What about a 4 Sale Forum ---

SCOOTERDOG

If any of the moderators could address this for me.

It seems like lately I have seen more items for sale from my fellow forum members. It would be nice if we could have an area dedicated to just that. Just like home theater, 2 channel etc. This would give us all quicker access to item that may be of interest to us. I know there are a lot of us that post our speakers, amps and anything else related to or home systems. And we always give first choice here then on a site like an eBay. We all have a very good idea of what most things sell for anyway. What does everyone else think of this...Good Idea or Bad?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/12/2003 8:29:25 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

If any of the moderators could address this for me.

It seems like lately I have seen more items for sale from my fellow forum members. It would be nice if we could have an area dedicated to just that. Just like home theater, 2 channel etc. This would give us all quicker access to item that may be of interest to us. I know there are a lot of us that post our speakers, amps and anything else related to or home systems. And we always give first choice here then on a site like an eBay. We all have a very good idea of what most things sell for anyway. What does everyone else think of this...Good Idea or Bad?

----------------

Scooterbug,

I second the motion, GREAT IDEA!!!

With all that goes on here on the forum, helping each other buying and selling, recomending purchases ect, a items for sale option would make perfect sense and would establish this forum in a unique and user friendly way.

Smilin

Great thought Scooterbug!!

Hello:

Another vote for a "For Sale" section in the Forum.

If liability issues are a concern, the wording displayed in the Private Message section could be used and amended to all claims are made by the owner of the equipment. Klipsch neither verifies the truthfulness of such claims nor are the sales and any profits or lack of profits supported be Klipsch. This is a non-moderated, non portion of the Klipsch Company. All claims and descriptions are the responsibility of the person posting the article(s) for sale. Klipsch will not act as an arbitrator, or an enforcement arm of any items noted for sale.

I am not an Attorney.

Win dodger

One of the values of this site is that we are introduced to information that sophisticates us as audiophiles-however unsophisticated some of us may be. Sometimes that means digging into our wallets to please our ears.My systems and quality of life have improved with purchases of music,equipment,and services both suggested,and offered,here. Those thousands of dollars have been put in the hands of other Klipsch fans (& businesses selling me six new Klipsch speakers) who perpetuate the Klipsch legacy.

Moderators, your customers are asking for a service that promotes your business.

SSH 1.gif

Although I second the motion, as a way to keep the General Questions forum more organized, this topic HAS come up from time to time, as has every other subject of audio discussion. The official answer from the powers that be at this forum is a polite, but firm, no. They do NOT want the maintenance, expense and liability when other sites already other the same service.

We are free to offer our own equipment for sale here. We are free to post Alerts when eBay finds something that meets our search criteria. But Klipsch does NOT want to be the middle-man in a used product exchange.

5.gif

I'm with Colin in some way, and let me give a strong "NO, HECK NO" for his stated or implied reasons. Plus a few others.

I do see that the ARRL (ham radio) organization has a subsite for selling. It is not an auction though; more like want ads in the paper. Much of action for that gear is sold at ham fests, or like any other electronic gear is on e-Bay, anyway.

Klipsch, Inc, and we people here, have little to gain by a small auction site.

It may be that we very honest and generous fellows could get together in a "trading post". Wishfull thinking. What does go on is working well enough. No need to expand. Certainly no need to create a target.

Any site here would certainly be invaded by others. In a few hours wheelers and dealers of all stripes would flood the place.

We've seen a little bit of this in the past. Some unknowns popped up with a not well disguised commercial proposition.

Thumbs down. Smile,

Gil