Picture of my Finished Belles****************************

Thanks for the nice comments guys! The new color of the cabinets and grill cloth made them much easier as far as the WAF goes.

Danny - I did build the Billies. They were one of the easiest kits I have built. And the refinish job on the speakers has dampened all ethusiasm for any near term woodworking. Actually the wood finishing was not that bad, if you get a good orbital sander. I did not strip them, just sanded. Dealing with the staples in the frames for the Grill Cloth was the real $#%&^ *****! I had my friend with a table saw cut new frames for the Bass Bin. The staples were easy to pull once you managed to get something underneath them. They were really driven into the wood. HDBR must have really leaned on them.9.gif

Ditto! You did an outstanding job on refinishing your Belles. All that hard work really paid off...I can see why PWK named his most beautiful design after his wife, and your Belle Klipsch are a fantastic example of Paul's most georgeous loudspeaker design ever! My hat's off to you and your fine work.

Tubelion,

I'm still looking for some oil caps. I've got some of the motor caps and may try them for an experiment. To get into the Bass Bin of the Belle, there is a panel with about 8 screws on the bottom of the Bin. The woofer cable attaches to the of the bin with a couple of screws.

Randy,

The cement speakers are Rauna Tyr's. I like them both, but they are different.

I'll let you judge for yourself. Why don't you come over and listen to them some day. When you have some time during the day, I know that you are working now, but whenever it fits into your schedule.2.gif