Explain what your user name means:

kenratboy

After growing up listening to the fabulous K-horns, and finally deciding they were the only speakers for me, only to be shot down by the large lump-sum required to purchase a set. I just thought I'd been totally eklipsched. But now, thanks to one of this BB's members, I have the plans on a disc, plus the original SL plans, plus the constant hints and tips of other members. I'm in the tedious and time-consuming process of building my first finished set. I built a prototype set, using MDF, just to get the gist of the work involved, and how precise the cuts must be. I realize that when finished, I won't have an original PWK set, but without a real close inspection, I don't think the average listener would notice. I also realize that I will still have invested about what a factory set would cost, but can spread the expense out over time, and gain the satisfaction of knowing that I built them myself to boot. Incidently, I veneered the MDF prototypes, and loaded them with drivers, horns, and crossovers, just for kicks 1.gif , and have been offered a tidy sum for them. I most likely will not sell them, as I don't really need the money, and they're just sort of a cool thing to have laying around the shop. By the way, my BB name has nothing to do with my real name.....David

The first internet forum I belonged to was one of the Porsche forums. I've owned a 1989 928S4 for about 8 years now. I still think it's one of the all time great cars ever built. It's too bad mine sits around so much of the time unused though. My wife says it's time to sell it, but I'm having a hard time letting go.

Easier just to have the same name for the four forums that I occasionally go to.

Greg

Fish,

That's cool. I've owned 2 'Cuda's and a Barracuda.

'64 1st year My second car I owned. Had from '67-70

'70 440 six-pac wish I still had. Wrecked it twice as I was young and in the military. Paid $4613 out the door new.

'73 340 'Cuda had to get because 440 too much for my young and wild ways.

Now own a '95 Tran Am

hoggy

• 2 weeks later...

"jt1stcav"...

"jt" is nothing more than my initials to my name (see my sig below).

"1stcav" refers to the 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, TX; the Army unit I was assigned to between '81 to '83.

"First Team Always"....uuurrrraaahhhhhhhhh!!16.gif

Hey JT, 3rd Cav here...since you did you're accolade I'll do mine:

"Brave Rifles...Aieeyah"

Anyway's, my name is Frank Carter but my family and friends have called me Frankie since I was small. When I was in the Army I had a ring that was a gift from my parents that had an "F" on it. When I was helping a new soldier in-process he asked what the "F" stood for and I jokingly said fabulous. I was busy doing something else and forgot to actually tell him my name. From then on he kept calling me fabulous, a few of my friends heard him and starting calling me Fabulous Frankie. When I was joining the BB the name came to mind so I thought why not.

Majorluck4:

"Major" = Major Pain in the butt...at least my friends think I am. 3.gif

"Luck" = Because I am so lucky to have a wonderful wife, who will put up with all my crazy antics. I know it is cheesy but she makes me so Happy!!!9.gif

"4" = because I started out with Majorluck on AIM, email, and other things but I wanted to change things up so I added a 4 at the end.10.gif

Al Klappenberger really is my name, REALLY!

Or then again myabe "Al" is the little bird with the 360 degree kneck and Clapping-berger is a applauding hamberger! Blame it on my father. I didn't have much choice in the matter!

3.gif

Al K.

P.S.. We need another thread like this to explain our avatars! Mine is a furnace air filter. Filters... get it? It's actually the screen icon for my filter software package PCFILT.

----------------

On 1/21/2004 6:48:13 PM Al Klappenberger wrote:

Al Klappenberger really is my name, REALLY!

Or then again myabe "Al" is the little bird with the 360 degree kneck and Clapping-berger is a applauding hamberger! Blame it on my father. I didn't have much choice in the matter!

3.gif

Al K.

P.S.. We need another thread like this to explain our avatars! Mine is a furnace air filter. Filters... get it? It's actually the screen icon for my filter software package PCFILT.
----------------

Al, that is a good idea for a new thread on meaning of Avatars. I'd wondered about your avatar, but just thought it was a CAD of one of your designs.6.gif

Should be a long lived thread, too, since some users change avatars every few weeks.

----------------

On 1/21/2004 1:26:32 PM Majorluck4 wrote:

Majorluck4:

"Luck" = Because I am so lucky to have a wonderful wife, who will put up with all my crazy antics. I know it is cheesy but she makes me so Happy!!!
9.gif

----------------

Oozing with cheeze. 2.gif

My wife does not have a choice in the matter.11.gif Now watch, this will be the one thread she happens to read.12.gif