Everything must go!

Deang

----------------

On 10/9/2003 10:57:38 AM BigBusa wrote:

Craig if you need help finding kellys personal info let me know. I'll show you how I got all of Bclarke421's info.
2.gif

Sorry but you're on your own finding the Uzi.
9.gif

----------------

AH sorry, I don't see it. Although the post is in semi bad taste, I fail to see the threat. What I see is a tag on to Deans comment about and Uzi. Please advise if I fail to be reading between the lines.

Tom

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig, (or should I call you Mount St-Helen)

You made what I consider a somewhat vitriolic, if not viscious attack on Kelly.

Do I have to tell you that Kelly had a HUGE exposure to various amps, speakers, etc. Is English your first language? It's obviously not mine (my twisted grammar and my typos are a proof of this). But I think even with my low English skills I know how to read his posts. He usually clearly tells if it is a piece of equipment he heard, he owned, etc. or if it is an opinion.

I'll just focus on his opinion based posts.

I think the ability of Kelly to read between the lines in the reviews, in the forums, etc. allows him to "intuitively" know how a component will sound much better than you and me. He have one of the most impressive ability to pick on subtle differences. Don't worry, we often argue. I, for one, am humble enough to admit the swine is often right. Craig, ask yourself if true talent would not be in the ability of distinguishing wheat from the chaff before grinding the flour!

To top that, he also has an extensive musical knowledge, a somewhat rare thing amongst audiophiles who tend to forget that the gear is a medium to play the tune. To much loons choose the tune to show the gear. I'm still waiting from musical input from you volcano boy!

Now, since this is what seems to have ignited some strange reactions in your skull, tell me what is false in this:

But comparing SET amps is a bit different, as you might have seen if you have been reading all the posts lately. As Jeff and I said, among others, SET amplifiers REALLY DO rely more on the quality of OUTPUT iron, as well as the parts involved. The Wrights are great for the money and I think have excellent quality. But the iron and parts DO really weigh in moer with the single-ended amps, especialyl those relying on air-gapped iron. The Parafeed solution is a whole other ballgame too, but the differences in the iron's material brings BIG differences in sonics

I can't read ANY false information or invention here.

Big Busa...

Don't you have something dripping quality to sell on eBay... I don't know, didn't you want to sell your car? Just in case... dripping oil ain't dripping quality. Just for you to know, Kelly's comment toward the Eico HF-81 variations between units are absolutely true. I personally had maybe 5 or 6 here. All were really good amps. Two were particularly sublime. Of course if your reference recording is Thriller at 117 dB, well go elsewehre. Buy a Crown, you'll be happy. I must say I'm bothered enough by those not so between the line threats.

Mark, you're right on with your point there. I, for one, will not be worrying about my amplifiers or how many days I didn't spend at the office when laying on my deathbed.

I enjoy this 2-channel forum about 99.5% of the time. The remaining 0.5% it feels like a cross between nails on the blackboard and the need to lunge headfirst into the nearest foxhole.

Strange thing is that it would take very little effort to eliminate that last 0.5%.

----------------

On 10/9/2003 10:57:38 AM BigBusa wrote:

Craig if you need help finding kellys personal info let me know. I'll show you how I got all of Bclarke421's info.
2.gif

Sorry but you're on your own finding the Uzi.
9.gif

----------------

Dorothy (or are you Toto?),

PM me the info and I'll let you know if you managed to get it right this time. Don't bother with Hotmail, as for some reason I'm unable to check it from work.

Allan the uzi comment was a joke. Relax man. Oh yea, I'm only 20 posts behind you! You better get crackin'!

Kelly you're being wishy-washy again. You said ...

"One thing I will say upfront. Putting private business matters on a public forum is WRONG and should not EVER happen. This should be kept in personal mail, or by phone."

Which is fine and you're entitled to that opinion. But then in the next few sentences you go on to say ...

"I did Craig's website, company name, and logo. I penned his online presence via NOSValves.com. This latest deal with MagneQuest was asked as a favor, since I had been doing their website since the late 90s. The fact that ANY kind of arrangement was made public via this forum is incomprehensible."

