Other Speakers:

1 Pair Acoustron LWE-1A

Subs:

Klipsch RSW-12

Mirage LF-10

Other:

Shure V15Vxmr Cartridge

Lots of Cable

When I started thinking about this I almost had a heart attack. As I told Craig earlier, I think I need to enter a 12 step program. It's gotten a little out of hand.

I want to thank Cluless for the quick email notifying me of the academy and the very very kind individual who sold it to me. He is a real stand-up guy! I should get it early next week.

I think I'm about done (yeah right) other than possibly finding a pre to go with my new Mac. I may have to sell off an item or 2 to afford that one.

I want to wish everyone on the forum and their loved ones a happy and safe 4th of July (including our beloved Canadian members2.gif and any others).

God Bless, Gary

----------------

On 7/3/2003 8:35:21 PM bkrop wrote:

And how does the brains of the outfit feel about all this?
12.gif

----------------

LOL If she only knew the whole truth.11.gif It was her idea to get the tv when we jointly decided to build the HT. The rest she's not too happy about. She still insists she likes the old Kenwood better than the Scott but she's coming around. Wait till I sneak in the academy and the Mac! That's when all hell will break loose! She'll get over it though. Just like everything else.1.gif

Sounds like me several years ago (see my Odds & Mods thread). Since losing my job and being unemployed for a long time, it certainly put what I thought were priorities into a whole new perspective. I miss not being able to buy just about what I wanted, when I wanted it (my McIntosh MC7200 was my last major purchase, and now that and just about everything else is sold)!

Oh well...enjoy it while you can, Gary. I sure did!

Within the last year and 1/2, all audio Yamaha RXV-800, Yamaha Ysw-150 sub, 2 kg-4s sent back because of condition, 2 kg-3's, RC3-II, Magnum-Dynalab Ft-11 FM tuner, Scott 299-C rebuilt by craig, and if I have not been ripped off a pair of LaScalas to arrive soon. Oh, and a Grado silver cartridge for the TT and what does the wife want to Know? What are you going to do with all that TUBING? (assorted tubes that have arrived in multiple small packages)9.gif

It's been a long expensive year for me as well. Lots of learning as well.

Here's the list.

Center La Scala

Three ALK crossovers

Harman Kardon AVR 8000

Harman kardon CDR2 CD Player/burner

Harman Kardon DVD 50

Two La Scalas Mains to add to the ones I have.

Bryston 4B for the SVS.

Man, does the house ever rock now. Doesn't help much that I am now broke...lol

Gary,

what you might be experiencing is synergy. It's difficult stopping yourself from buying more and more Klipsch. Last weekend I visited a gentleman in Illinois who has at least seventeen sets of cornerhorns, and he is always on the prowl for another set.

I thought I might be up with the big dogs, but not quite, judging from your lists6.gif

New in 2003

Black Klipschorns and Belle center

Oiled walnut Belles

Honey stained Poly La Scalas

Singlet Raw birch Heresy

Scott 299C

Crown Power Line 4

HK 630 and HK 430 on way

JVC DVD/SACD/CD player cheap

1957 four bedroom ranch house concert venue with natural stained oak floors

Oiled oak Heresys to match said floors per Wife's orders

1982 Bolens 25 hp lawn tractor with 54 inch deck so I have time to listen to music

five month baby son - always in concert, love Klipsch speakers already!

9.gif9.gif

"Can any one top this"

Absolutely, the $1000 I spend on my sons new mountain bike last week. The gleem and excitement in his eye. the next morning he rode to dunkin donuts and got my favorite coffee, loaded the bikes in the back of the truck and we spent the day trashing in mud, riding thru trees and spend the evening getting ready for the next outing.

Listening to him on the trails on the new bike was the best audio experience in a long time.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEEW TOYS ESPECIALLY THE TV......Parents just bought one and it is truly awesome.

Gotta go hit the trails.

scott

SheltieDave,

Quite an impressive list yourself. I, unfortunately have no khorns on mine.

Marksdad,

Don't quit now. Give it another try. If it took 1/2 hour to put it together it must be a hell of a list.1.gif

Bruin,

It wasn't until my son came back from college and listened to all my new acquisitions (including the HT for the first time last weekend) that I was truly satisfied. I've mentioned before that I'm building a HT for my son for his college graduation. Nothing like spoiling the kids (although my wife and I fight about that all the time). I want them to have all that I wished for when I was their age and didn't get.

----------------

On 7/4/2003 11:28:50 AM cyclonecj wrote:

Wow.... I am really falling behind.

My list for 2003:

1 pair Heresys

Thats it
8.gif

----------------

We're just trying to catch up. That's all. I'll bet you've saved more money than most of us this year.2.gif

I dont know I slowed down but...here goes,last year I did spend a shade over 20 grand on audio,this year is slow(mostly computers 12K so far this year!).

Klipsch RSW10

Klipsch RSW15

Sennheiser HD600(second pair)

Monster M2.4B two pairs of 15ft speaker cables

I have to regain pace near the year's end.

While my list is not as long, I think it could be called distinguished.

-2003-

1968 walnut Klipschorns-in the house

HH Scott 299B-at Craig's for refurb

If you stretch the timeframe to this time last year, my SVS 20-39PC+ was arriving.

Didn't think I had purchased all that much, but on reflection my list for 03 is:

2 RSW-15's

1 Denon DVD-2900 Multi player

1 Headroom Maxed Out Home Reference

1 Senn HD-600

1 Cardas cable for said 600's

Salamander Synergy 30 and SVDO stands

~shoe

Holy moly! I've acquired quite a bit this year, too. The list:

Pair '75 LaScalas,

Pair Klipsch RSW-3,

Klipsch RC3,

HH Scott 299A rebuilt by Craig,

HH Scott 299B awaiting rebuild,

Harman Kardon 630,

Dyanco CDV-1 Tube CD player,

Harman Kardon HD7400 CD player,

Garrard TT,

Rotel TT.

That's since January. No wonder I'm broke!

2.gif

I almost forgot my Bottlehead Foreplay kit and the S5 amp kit. That's about it I think.