The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners...

Deang

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"More folks die (by over - get this - hundred and fifty fold) in accidents with guns loaded and accessable for self defense than do as the result of someone legitimately using their gun for self defense".

Geesh folks - doesn't that tell us something?

EDIT - his is from data that was collected by the FBI from police departments for 1998 - 2000.

How is this possible? Neither the FBI nor any local police department has statistics relating to firearms used in self defense!

It sounds exactly like it is straight from the VPC web site or pamphlet!

Think about it, 150 fold?

It has been estimated that firearms are used up to 2 million times a year for legitimate self defense. Let say that is as exaggeration and it is only 1% of the estimate. You would not need a degree from MIT to see that 150 fold of 1% of 2,000,000 aint so!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our main agenda is to have ALL guns banned. We must use whatever means possible. It does not matter if you have to distort the facts or even lie. Sara Brady Handgun Control, Inc. (The National Educator, January, 1994)

I keep this article framed on my wall to remind me of the lengths people will go to deprive me of my Constitutional Rights.

The difference between a Liberal and a Conservative? Well a conservative is a liberal that just got mugged! I find it odd that all these "celebrities" who advocate gun bans surround themselves with ARMED bodyguards. I am probally about as conservative as you can get so you know my positions on firearms. One thing that I believe that NOT mentioned in any of the posts above is the fact that more people die each year from alcohol related accidents ie. drunk driving. Now if that is true why don't we BAN ALCOHOL?!

----------------

On 1/5/2004 7:27:23 AM gunman45 wrote:

How is this possible? Neither the FBI nor any local police department has statistics relating to firearms used in self defense!

It sounds exactly like it is straight from the VPC web site or pamphlet!

Think about it, 150 fold?

It has been estimated that firearms are used up to 2 million times a year for “legitimate self defense”. Let say that is as exaggeration and it is only 1% of the estimate. You would not need a degree from MIT to see that “150 fold” of 1% of 2,000,000 “ain’t so”!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Our main agenda is to have ALL guns banned. We must use whatever means possible. It does not matter if you have to distort the facts or even lie.” – Sara Brady –Handgun Control, Inc. (The National Educator, January, 1994)

I keep this article framed on my wall to remind me of the lengths people will go to deprive me of my Constitutional Rights.

----------------

After this, if I stay in this thread, I'll go with the humor flow.

I asked that you research and not throw out propoganda. While I will admit to flaws in the stats (such as - the information does not count folks that are charged with a homicide that are subsequently either acquitted or the case is dropped since this is not a police record concern), this information is gleened from police 'reports'. This is not 'estimated' and is a legitimate, public record. It is something I did myself with out the help of pamphlet.

Unfortunately, being completely flawless in the analysis would require something akin to a job to get there. As you would guess, I am not going that far. I am not, however, going to argue further with someone so interested in their own agenda as to contradict with assumptions and estimates, protraying that as a real argument to a fact based analysis. If you had said 'I believe' I might have been able to tolerate that.

Wow - way too serious for me on a Monday (or anytime to be truthful). I have to go to the restroom - those extra pounds put on over the holidays has my holster putting pressure on my bladder....

6.gif

----------------

On 1/5/2004 9:13:06 AM TBrennan wrote:

Gunman45 eh? That tells me everything I need to know about that guy. Probably masturbates to visions of Waco Johnny Dean, another brave man.

----------------

So what is up with the personal attack?

Gunman45 was my call sign in Vietnam in the late 60s. I suppose you have a problem with that to?

Mark, When you consider that Hitler, Lenin, Stalen, Mao, Pol Pot et al were theologists, your list may just be suprising. On the other side of Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy, Richard Speck, The Boston Strangler, The guy in Russia, Lacey)?) in Ill. et al the most prolific murders , non used guns.

If you go back to just over 200 yrs. Jefferson, Madison, Washington, et al. The most influential individuals of the past 250 yrs, were all "gun nuts"

Rick