I'm Gonna Be Tubed!

Hmm,

This is kind of wierd.

My dad has an old knight amp that he is currently fixing up.

If he gets it up and running by the time I go home on spring break there is a good chance that it might come to live with my heresies for a while.

Just an odd coincidence.

Peace, Josh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried to show my wife the scott... She wouldn't even look at it. She started getting all mad because she just knows it's gonna be ugly, telling me that she was drawing the line. I better hold off on getting a tube amp for now until I can afford something that is not going to cause such a riff between us. 4.gif

Which is ok, cause I was thinking about buying a Harman Kardon AVR-8000. Now I have a good reason to do so. 9.gif

"I better hold off on getting a tube amp for now until I can afford something that is not going to cause such a riff between us."

"Which is ok, cause I was thinking about buying a Harman Kardon AVR-8000. Now I have a good reason to do so."

Help me out here. You can't afford something on the tube side that will please her, but you can afford $2500 for the H/K?

I'm banishing you back to the HT forum.

LOL Nah Dean, I won't be paying that price. I found a guy that has a AVR-8000 in perfect condition. He is willing to sell it for $999, he is upgrading to some other receiver. but that means i have to find a buyer for my AVR-520. The difference in price won't be that much really. 10.gif

Craig,

Still waiting for the new 299 cabinet to be refinished, but I snuck the little SOB into the house for a little spin around the block with my CW's. WOW! Very impressive little piece of equipment. I don't care how much ridicule I receive, I like the tone controls. You can really have fun with them. However, I do have a question. Before I buy a tt, what cartridges will work well with the phono stage in a 299? I'd like a sensible balance between noise floor and volume. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

What is your price range ? In all actuality the Scott can handle many different Cartridges because of its high and low pickups. I'm running a 2.5 mv High output MC without any problem with the low input plenty of gain.

Craig

I love the tone controls. A very nice thing to have. When I listen at low volumes, I turn both the treble and bass up to 1. When I go 95 to 100 db -- I flatten the bass and turn the treble down to -1.

----------------

On 4/5/2003 2:47:07 PM NOSValves wrote:

Moon,

You need to go see a Doctor you are Audio unstable
1.gif
Give me a break !

Craig

----------------

I can't help it. I have two projects going on at once. I have my theater that I am still trying to build and get back in order, I have always wanted the AVR-8000, and then on an impulse I buy some Klipsch Belles. Now that I have the belles, I want to get them sounding as best as possible. So yeah, I am torn between two projects.

----------------

On 4/5/2003 2:55:22 PM ChrisKing wrote:

. I don't care how much ridicule I receive, I like the tone controls. You can really have fun with them.

Thanks,

Chris

----------------

love the tone controls. A very nice thing to have. When I listen at low volumes, I turn both the treble and bass up to 1. When I go 95 to 100 db -- I flatten the bass and turn the treble down to -1.

Deang.

Mobile would be rolling in his grave 6.gif

Jeff

"I am torn between two projects."

Gee, this sounds familiar. I can sure relate. I'm the resident loon here on two-channel. I think I've driven half of everyone crazy with my antics.

Man m00n, I feel bad for your RF-7's -- squished in with all that HT stuff. Everytime I go to your page to see where you are at, they cry out to me, "save us", "save us"!9.gif

Jeff,

Is he dead? If so, let him roll -- It would do him some good.

Damn controls are part of the circuit anyway -- mind as well use them!

Dean tell me about it... I am getting incredibly tired of not having this done. And I am getting incredibly pissy about the fact that this lady has not sent me my check for the driver replacement. She apparently sent it last Saturday, here it is a week later and I still don't have it.7.gif

----------------

On 4/5/2003 3:37:10 PM DeanG wrote:

Jeff,

Is he dead? If so, let him roll -- It would do him some good.

Damn controls are part of the circuit anyway -- mind as well use them!

----------------

Dean,

Figured if he was around and lurking we'd get a response from him.

Not gonna bite Kelly?

Jeff

No, I think he's avoiding this place like the plague. I don't think he can come in here without posting.

Of course, I've said some stuff over the last month that probably put him might over the edge.

ahhh, i allready want those! LoL! is it a good thing i started this so young? LoL!

Justin, make sure you get them before you get married! Pay attention to the guys here who worry about the WAF. My Khorns made wives complain, but they knew I will NOT part with them! When I got the KG4s, my wife asked if I was replacing the Khorns! HA! I told her she knows better!