If that isn't hypocritical wishy-washiness I don't know what is!? You say personal business should never be talked about on a public forum and then you go on to talk about personal business on this public forum! Your credibility and reputation is failing you quickly IMO.

And ...just so you know I have only one name here at klipsch.com ...that is BigBusa. Please don't go saying that I have more than one and should be banned for it. If you see me posting with another name here please alert the moderators ...and tell your mommy too.2.gif

Craig,

Your pattern of behavior truly borders on the need for some serious "Professional HELP". You hawk your business through this forum with no shame. You have so many times tried to pretend you knew something about equipment you didn't have a clue about. You failed to mention all the assistance Kelly has provided you to get your business started inspite of your very nasty attitude. On the other hand, I've always found Kelly willing to provide "assistance" to help anyone, including myself make better decisions about audido equipment purchases. He does not then ask that you send the equipment and contribution to him after either. You've seldom displayed any class or grace toward others whose opinion differs from yours. You always think you're being picked on and therefore must defend yourself with name calling and proclaiming you're just telling it like it is. The next thing I know, you'll be playing with ball bearings in your hand and mumbling about the missing strawberries.

For those who think those are admirable qualities in you, I reserve their right to choose who they stand with. Personnaly, you leave little ground for any respect from me, especially considering I've been a recipient of your pathetic poison pen attempts for no other reason than having a different opinion and frame of reference. The kind of crap you spew is one of the reasons I seldom post here anymore. It's time for you to grow up or move on. JMHO!

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 10/9/2003 1:46:00 PM BigBusa complained that Kelly wrote:

{snip}

"I did Craig's website, company name, and logo. I penned his online presence via NOSValves.com. This latest deal with MagneQuest was asked as a favor, since I had been doing their website since the late 90s. The fact that ANY kind of arrangement was made public via this forum is incomprehensible."

Then BigBusa opined:

If that isn't hypocritical wishy-washiness I don't know what is!? You say personal business should never be talked about on a public forum and then you go on to talk about personal business on this public forum! Your credibility and reputation is failing you quickly IMO.

{snip}

----------------

Two comments:

1. It is no secret Kelly did Craig's website. Craig asked Kelly to make some changes/corrections right here in the 2 channel forum.

2. Craig brought the business subject up in this thread, Kelly is entitled to respond.

Okay,

Now that most of the nay sayers have voiced in that will !

I thought real hard before I brought this latest business stabing I took from Kelly up on a public forum. The reason I did it is to prove just how full of sh!t this guy really is !! If this is how he conducts business then why would he not be misleading elsewhere ? I won't go through the other things that I could bring up because its not the place ! I was just trying to put my opinion in perspective !

Jeff,

Now, since this is what seems to have ignited some strange reactions in your skull, tell me what is false in this:

But comparing SET amps is a bit different, as you might have seen if you have been reading all the posts lately. As Jeff and I said, among others, SET amplifiers REALLY DO rely more on the quality of OUTPUT iron, as well as the parts involved. The Wrights are great for the money and I think have excellent quality. But the iron and parts DO really weigh in moer with the single-ended amps, especialyl those relying on air-gapped iron. The Parafeed solution is a whole other ballgame too, but the differences in the iron's material brings BIG differences in sonics

I believe I said that all the above statements maybe true I wasn't contesting there truths I was contesting that Kelly has no personal experience to varify whether they are true !! Hearing your amps or anyone elses in any other system then his own and comparing them to his amps at his house with his source and speakers is hardly a qualified way to say what made what sound better ! Especially when Vino is involved Heh !!

I have one question for you ... How long have you known Kelly ?? Please answer this.

Just to make things absolutely clear. I give Kelly credit for being articulate and a great web designer !! But I give him almost zero credit for the success of my business !

I also think I have just about completely quit doing any trumpeting of my business on the forum since I recieved a few complaints to that effect. If I have then show where lately where I brought it up ?? In fact when someone asked what amp they should get I avoid jumping in to the fray ! Besides I don't really need to my site is getting near 20K hits a month. Which can not really be credited to Kelly since I listed it with the search engines !

