BEST SONG TO HEAR ON UR KLIPSCHES

dtximages

"Something they like", is really the best answer. Have them bring their own material.

Rush "Moving Pictures" seems to just sound exceptional on Klipsch. I like "Witch Hunt".

Korn "Untouchables" is excellent.

Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse of Reason".

Anything by the Moody Blues, as Hayward's voice is completely magical on horns.

Of course, there are a myriad of other things.

Any tracks off the new Radiohead, but especially 'Sail to the Moon', and 'Myxamatosis'.

There are some killer tracks on the HDCD 'Mondo Head' by Kodo, a Japanese taiko drumming group.

'Long gone Day' by Mad Season.

Tool's Lateralus has many tracks, but the trio of 'Disposition', 'Reflection', 'Triad' is amazing, and it's HDCD. And the Tabla samples will give your sub a workout!

The Mars Volta's new one 'Deloused at the Comatorium' has a very 70's vibe, not nearly as dark as it sounds. Some great Latin sounding tracks that sound really nice on the Klipsches. Awesome CD.

For LaScalas...try these:

Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love"...

Kenny Loggins with Jim Messina's Sittin' In album..."House at Pooh Corner"...

Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" (Titanic theme)...

Jimi Hendrix's studio recorded "All Along the Watchtower"(I just had to throw that one in...LOL!)

Yes...Fragile...the whole album!

The Best of ELO...

Steve Miller Band... Fly Like an Eagle album...the whole thing

Norah Jone's first album

Lynyrd Skynyrd...Second Helping album...especially "They Call Me the Breeze"

James Gang, "Midnite Man"...

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young...Deja Vu...the whole album

Stephen Stills, Manassas album...the whole thing

Santana, Caravanserai album

The Who...Who's Next album

etc...etc...etc

Clapton-"Layla"-different versions back-to-back

Elton-"Crocodile Rock"

Iron Butterfly-"Inagodadavida"

Jimi Hendricks-"The Star Spangled Banner"

The Allman Bros-"Whipping Post"

Jeff Beck-"Guitar Shop"

Moody Blues-"The Afternoon" (Tuesday Afternoon)

Doobie Brothers-"Black Water"

Crosby, Stills,& Nash-"Wooden Ships"

Pink Floyd-"Speak To Me/Breathe"

SSH

1.gif

I don't know if I could actually pick a 'best' song to hear on my speakers, there are so many different types of music which all bring something else to the table, but one song that comes to mind (and that has not been listed yet), is Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Low lows and high highs, this song really comes to life on Klipsch.

----------------

On 9/30/2003 11:42:08 AM ssh wrote:

Clapton-"Layla"-different versions back-to-back

Elton-"Crocodile Rock"

Iron Butterfly-"Inagodadavida"

Jimi Hendricks-"The Star Spangled Banner"

The Allman Bros-"Whipping Post"

Jeff Beck-"Guitar Shop"

Moody Blues-"The Afternoon" (Tuesday Afternoon)

Doobie Brothers-"Black Water"

Crosby, Stills,& Nash-"Wooden Ships"

Pink Floyd-"Speak To Me/Breathe"

SSH

1.gif

----------------

I recently bought "The Best of the Doobies" on CD and playing "Black Water" I hear stuff I never heard before. This has happened a lot since I got the scott but there's some really cool instruments you just don't hear on the radio playing on that song. That, BTW, is an excellently recorded CD.

Dokken-Breaking The Chains

Ratt-Back For More

Krokus-Eat The Rich

Manowar-All Men Play On Ten

Saxon-Denim And Leather

Poison-I Want Action

Winger-Seventeen

Great White-Mista Bone

Nitro-Freight Train

King Diamond-Abigail

Motley Crue-Dr. Feelgood

Salty Dog-Come Along

Sleez Beez-Screwed, Blued & Tattooed

Roxx Gang-Too Cool For School

Buckner & Garcia-Do The Donkey Kong

Jump In The Saddle-Curley Shuffle

Rappin' Duke-The Duke Is Back(rare follow-up to Rappin' Duke

Taco-Puttin' On The Ritz

Jimmy Buffet-Cheeseburger In Paradise

I don't care what anyone says...THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC EVER TO LISTEN TO ON KLIPSCH!!!

----------------

On 9/25/2003 1:13:36 PM NormanB wrote:

Well, I enjoy Dire Straits, Allan Parsons and Tangerine Dream on my RF-35's.

----------------

Oh yeah.. Some good ol Tangerine Dream!!! I have about 8 of their CDs.

synthfreek, damn you like a lot of the same stuff I do.

