Selling my Belles... I said I would give you guys first crack.

m00n

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard others say that the cornwall is not a part of the "official" heritage family. Also the cornwall is not listed in the heritage section of the products area on the main Klipsch website.

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend anyone. 4.gif

----------------

On 4/25/2003 10:37:56 AM garymd wrote:

What do you mean cornwalls are not "Official Heritage Speakers?" They are as heritage as heritage gets!!
----------------

He is right. The Chorus, Cornwalls, and Fortes were once known as Heritage Series speakers also; but, are currently not listed when you click on the Heritage Series link through products on the main webpage. Apparently the only ones that get that classification right now are the ones still in production. That doesn't take away from them being old school Heritage Series though. 2.gif

m00n - You should take a listen to the cws just for the fun of it. Not one person I have demo'd them for in the 23 years I've owned mine hasn't sat there, slack-jawed, saying "WOW, AMAZING, WHERE CAN I GET A PAIR OF THOSE," etc. That's with lots of raw SS power running through them. Granted, these weren't khorn owners, but.....

Hi moon. I`ve never posted on one of your treads before, but have read all of them. What a long strange trip it has been as you took us through your personal journey of buying, arranging shipping, setting up, listening to, repairing, and now selling your prized Belles. Your experience has been invaluable to others that are looking to obtain a Klipsch speaker. What a wealth of information it has been for myself as I just bought some Cornwalls on e-bay and just received them an hour ago via truck freight at my front door. Your posts and the good people who responded with advise will live in these archives for many years and will help others in forming a plan in buying, shipping and so on. That`s what these boards are all about and I just want to say thank you. Now I`m going down stairs to inspect the cargo as I continue to use knowledge I acquired during your crazy crazy saga owning Belles. Thanks again.16.gif

OMG m00n - would you have ever thought in your right mind that giving us here the first shot at your Belles would've generated this much traffic and the various types of responses?? WOW 6.gif

I think it boils down to folks just venting their frustration at seeing you having to give up that which you worked fairly hard at getting. I think there are many of us here sharing our "regrets" of things we sold in the past that we've kicked ourselves for doing. And when we observe someone whom we think is going down that path, we tend to do the kicking for them. 9.gif

IMNSHO - you should do what your ears tell you. The bottom line is that no two ears hear the same thing. And while I truly respect many here who have the ability to hear/discern subtleties, I often ask myself, what if they came to my house, made any changes to my system they wanted in order to get my system to sound "correct" (by their definition), and I said to them, "Uh - I can't tell the difference." Would I be whipped and cast out just because I can't tell the difference? Anywho - that's my rhetorical question for the month. 2.gif

As for your HT...I think it's cool. Your rooms' narrow width I think will be a challenge for just about most speakers - especially when it come to imaging. Many very accurate speaker systems (Khorns excepted) need to be placed out away from the walls. Your RF7's are no exception. I've heard those speakers in a rather large room (25' x 30') and when they were pulled out from the side & back walls...OMG, they were totaly different animals.

Later....

Tom

Moon how much do you think you could pick up the cornwalls for?They would take up somewhat less room for you plus will be cheeper then the belles which will free up some money. Maybe you could use the cornwalls in your hometheater.I hate to see you sell the belles, but you got to do what is best for you. I cant believe your wife doesnt like the lookes of the scott tube amps, a tube amp and a good size room would have made those belles really sing.

Middlecreekguy, hurry and get those belles up and running and give use a full review as soon as possible. What amp are you going to use with the cornwalls?

here is what I do not understand. m00n had the opportunity to experiment with some audio components where he learned a lot and I am sure others did too. m00n probably learned more about audio than he would have in some credited course at the local comm college.

Personally I have been in a similar situation as m00n and sold items for a monetary loss but gained priceless knowledge and experience. Some may pay $300 for such an experience while others will spend far more money to have half naked women dance near them. Both are great but why do we never consider the half naked woman thing a waste of money?

Uh, because they are "half naked women" - actually I only spend my money if they are completely naked and engaged in some kind of deviant behavior.

Since you mention women and attempt to draw an analogy, let me join the forray. How smart would it be to purchase, by way of marriage, a dozen different women and lose money on each one? Hmmm. Probably a better idea to be reasonably sure she will provide what you want, not give you anything you don't want and you can afford her in terms of space, maintenance, and location.

Moon has sampled. Moon has sold. Moon will one day purchase again. Moon is ok.

Reminds me of when I hocked my guitar in college because I was short of money and pizza and beer were important. Of course, I then spent twice the money buying another guitar two years later once I discovered weed was cheaper than beer. 10.gif

----------------

On 4/25/2003 10:17:27 PM j-malotky wrote:

Moon

If you are considering a Cornwall, also consider the Chorus or Forte.

The Forte may be a real good choise for you in your smaller rooms.

Too bad you live on the west coast, if you were in my neck of the woods I'd let you borrow my set for a listen.

JM

----------------

J/M, what do you know about the KLF-30s. Have you heard a compairison of the two? Does klipsch even still produce the KLF-30?

Reason I am asking about the KLF-30 is because I have heard that it's a good rock and roll speaker. While that sounds good to me, I really don't want to loose too much of that heritage sound. Are the KLF-30s a way different beast than the Cornwalls?

Ports versus Passive radiator?

I think there is only one or 2 forum cruisers that have compared the Cornwalls against the Chorus II, and i cannot remember who it was.

It would be a very interesting comparrison.

I like the mid of a LaScalas better than mine; but the Chorus II has better bass speed and firmness in my rig.

Never heard the Corns myself. Only seen pictures.

Most Corn owners never heard a Chorus II.

Moon - Flynn

Sorry I have not heard a KLF-30.

I have owned Cornwalls and Chorus 1s at the same time and have posted about them. I have heard Chorus 2s but have not owned although I liked them when I heard them.

I prefered the Chorus 1 over the Cornwall. IMO it was a smoother more ballanced sound. The Corwall is more slam or in your face sound.

The Cornwall, Chorus 1 and 2 are all extremely outstanding speakers.

All 3 will have more overall lower end bass than your Belles.

JM

Moon

Just re-reading your post and thinking about your room sizes.

You should seriously look at the Forte.

It is a GREAT rock and roll speaker. It definetely has the Heritage sound. Will have almost the same mids and highs of your Belles and has great bass. Not as BIG sounding as the Chorus or Cornwall, which is important for subtile Classical music, but for Rock, the Fortes do ROCK.

They have a fairly small footprint too.

JM