Will 600 WPC be enough for my Cornwalls?

BigBusa

Well I have a Dynaco 400 here right now and will give it a whirl on my La Scalas and can even try it on Cornwalls. I will report back what I think. I can tell you I have had 100+ watt amps hooked to mt La Scalas before and never was impressed at all my current tube setup can put them to rest everytime from 70 Db to 115 Db so if I find something different with the Dynaco 400 I will be very surprised but I learned long ago never say never.

Craig

PS Dean really does have the corner on a-hole-ism covered 9.gif

I actually have EXTENSIVE experience with that amp, and I've spent more time in front of a Dynaco 400 than you EVER will.

Yes, of course you will report back that this combo is audio nirvana -- but I will know how full of it you are when you say it.

Also (and this should be so obvious to you), the Cornwall is rated to take 100 watts, and you will never use more than 60 unless you feel like drilling a hole through your forehead.

Some funny posts here ... at least I'm reading them that way. Let's keep the gloves on.

After all my amps (not nearly as many as Dean or Craig) which started at 100W, then 25W, then 15W, then 3.5W and now 4W (my final resting place), I am at a loss of what to think about the effect of 600W. I've never tried it for sure, but my flea-powered tube gear gives me musical traction like I've never heard before. So I'm happy!

I remember what Kelly used to say about what Bigbusa is doing, and it was basically something like "prepare to be disappointed ..." If I recall that thread (one of his last comments on this board), it was at that point that things went downhill fast. (BTW, I think Kelly is now in Italy)

Anyway, I love this country and one the great things we enjoy is the right to pursue happiness as long as it doesn't hurt or interfere with others. This kind of falls into that camp. If he wants to strap 1 gigawatt amps to his Cornwalls that's perfectly fine with me, just as long as the warning horn blows 30 seconds prior to flipping the "on" switch. I'll want to be clear of the zip code.

Come to think of it, I don't care if people have consentual sex with penguins. I'm not into it and don't agree with it, but more power to you if that floats your boat!

Boot-strap away!!

----------------

On 7/17/2003 12:02:15 PM DeanG wrote:

I'm sorry Chris, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw the line at consensual sex with penguins.

Italy huh? Man, she actually managed to drag his arse away from the computer. That's great.

----------------

Consentual sex with a penguin maybe... but with penguins! Now that is pushing it.

I remember peyote as well. Sorta ..... 'shrooms on occasion, but that can be dangerous.

When a child I acted as a child. Now I ...

well, I don't do drugs anymore. I might still act as a child.

Marvel

Well I'm not sure if he's in Italy yet, but he was talking about going over there right around now ...

Then again, poverty from his ongoing boat project may have kept him strapped to keeping up with his work.

Pure speculation.

Finally a nice day in Boston today. It's the kind of weather that could make me want to "Picnic with a Penguin" ...

(Don't you guys remember that old Zappa song ... right up there with "Pajama People" and "Dental Floss Tycoon" ... Perhaps it IS possible that I'm having one of those pesky flashbacks myself)

"(Don't you guys remember that old Zappa song ... right up there with "Pajama People" and "Dental Floss Tycoon" ... Perhaps it IS possible that I'm having one of those pesky flashbacks myself)"

Makes me want to climb in the barrel and do it hurricane style.

"PS Dean really does have the corner on a-hole-ism covered"

I once told a woman there was no point in acting like an a-hole with me as I was already the world's biggest a-hole, she wasn't even in the top 10. She wanted to argue about it.

Stup1d = Ignorant

Anus = a-hole

Ignoranus = ?

(not to be confused with Ignoramus, a play by George Ruggle, ca: 1615. The main character being an ignorant lawyer)

"or play ANY kind of music for the penguin on a low power tube amp on your klipsch speakers.....?????"

She was so hot, I think she was in class A.

But she wasn't impressed when I showed her my 2A3, so I told her I was up-grading to a 300B.

Then she told me she was going to save herself for an 845!

I told her she was biased.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you might enjoy an update ...My brilliant tech has finished one of the amps. I must say he has outdone himself! Adding an input (& other internal stuff I know nothing about) so I can easily switch between mono and stereo modes.

One more Dynaco amp to bridge and I'll be rockin' the block with 1200w to a pair of cornwalls! 6.gif

Here's a pic. aaptor-2.jpg

post-7446-13819248398424_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...