Craig

----------------

On 10/9/2003 7:30:49 PM NOSValves wrote:

I thought real hard before I brought this latest business stabing I took from Kelly up on a public forum. The reason I did it is to prove just how full of sh!t this guy really is !! Craig

----------------

Craig, I've enjoyed working with you in the past, and hopefully we will in the future. I'm worried though at the logic chain of why you'd say what you're saying.

Did he help you? (Most likely, "Yes")

Is he involved with your business as a supplier to you? (Yes)

Has he been a help to you? (Most likely, "Yes")

It would appear that you've made a conscious decision to flush this relationship down the potty altogether. Why? This seems to be the classic example of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater ..."

Is this really your intention???

You doinkhead. It's time to chill. If it wasn't for Kelly you wouldn't have a site. You know the loon practically arm-barred you into the idea. O.K., not the smoothest business relationship, but at least you two haven't taken a mob contract out on each other.

I told you it would have been better to call him on the phone and cuss him out, and at least give him a chance to explain. All this does is make people feel like they should take a side. It's divisive. You could have taken the offensive without bringing up the business aspect. Something else that bugged me this morning was that you were quick to take Mike's word that he hadn't talked to Kelly -- but you really don't know. For all you know, Mike could be covering his arse.

I say if you think Kelly is full of it, then just say he's full of it. If someone else thinks he's full of it, then the same goes for them. We all drive each other crazy around here sometimes, but man, we are better than this. None of this is irreparable. You aren't going to like this, but you need to apologize, and then call him up and have it out. You guys are either doing business or you aren't -- if not -- burn the bridge. I really like you Craig, I think you're a stand up guy -- but you gotta start biting your lip.

And Edmond, you especially are above some of this. For crying out loud, you of all people should be setting an example for proper behavior, not caving in to emotion.

There -- I feel better.

Dean,

I feel everything I said was very reserved, but true. Craig has demonstrated a tendency to lash out vehemently. Most of the time for very little reason. I, for one, am quite tired of his sick rants period. Remember, my request was a simple one, Grow up, or move on.

BTW, I'll bet Craig probably did not pay Kelly a dime for what he wanted him to do. Dean, I've done my best to avoid any contact with Craig in this forum over the last months since his last name calling spree on me, and believe me, I will generally do so in the future. He may be your friend, bit I think he sucks. As someone used to say each night,

"That the was it was, this October 9, 2003."

Klipsch out.

Jazzman for your information just to get this absolutely clear I was quoted $500 to $700 for a complete site from Kelly and he was paid on the high side of that quote. You can hardly call it a complete site ! I'm not saying I did not get my moneys worth but you have went to far my friend Kelly was paid completely ! I do not expect or think it would be proper to expect anyone to work for free or even at a reduced rate !

If you think Kelly did this for a favor your sadly mistaken. First off it was never his idea I approached him to see if he would be interested. Everyone is giving credit where it is absolutely not do !! This business was 100% my idea Kelly had nothing to do with it except being Professionally hired to do a job. I made the mistake of letting him point me to my Website name I'm sure I'll never hear the end of that. I'm sure he is the major determining factor to the success of DIYCable and Magnaquest also ! You could have the best website on earth but if your work and customer service is for the dogs you will not last long in any business I learned this long ago !

What I did mention about are affairs was just a personally favor it was not my Idea for him to put my amps on the Magna Quest site it was 100% Kelly trying to drum up some business from Mike would be my guess hell I don't know. Me mentioning this problem I had with Kelly isn't really business anyway I didn't hire him I aked him to simply intro me to Mike ! He dicided he would negotiate and led me to believe he was then I find out he hasn't said a word or even spoken to Mike in months ! All this while telling me he was !

Dean,

Do you actually think Kelly is the only webmasters out there Please !! They are on every corner and most are starving and working for next to nothing !! Although Kelly is probably one of the best Audio related web designers