Explain what your user name means:

kenratboy

I have been in Radiology and Imaging for my entire career. I used to work on trauma patients a lot and Norcuron is a drug administered to trauma patients on a regular basis. It paralyzes the patient to the extent that they cannot even breathe on their own. They are not able to move a single muscle in their body. The scary thing is that they are totally alert, so they can see but not move or breathe on their own. Anyways, I always have thought this was a neat drug. We would then have to put the patient on a ventilator and give them other medications to help with pain etc.

Mark

----------------

On 2/7/2004 12:17:45 AM gpbusa wrote:

The "gp" is for Grand Prairie... where I live. And the "busa" is short for Hayabusa... A slightly fast Suzuki sportbike that I ride whenever I get a chance.

----------------

And I thought BigBusa was coming back to haunt us.11.gif

I've been away for ages, nice to see a lot of familar names!  Cool to see what they mean.

Mine is simply a nickname given to me as a fraternity pledge in college.  They started with Eiffel (as in the tower) since I'm quite tall at 6'7".  That was universally seen to be a lame nickname, so Tripod was born during a night of youthful exuberance.

Yay, I used a big word!

----------------

On 2/7/2004 5:49:19 PM tripod wrote:

I've been away for ages, nice to see a lot of familar names! Cool to see what they mean.

Mine is simply a nickname given to me as a fraternity pledge in college. They started with Eiffel (as in the tower) since I'm quite tall at 6'7". That was universally seen to be a lame nickname, so Tripod was born during a night of youthful exuberance.

Yay, I used a big word!
----------------

If I am thinking it means what it means 6.gif

----------------

And the "busa" is short for Hayabusa... A slightly fast Suzuki sportbike that I ride whenever I get a chance.

----------------

You own a hayabusa? Can I be your new best friend? How's it feel to go from 0-60 in what, 3.3 seconds?

----------------

On 2/8/2004 1:02:02 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

And the "busa" is short for Hayabusa... A slightly fast Suzuki sportbike that I ride whenever I get a chance.

----------------

You own a hayabusa? Can I be your new best friend? How's it feel to go from 0-60 in what, 3.3 seconds?

----------------

It feels amazing... You just have to make sure you don't flip it over backward while trying. Actually 0-108 is the most fun (all the way through 2nd gear) in around 6.5 seconds. And lets just say it keeps going from there. I dynoed mine about a year after I bought it, and in completely stock form it made 156 HP (@9600 rpm) and 97 lb-ft of torque (@7000 rpm) at the back tire. I've been riding for almost 25 years, and this motorcycle continues to put a big grin on my face.

I'm so envious of you. If I was to get one bike, that would be it. With that speed and off-the-line acceleration, you essentially know what it's like to ride in a Lamborghini Murcielago or the new Ford GT. But it's better because on a bike, you feel that raw, untamed, monstrously ultimate power between you legs...

• 2 weeks later...