Yo Craig, not everyone is out to get you ...

Audio Flynn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 years of experience!!!

That sounds like a lot to me - hell I have only 2 years or so of experience in tubes and I spout off at the drop of a hat.

More power to you Craig - if you have happy customers that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Of course - I only understand about one word in 10 of the technobabble you speak. From now on pleas use my own new found nomenclature for electronic components as follows:

Resistor - thingie

Capacitor - wotsit

Tube - bulb thing

Everything else - wigget

This will help to clear your posts up nicely.

Cheers and keep on soldering (hot sticking)

Max,

No problem I'm sitting here right now filling out a order at mouser for a boatload of thingie's , wotsits and you forgot wachamicallits !

Andy,

I would of thought you wouldn't be surprised Ryan and I have pretty much called a truce over on the Scott forum also. But he laid it on pretty thick I was surprised myself !

Craig

I am very happy myself to see Craig and Ryan have come to certain understandings.

Craig- 11 brothers & sisters?! Every sperm is sacred, indeed!!

Ryan- I'll give you $250 for that 290.... c'mon, nice quick little profit......... OK, OK, $275, just cause you cleaned it up!9.gif

As for the amount of time required to attain profiency in a given area, I would say that Craig's situation should only serve to encourage those of us with limited experience in any field.

as for the amount of time required to attain profiency in a given area, I would say that Craig's situation should only serve to encourage those of us with limited experience in any field.

Exactly the only thing holding anyone back from learning anything that may interest them is drive to learn.

Craig, I have my HT broken down right now to move into another room. I am replacing the horns with KG-4.5 until I can afford some RF-7s. After I veneered my Khorns I decided to set them up on the long wall in a 2 channel array. Taking your (and others) advice I bought a 299C off ebay and am wearing out my vinyl agian.

I want to recap the 299 but need to practice my rusty soldering skills first so I picked up an LK-30 to play with. Both your and Ryan's posts have helped a lot of us here rediscover our tube roots. Back when I went to Electronics school it was all tubes.(1973-75) Thank you both.

Rick

post-12829-13819248942466_thumb.jpg

I just lit the fuse and left town.

Working to improve the music experience can be a big investment of time. Getting to the next level of perceived improvement with help from a friend is great fun. And we can avoid time and money mistakes from becoming quite expensive.

My wife and kids understand how good the music can sound and how it influences quality of life for the better.

Humble assistance is greatly apreciated.

Thanks Craig

You crabby fart!

FWIW

This type of Forum can at times devolve into a pi$$ing contest and members can get pi$$ed with each other to the point that the focus shifts from what we may contribute to how we may most effectively/devastatingly/shoot/shut down the loser(s) with whom we disagree.

I admit without excuse that I fell into that trap in my battles a while back with Forresthump - ( His absence is unlamented by me to say the least - But should he/she/it reappear in some identifiable form ; I will endeavour to avoid taking the bait).

I am in full agreement with Sunnysal ( Tony ) .

The simple fact that we smell bull$hit when reading a fellow member's post(s) does not impose on us a mandate to attack that member and/or the last 50 generations of his female line ! ( For Tony ) 10.gif

FWIW

Craig comes across to me as hypersensitive at times but overall I find his input very useful.

Ryan's support of Craig in this bruhaha (while astonishing ) shows how valuable forums can be. Craig and Ryan have been at each other's throats for some considerable time but hopefully they will be willing to set aside old hostilities and continue to enlighten us with their knowledge of Scott amps and tube technology in general.

" At the end, I did put his preamp down, however "

Well Done Old Pip !! - One mustn't let the Bleddy Colonials get too much o'er themselves after all ( Sniff ! MiGod is that a Jalapeno I smell ? A dagger before me I can deal with !! BUT A JALAPENO ?? - Those Bleddy things can actually kill ! )

Be Afried ---- Be very Afried !

----------------

On 9/2/2003 7:51:49 PM lynnm wrote:

The simple fact that we smell bull$hit when reading a fellow member's post(s) does not impose on us a mandate to attack that member and/or the last 50 generations of his female line ! ----------------

Like hell it doesn't! 13.gif