Weather relataed: Mobile Homeless

dodger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mind is adrift as well. Too much to do in too short a time. One of the better computer models has this swine storm coming too close for comfort. Regardless, I am seriously considering adding to the Cornwall VAULT thread for inquiry. I might put myself in the device!

For once, solice is here looking at this horrible screen. Everytime I get up to move something else, I have the urge to sit back down here or stare out at the huge surf coming in!

kh

----------------

On 9/16/2003 10:31:44 AM mobile homeless wrote:

My mind is adrift as well. Too much to do in too short a time. One of the better computer models has this swine storm coming too close for comfort. Regardless, I am seriously considering adding to the Cornwall VAULT thread for inquiry. IT might put myself in the device!

For once, solice is here looking at this horrible screen. Everytime I get up to move something else, I have the urge to sit back down here or stare out at the huge surf coming in!

kh

----------------

Hi Kelly:

I hope you and your wife will fare well.

As I mentioned in another post, eqipment can be replaced, and this applies to gayMD and all others, I apologize but I have let the name of who started this thread escape me. Accept my apologies.

Equipment can be replaced none of you or your loved ones can. I hope I can speak for all members when I say assistance will come out if audio equipment is lost or damaged.

Kelly, it sounds like you're seeing trauma, keep moving, let your mind go and it will prioritize what is necessary.

Make sure you let us know, all of you, that all of you are okay or if you need anything.

My prayers and best to you,

Win dodger

I was in the F5 Xenia tornado in 1974. I got to experience having a house implode on me, and being dragged/levitated 75 feet or so with what was left of the house into the street. I love to watch storm specials on T.V., but the funny thing is, they never talk about that when you're in the middle of one of these things -- the air is sucked from your lungs, and you don't get to breathe again until it's finished with you. So, you get 300+ mph winds, and nice vacuum, and then 300+ winds again. The only thought in your head is wondering what being dead is like.

Yes, it's mesmerizing -- watching the effects as the thing hunts you down.

161458W5.gif

heh...lovely. I have been near tornados spawned by hurricanes but surely no Force 5. Sound like a fun day and something to dot the i in thy daily journal. I have been through about eight or so hurricanes and after one, it gets VERY old, especially when you own things! While it was fun in school where you would surf till thrown off the beach, owning a house on the beach is enough to pull your hair out. The worst is not knowing... well, perhaps the worst is dealing with all this hell. One can always expect a manditory evacuation here.

I have been messing with prep since Friday and only have had time to sit down to this sorry computer today. When it was CATEGORY 5, the heart was a beating like an African Drum!

Dean, how long were you without oxygen to the brain again?

kh

Ahhhh....a fine sense of humor and the absurd, always this forum's strong suit. I guess this weather is literal enough for all. I shouldnt try this "on the edge" stuff with such a serious, heart wrenching subject at hand. Of course, the midwestern bent is a tough audience as well.

"Dean, how long were you without oxygen again"

"Well, kh...just long enough for your posts to make sense"

"That's a relief Dean. I thought it let you out too early"

"kh, that's an interesting idea; I knew there was a reason

I liked mudvayne."

"Dean, mudvayne would have been the fruits of at least

7 minutes in the 'no fly zone'."

"Kelly, may I recommend a gas mask for your next 72 hours?"

Etc Etc. Yep, too much to ask for. It's alway fun to leave an opening, however.

kh

ps- posted before Dean's answer (just the Lynnm retort). Dean, I dont think even mudvayne would come clean after 25 seconds. I will give more thought when the 933mb comes over my skull here

Greetings:

Ah, humour, a good thing.

Actually I thought Dean was talking about being Stupor er ah I mean Superman.

Glad you're here Dean.

Be safe Kelly and all and be safe to GaryMD and family and all in the region.

May your houses be encircled by those that protect,

May your lives be kept normal to a reasonable expext

And may you be comforted by the thoughts and feelings shown here.

Be Safe.

Win dodger

Nice to see you can retain a sense of humor in this situation. I have family in VA Beach. My thoughts are with you as well as them.

BTW, I can relate to owning things and not enjoying severe weather anymore. I used to be the guy on the front porch in a t-storm. Now, I'm up and down the cellar stairs checking for water, and wondering what will fly off or into the house, and how much it will cost when it does.15.gif

The hurricane, already weakened by a pocket of dry air, is going to slam into another large area of westerly flow and dry air, which should really diminish this thing. Leave the cornwalls and just buy an umbrella. I'm personal friends with Christina Abernathy,1.gif I wish. GOOD LUCK, hope everything turns out alright for all of you on the east coast.

BTW, if it isn't too late, I would definitely recommend the 13-ply Baltic Birch over the fir CDX for boarding-up the windows. Maybe a few applications of BLO (more if the storm stalls), and you'll be good to go. Don't forget the OOOO steel wool between coats.

fini

Kelly,

Be careful. I'll be very curious to hear your descriptions of what riding out the storm was like. Out here in California we cannot even imagine what a hurricane would be like. We all look forward to your safe return to our little cyber world.

Best Wishes,

Chris

----------------

On 9/16/2003 3:47:47 PM NOSValves wrote:

Kelly,

The way you procrastinate I would like to say now that it truly has been a learning experience and a joy to have known you
2.gif
Now get off the darn PC and get yourself and your prized possessions to high ground !

Craig

----------------

Craig, you took the words right out of my mouth ...If I would've got home earlier I would have told him.... what the hay!!! Kelly... get off the dern machine and get out of there!!!...and for gods sake...be careful..our prayers are with you and yours and if you got room thak those c-walls with you.....gc6.gif6.gif9.gif