The Happiness Log

sheltie dave

When I was in the Navy(never again volunteer yourself!) we kept a happiness log to record things that we missed in the real world, things we hated about the pigboat, and things we did to keep our sanity intact or shattered. The log entries always started with "Happiness is..."

In honor of friends current, lost, and in memory, I would like to fire up a new Happiness Log.

Happiness is... having FEDEX finally deliver 10 NOS Telefunken ECC82s (12ax7s) to the crack house next door rather than to me signature required, after 5 pm delivery, as I put on the package THREE WEEKS ago in Seattle. One of the guys, in a nod, brought the opened box over to me in the street because we have a "cool Lassie." When asked what they were, I told him TNT igniters6.gif Thank God for lack of perceived value!

Happiness is...a wonderful first cupa joe in the morning. Deep, dark, and black, with smokey tendrils of steam rising in ribbons.

Happiness is...a sleepy baby snuggling in your arms and drifting into slumber as you sing "Puff the Magic Dragon" as your mom used to do for you1.gif1.gif1.gif

Happiness is...When said sleepy baby wakes at 4 am screaming, you role over and the wife says "Its OK - I'll go."

Actually let me add a real life one:

Watching cartoons the other night with my daughter (approaching 20 months now). Bugs bunny held at gun point by Elmer Fudd. Bugs is panicking when my daughter blurts out "No. Not the rabbit!" In something of a panic herself. You will be relieved to know that bugs got away safely.

Oh - if you are wondering about the joy in the above it is simply watching her growing understanding of the world around her.

Happiness is my son waking me up a 5:30am on Sunday saying "Dad, let's go get coffee and bagels".

Happiness is a perfectly struck, down the line, topspin backhand for a winner (Aces are pretty cool too.).

Happiness is taking a nap on Sunday afternoon while listening to KUSC on the Wave Radio.

Happiness is when my daughter comes home from school and wants to sit next to me while out to dinner.

Happiness is skipping all the PP vs SET threads.

Happiness is playing a great sounding record for someone and watching their mouth hang open.

Happiness is when my wife laughs (except during sex).

Gee, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Chris

Happiness is having your fishing reel start singing to you when a lunker grabs ahold after hours of trolling. It makes all thoses thousands of dollars sent to catch that one grouper seem worth while. So what if 2 lbs at $11 per woulld feed the family and is cheaper than the gas you spent.

The peace and tranquility can not be replaced. Not to mention the tan you get.

TRHe sound of great tunes on the truck stereo on your 1 hour ride to work.

Happiness is not raising an infant next to a crack house(I hope you are kidding)

Happiness is laughing when your infant asks why pete the puma has got bumps on his head after bugs whacks him with a hammer!(modern politically correct cartoons do not show the result of violence like the classics!)

Happiness is coming home and having your Daughter screaming "Daddy,Daddy!"

Happiness is hearing the sound of your yet to be born childs heartbeat (Our second child is due in May).

Happiness is realizing that Audio is just a hobby,not a religion.

Great topic Dave, couldn't have come of a better time of year.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

Happiness is when your kids are finally old enough that you can sleep as late as you like.

Happiness is when your 20 year old son comes home from college and spends the weekend with you and your gear and really appreciates what you've done to your system(s) since his last visit and instead of going out with his friends on Saturday night, insists on staying home and watching The Two Towers with you on the HT.

Guest Anonymous

Happiness is a vacation with the family where there is no fighting, no tension, just barrels of laughs, walking, talking, holding hands, hugging, kissing,going on rides and knowing that this is what my life is really all about.

Happiness is building a fantastic open and meaningful relationship with my soon to be 12 year old going on 18 daughter, and really talking about my daughter and I on our vacation last week!

Happiness would be if my wife and daughter would accept my love of bass and the big bad subwoofer I just bought(ok 2500 watt K2 and 4 12" drivers in a 190lb beast)may be a bit much for them, BUT I LOVE IT!

Smilin3.gif

Happiness is my wife, our 4 year old daughter, our 11 yr old yellow lab and myself all falling asleep in the bed on a Sunday afternoon as we watch Nemo for the 147th time.

Happiness is getting that 5 lb kicker you needed on what you knew had to be your last cast or you'd be late for weigh in.

Happiness is being with family for the Holidays when the rest of the year they are spread from coast to coast.

I've noticed a common theme running through this thread... Family. At the end of the day, it's truly the people in our lives that make it worth living.

Happy Holidays to one and all.

Audio is not a religion, big ole horns are!

Happiness is sitting on the porch in the cool night air, listening to Patricia Barber on the big ole horns with the wind tickling the chimes, rubbing little miss sensitive ears feet and she says lets go inside to finish the deed!

3.gif