my lungs alot of times! Granted, a debate or two is healthy, as long as we don't go overboard. But I know that I'm guilty of going off the deep end on a few posts to make my point, and I didn't like what I was becoming. I'm not mad at anyone for having their own views on this subject, but once the name calling started, I saw myself becoming another "forresthump2", and I didn't join the Klipsch Forums to insult others!

We can still have our differences of opinions, just like we do on SET vs. SS amps, or which sounds better...the RF-7 or the Belle Klipsch; I enjoy these discussions, and I learn alot to boot. But when I disagree with someone, and I want to call that person a dumbf&@% SOB, then I've crossed over the line to the lowest depths of "forrest-dom", and that's not what this Forum is all about.

Thanks for your support...let's leave the disagreement to what speaker cables sound the best, shall we?

Georgie,

Although I can't say I belong to the DBF community I still cherish the time I was on the Trident Subs. The other day I was sifting through some boxes and found some pictures of an aircraft carrier in the crosshairs of a scope, P3 dropping sonar buoys, 40 foot waves crashing over us while up in the bridge during the "Perfect Storm", missile launches, crew members sliding down the missile compartment (Sherwood Forest)on wool blankets during angles and dangles. Then the pictures of the Shell Back ceremony (very gross).

Great times....

The Sub community is something special.

USS Tennessee SSBN734 Gold Plankowner

USS Maryland SSBN738 Blue Plankowner

USS Michigan SSBN727 Blue and Gold

Run Silent Run Deep,

Scott

----------------

On 3/24/2003 5:24:15 PM TheEAR wrote:

Its 5:25PM here and I will no longer post about war topics.The BS makes my blood boil and does not help much.

----------------

This may cool your boiling blood.

DOGFIGHT

Bush and Osama decided to settle the war once and for all.

They sat down and decided to settle the whole dispute with one dog fight. They would have 5 years to breed the best fighting dog in the world and whichever side's dog won would be entitled to dominate the world.

Osama found the biggest, meanest Doberman and Rottweiler female dogs in the world and bred them with the biggest, meanest Siberian wolves.

They selected only the biggest and strongest puppy from each litter, removed his siblings, which gave him all the milk. After 5 years, they came up with the biggest, meanest dog the world had ever seen.

Its cage needed steel bars that were 5" thick and nobody could get near it.

When the day came for the dogfight, Bush showed up with a strange looking animal. It was a 9 foot long Dachshund. Everyone felt sorry for Bush because they knew there was no way that this dog could possibly last 10 seconds with the Afghanistani dog.

When the cages were opened up, the Dachshund came out of its cage and slowly waddled over towards Osama's dog. Osama's dog snarled and leaped out of it's cage and charged the American Dachshund----but When it got close enough to bite the Dachshund's neck, the Dachshund opened it's mouth and consumed Osama's dog in one bite. There was nothing left at all of his dog.

Osama came up to Bush, shaking his head in disbelief. "We don't understand how this could have happened. We had our best people working for 5 years with the meanest Doberman and Rottweiler female dogs in the world and the biggest, meanest Siberian wolves."

"That's nothing," said Bush. "We had our best plastic surgeons working for 5 years to make that alligator look like weenie dog.

al2.jpg

Woof!

----------------

On 3/24/2003 3:08:28 PM lynnm wrote:

Jim

I'm with you.

I just don't see the political bickering and personal nastiness as being productive. I let myself get sucked into it in the last week or so but I too think - Enough is enough.

----------------

lynnm, it's hard not getting sucked in, especially when it deals with such a topic that people have very strong feelings about. I also try to stay out of them but find myself getting sucked in. 14.gif

Much 71.gif to for JT have the gooders to stand up and say something.9.gif

oh and lets not read anything into that love.... K! 2.gif

JT,

I guess I would follow the 1st Cav anywhere. Count me in. I like your two channel system JT. I've been looking at a McIntosh MC250 and may make it my next purchase. I need Heresy IIs for the HT but after that, it may be time to see about some Cornwalls.