New York vs. Los Angeles

KAiN5 (banned )

While you're considering cities in America, don't forget Chicago. I'll assume this is something you or a friend is contemplating.

Seriously, it is difficult to predict which school anyone will feel most comfortable in. It depends very much on who you'll meet and be dealing with. For example, you may feel comfortable with a school with many other foreign students. It is something to consider.

For example, I lived on the IIT campus for two and a half years. There was a mix of students from the mid-East. Everyone had company from their home countries. On the other hand, there were some rare cases of friction. Not American versus foreign, but folks from nearby countries back in the East.

Another issue may be weather. If you've grown up in warm weather, winters in the northern parts of the U.S. can be a challenge.

If you have the time and money, you should visit the cities and schools before you sign up. At least you'll know what you're getting into. Do visit in winter while school in in session so you see the set up.

If you, or any other person, get to Chicago, I'd be happy to show you around.

Best,

Gil

Right on Moon!

You too Kev...

Someone is hoping that we forget things rather quickly....

Just what we need, more foreign nationals in our educational system...

They come over here, buy up good looking girls with their disposable cash, fast cars and expensive gifts (which is of course American money that is comming back to the US after it went to the Middle East for petroleum), turn them every which way but loose, then go home and call all American women whores.

This doesn't take into account the training in advanced topics like computers, bio medical research and chemical research that they take back with them to, ummmmm help their countries develop.

----------------

On 12/1/2003 7:06:07 AM KAiN5 wrote:

If you can't contribute something useful, DON'T POST.

----------------

Because you burnt my *** too many times. I befriended you, I stood up for you, I gave you the benifit of the doubt numerous times only to have you come back over and over to post your anti american posts. Now kain, it's my turn to burn your ***.

Hell dude, I even helped you get your access back on this forum after you got banned. You still came back with your junk...

OK, Dumb a$$ question....How the heck does kain64487 keep getting back on this forum?

Moon, I remember when you went to bat for him, couldn't quite figure out why, but I'm glad you figured him out.

kain...if you do come to America, may I suggest something you may really enjoy? Find a Toby Keith concert, preferably here in Texas, or his home State of Oklahoma, and stand out front spouting your opinions. I'm sure more than a few fans will show you the "American Way", courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

Hello Kain - several US properties I could suggest - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba is beautiful year round, The area around Leavenworth, Kansas is worth a few years visit, there is a splendid island in the San Francisco Bay that I wouldn't miss if I was you and a stay in the States would be lacking if you didn't spend some time at a wonderful little community near Marion, Illinois.

Good luck in your search...

I went to school in Troy NY (Rensselaer). I *HATED* it because 2/3 of the school year was cold, wet, miserable trudging through snow early in the morning to classes in overheated, poorly ventilated old buildings.

If I had it to do over again, I would not even consider going to school anyplace other than southern California, Florida, or other warm, inviting, comfortable climates.

School is hard enough without making yourself miserable at the same time. Unnecessarily.

----------------

On 12/2/2003 10:38:46 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

I went to school in Troy NY (Rensselaer). I *HATED* it because 2/3 of the school year was cold, wet, miserable trudging through snow early in the morning to classes in overheated, poorly ventilated old buildings.

If I had it to do over again, I would not even consider going to school anyplace other than southern California, Florida, or other warm, inviting, comfortable climates.

School is hard enough without making yourself miserable at the same time. Unnecessarily.

----------------

Kinda sounded like my 4 year stay up at Clarion, PA (Clarion U of PA). I swear to God, if it was not raining, it was snowing. And if it was not snowing, it was freakin raining! If you are lucky, you just might get a couple of days of sunshine in, usually at the very beginning of the fall semester, or at the end of the spring semester.