I would add to this long list of suggestions, non other that David Arkenstone. THis will really bring out some good midrange in your scalas. They did in my belles.

AC/DC

Van Halen

NEW IMPROVED LIST-These are tunes of various genres that I have been pulling out to "show off" my system.

Antonio Carlos Jobim/Astrud Gilberto/Stan Getz-The Girl From Ipanema---Besides being an all-time classic this tune has a lot going for it sonically. DEEP male vocal, sexy female vocal and typically cool as ice sax from Getz.

Peace Orchestra-Peace Orchestra---One of the only albums in the electronic music genre that I consistently see dropped on big-buck systems in Stereophile. There's a good reason. One of the best bass demo discs I know of. REAL percussion that is also excellently recorded. Fantastic record from beginning to end. From one half of the awesome Viennese duo Kruder & Dorfmeister.

Michael Brook-Cobalt Blue---Sublime guitar recording with more STUPID DEEP BASS(that means good). This guy invented the so-called "infinite guitar" used by non other thatn The Edge of U2 fame. In layman's terms one can play a lick/riff and then layer more over the top creating a very hypnotic sound. This is NOT metal. It is good.

The Orb---UFOrb-All you Pink Floyd lovers should give this a spin. Alex Patterson & company do psychedelic right. Tangerine Dream meets Floyd meets the reggae/dub production of King Tubby. Underground 70's guitar guru Steve Hillage even lends a hand. If you think you would never like "techno" then this could change your mind.

Michael Hedges-Aerial Boundaries---My favorite of Michael's excellent guitar playing. Watch out...some of his records have yucky singing! This one is instrumental all the way through. If you've never heard his unorthodox style this is the one to start off with.

Muddy Waters-Folk Singer---This one is also always mentioned as "reference-quality recording" in the blues genre. Muddy, a very young Buddy Guy, Willie Dixon & Clifton James in a GREAT sounding room bearing their souls. Track 9 puts Muddy in your living room.

Mullholland Drive soundtrack-Llorando(Crying)---If this track doesn't make you just sit in awe you better get out the Q-Tips. Spanish, acapella, female vocal of the Roy Orbison hit. Rebekah Del Rio provides the drenched in reverb vocal. This whole soundtrack is typically great Angelo Badalamenti/David Lynch(plus a few others) soundtrack.

Adrian Sherwood-Never Trust A Hippy---Probably the best unknown producer in the world. Perfectly recorded on Peter Gabriel's Real World record label. Adrian has been producing mostly reggae/dub music for almost 30 years so he knows the routine. This actually has just as much of a "world music" feel than reggae/dub. This is his very first proper solo recording.

Japancakes-Belmondo---Great act from Athens, GA. Instrumentation consists of cello, drums, guitar, lap-steel guitar & bass. This makes for a VERY unique sound. Spaghetti-western(Ennio Morricone) soundtrack meets Terry Riley/Steve Recih minimalism. Trance inducing repetition(in a good way). Track 3 is awesome.

Lustmord-Metavoid---I've ranted and raved about the recordings of Brian Williams for years now. This guy is a freak! He records natural environments such as underground volcanic activity, chasms, caves & tectonic plates, etc. These UNBELIEVABLY low Hz recordings are bases for some dark and trippy ambient music. Soundtracks to a very bad dream. He actually works with the world famous soundtrack composer Graeme Revell.

Others:

Future Sound Of London-Dead Cities and Lifeforms

Higher Intelligence Agency-Freefloater

Pink Floyd-DSOTM

Sleater Kinney-All Hands On The Bad One

Shellac-At Action Park

Pete Namlook-Air I &II(I should've written about this one)

Stever Roach-Almost any of his 50+albums

Miles Davis-In A Silent Way

Marcus Roberts-Deep In The Shed

On a side note. I didn't mean to offend with my "metal list". I just thought it was funny. I will listen to anything including cheese-metal and have a blast doing it but when it comes to serious listening I'd hardly throw on Poison. If you like making fun of metal you should check out the hilarious metal-sludge.com.

mOOn,

Sure is nice to run into someone else who likes T. Dream. We are not dime a dozen fans! I started with Encore many years ago and never come across a disc I didn't like. One of my favorites is Mars Polaris. Great bass and smooth synth.

The dream remains the same...

I LOVE older Tangerine Dream especially Rubycon and Phaedra. Once the 80's hit though...geez what were they thinking?! That one album with the tiger on the front licks the tip! That is the one with the singing right? T. Dream fans should check out the Dark Side Of The Moog series by Klaus Schulze(former member) & Pete Namlook. I think there is a new disc compiling bits and pieces from all 8 cds in the series.