Klipsch hi-fi system

MD1032

at present, klipsch does not have current speakers that are three way - usually its just two way - with a tweeter and a woofer for mids and maybe even lows (if so desired) - sometimes they have a pair of woofers for even more mids (and lows).

correct me if im worng guys - but something like the rf-7 is a two way right? since the woofers are completely identical 8" copper woofers?

Unfortunately, our beloved heritage do not get near the 20hz LF extension nor the 20Khz HF in the 3db criteria. However, what they do from 35-50hz (depending on your model choices) and 16Khz is what the addicted are attracted to.

As to components for Hi-Fi - I really can't speak to the Klipsch stuff, other than you would need to go elsewhere for non power peripherals (TT, SACD, DVD, CD, etc.)

Well, the RF-7's only go down to a measly 35 hz, which pretty much SUCKS for what they're charging for them. What's the best system they sell? My friend had a Yamaha 3-way system that pretty much kills and had deep, low bass. Only 400 bucks a tower.

If you're looking for reasonably priced 3-way Klipsch check out the RP-3s and RP-5s (both now discontinued). The RP3-s will run you roughly $500 on Ebay for the pair, the RP-5s about $650. Both are extremely sensitive speakers, and will definately out perform anything ever made by yamaha.

The frequency response of the RP3s is 27Hz-20kHz, the RP-5s 25Hz-20kHz.

----------------

On 6/12/2003 3:38:57 PM MD1032 wrote:

Well, the RF-7's only go down to a measly 35 hz, which pretty much SUCKS for what they're charging for them. What's the best system they sell? My friend had a Yamaha 3-way system that pretty much kills and had deep, low bass. Only 400 bucks a tower.

----------------

And I'm sure they sound just awesome.......

There are many things which will make a speaker sound great, and a simple frequency response doesn't mean much without seeing a plot of it. There is also a big difference over the smoothed curves used in marketing versus the measured ones.

A good example of this is many manufactures offer their lower end speakers with almost identical specs as their highest end units... but yet they sound nothing alike in a side-by-side comparison.

----------------

On 6/12/2003 3:38:57 PM MD1032 wrote:

----------------

I'll take the RF-7s thank you. A nice set of cornwalls cost less than $400/speaker. See how the yammys sound next to those. LOL

But Bose post no specs... 14.gif

Ya... sound is what counts. I have KG-2.5's as mains. Bookshelfs. I guess you would say these were the worst speakers ever made since they only go down to a PATHETIC, HORRIBLE 50Hz. Uhh, or not. Put these things on a full range amp, and they really sound nice. They have plenty of bass- and they just have 2x6.5" woofers that can take 75W and play to 50Hz. If their low reach was so bad, I would have upgraded to some of the crappy Pioneer, etc. towers from local shops that can play to 35Hz. Don't judge a speaker by its specs... you don't even know if you can hear 20Hz- some people can't. And don't say you heard 20Hz from your PM speakers- we all know that is a joke. The RF-7's are great... I would love to own a pair... and surely 35Hz would do you fine. If you want to PAY for your full range sound, take a look at some "nice" Legacy audio speakers. They will run you, oh, 40 grand or so, but they will play your beloved inaudible sub-bass.