Damn Yankees

3dzapper

----------------

On 10/16/2003 11:28:51 PM m00n wrote:

This will be a good world series though...

----------------

....I'm going to have to disagree with that one... Every year it's always the damn Yankees vs. some other team... I think it's about time someone else was given a chance. (Basically, it's just like tennis... it's always the Williams sisters.)

I think it has the potential for being a great series. The Marlins really put it together this post-season, beginning with their enbarrasment of MY Giants. We were supposed to win handily.

Ivan Rodriguez will be the series MVP. I hate him. I wish he were on MY team...(No offense, Benito. Pun intended.)

fini

I don't like the Yankees either, but I have to place the blame on the coach. Stupid sentimentality in letting Pedro continue to pitch cost them the series. Early in the game, my wife and I were saying-- Well, hopefully the coach watched the Cubs last night. Dusty Baker left Wood in too long--- That probably cost the Cubbies the NLCS.

The same thing happened with the RS's Bill Buckner in '86. The guy was a gimp, but everyone liked him, so the coach let him play. A Mookie Wilson groundball, my mother-in-law could have fielded, went thru his legs and they ended up losing the WS.

FOX is gonna be the big loser. Nobody except the Yankees/Marlins fans is going to watch this series. Had it been Red Sox/Cubs, a lot of non-baseball fans would have tuned in for that historical game.

The Marlins averaged 17,000 people in the stands this year. Everyone after 97 thought they might suck for years. Good for the team, terrible for the non loyal fans!! I am in south Florida, and it is a Yawn...No one cares!!! Football is the game down here.

The Yankees are once again (6 times in the last 8 years) proving with great coaching, and money... you can buy your way into the finals.

I feel sorry for both the Cubs and Red Socks. They Almost made it to the big dance....so close.... As a Cubs fan, this one really hurt too. Maybe with this nucleus of tallent, we might get back again. I am just thankful it was not me in the left feild stands who goofed it for the team. I would hate to know my actions might have cost my team the game!!

Fini!!! Your a Giants Fan!?! Now I know what has driven you to the brink of insanity.He he he he 2.gif . Just kidding. Sorry boys and girls but I'm a Yankee fan. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hate me all you want even though I'm not into baseball as much as football.With that said I kind of wanted the Red Sox to win the series since they have been praying for a winning team for so many years and I felt sorry for the Boston fans after the game last night. However I got hooked on the Yankees ever since the first time my Dad had taken me to the House that Ruth Built to watch Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Whitey Ford play.

We used to get seats pretty close to the dugout and home plate so I could see these superstars carrying on conversations with each other . It was pretty cool.They looked like they were having a fun time and the fans enjoyed every minute of it while chowing down on the staduim's famous hot dogs. Speaking of dogs, I think this old one will me moving on. Later BBB

Hello:

Agree with leaving Pedro in too long, but he was pitching with a fastball that was faster than in the start, but he should have been pulled.

A Cubs vs Red Sox would have brought me to watch it. I hope the Marlins take it because I get tired of the same thing - a team owned by a shipbuilder with too much money and a lack of sense to let the professionals he hired play and run the team.

If I had a choice of watching a Yankee game or listen to Bose - find some sweet spot in the Bose - I'll be sitting there.

With this I apologize to any true New Yorker in the Yakee Organization, I don't think there will be offense there, if you love the Yankees everybody has their own taste and opinion.

Win dodger

Damn Yankees, a great '80s group, with Ted Nugent, Jack Blades (Night Ranger), and Tommy Shaw (STYX). I still wish they were making music.

Oh, THOSE Yankees. Um, yeah, shame about the Sox. I agree, manager should have pulled Pedro after the 7th. But I don't get to make that decision. Now I'll pull for the Fish.

After the Cubs and the Marlins . . .

I'll be happy if the Yankees win just as revenge on the Marlins.

If the Marlins win, it will show they were a darn good team and so beating the Cubs was not such a disgrace.

In any event, at least I will not have to see the Cubs get beaten any more . . . until next year.

Gil