The Police "Can you turn that down?"

PKuziel

Went to my friends house last night about 6pm. So while we were working on his addition we had some Johnny Winter cranking on his set of Chorus II's. No problems but as soon as we put in some George Clinton and the Parlament of Funkadelic the Police show up. They asked us to turn it down because it was bothering the neighbor which lives over 60 feet to the left of my friends house. I swear I couldnt even really hear it outside the house. So we oblige the officer. Later the neighbor had the balls to come over and say that the Johnny Winter was fine but the "Black" music had to go! Holy jumpin Jesus I thought my buddy was going to kill him. I have heard about people complaining of music being too loud but complaining of the genere of music?!?!?!

Anyone experiance crazy things like this?

I would have keyed up some fiddi (50) cent and faced my La Scala's towards him. If he is gonna complain about LOUD! I am gonna give him 124db's worth! That is pretty ridiculuos and one of the primary reason I intend on purchasing a home that is no where near anyone that can ***** about how loud I have my system or what the hell I decide I want to hear.

Two comments...

He's probably just jealous that your stereo sounds better coming through both houses' walls than his does in his own living room.

I have a neighbor that just loves classical music. It doesn't matter how loud I play it, windows open or not, he says nothing. However, let me put on DSOTM, and I can almost count the seconds till he's over politly tapping on the door asking if I could "Just turn it down a tad?"

All depends on what his preferances are.

• Klipsch Employees

I kind of had the same problem... so to help I got a pr of La Scalas to go with my 3 Cornwalls, KSM2, KP-262,kp-102,Khorn sub, Jubliee sub, and 5000 watts of QSC power. In the center set it can reach about 130db, outside 20 ft away, about 100db.

NOW I CANT HEAR THEM COMPLAIN....11.gif

----------------

On 11/24/2003 11:11:49 PM trey cannon wrote:

I kind of had the same problem... so to help I got a pr of La Scalas to go with my 3 Cornwalls, KSM2, KP-262,kp-102,Khorn sub, Jubliee sub, and 5000 watts of QSC power. In the center set it can reach about 130db, outside 20 ft away, about 100db.

NOW I CANT HEAR THEM COMPLAIN....
11.gif

----------------

The Klipsch Police versus the State Police!?!

My god. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

I have this obnoxious "audiophile" neighbor who comes over to complain because my interconnects are coloring the music, or because I'm using rebranded RCA 12AX7's instead of NOS Tele's, or because I'm playing a reissue instead of an original Blue Note pressing.

fini

Sounds like a good time to find the most annoying song to play over n over... hmm so many come to mind..LOL This just might do it too.

Old school "The Cronic" The origional "in your face" rap song that started it all. Or maybe something like Public Enemy too, to todays Eminem's "Will the real Slim Shadey please stand up?" hahahaa Over, n over, n over, again...

2LiveCrews "hey... we want some Pu***" might be a little much.. hahahahaha

Be careful, this is always an old argument back n forth over time. Ususally older persons verses youngers music style and volumes. Makes me laugh about my own past in college.. My dorm room had what was a phone box at that time, shared by the next room to me with a guy with JBL's and he loved "The Who"... Especially at 2 AM after a good drunk buzz.. I opened up my box and his as he was in his normal drunk stupor...he was naked with his girlfriend after coming home from the local bar.. she was on top ooooing and aweing too... both of em like banshees. I am not sure if I was a voyer or they were exibitionists... So rather stand and gawk I closed the door only to hear them for about 1/4 of the way of the song...and let them fall asleep.

Later... (the box was almost 2 feet high by 1 feet wide...) I positioned my Heresey close to the opening edge...I opend my side up and his too..as they were asleep. And I played phill collins "In the air tonight" just before the drum solo...cranked it up really good, and knowing they were both still drunk and semi asleep then turned it off and laughed. He fell out of his loft...she was laughing at him.. She said, "Serves you right"!!!

At 3 am on a wednesday night...on a dorm floor it was dead silence... It shook our whole floor. Also shook the one above us and below too. ( I was 9 floors up) Just the drum part...barely could hear him go, "Whoa SH**" in his drunken haze.... Needless to say he never cranked teanage wasteland...again.. (I know it is called something else, but most people know it as this..) Amazing what a pair of Cornwalls and Heresy's in a tiny dorm room will do cranked up with ONLY 55 or so watts!!! LOL!

Funny part is, they got married. I saw them a few years ago, he is now fat, balding, and she looked like she had never stopped their hard life of going out partying. A lot of smoking and drinking will do that to you I guess. They were, however, 20 yrs later funny and very nice to me. We had a good laugh about remembering this story and she said she loves Phil Collins still. And good for Klipsch too. He bought some Klipsch speakers after college.