Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

cheese and rice (say it fast!)

Kelly(mobile) is probably the most informative member on the forum! Yes you have to consider the source but PLEASE, as far as info goes, who else is even close? Come on, cut him some slack! When you ask about a component, who posts pics and reviews? Who posts personal experiences? No he hasn't heard everything but he posts reviews of other people who have heard the item of interest! This forum is about to implode! Some are only interested in discrediting others, it's obvious! Oh well, my name is Bob, one of my nicknames is Bobnoxious, you all might see why this is deserved!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

<

at least I'm the reason you already own a tube amp. Thanks for the gratitude.

900 posts in 2 months- ever think of getting a life?[img src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'> 6.gif9.gif11.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif6.gif1.gif4.gif11.gif11.gif11.gif9.gif8.gif7.gif15.gif14.gif13.gif4.gif2.gif1.gif12.gif11.gif16.gif

----------------

Guy, I thanked you once, and I will thank you again, I will let you know how they sound. Not a bad life huh? at least I pull the trigger when I say I do, ya know. AND I appreciate all help

12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 6:56:10 PM Ryan C. Inman wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 6:02:27 PM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 12:13:20 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 11:22:50 AM Guy Landau wrote:

and it's starting to be annoying.

----------------

And your not?

----------------

900 posts in 2 months- ever think of getting a life?
2.gif6.gif9.gif11.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif6.gif1.gif4.gif11.gif11.gif11.gif9.gif8.gif7.gif15.gif14.gif13.gif4.gif2.gif1.gif12.gif11.gif16.gif

----------------

Well said, Guy. Everytime I log onto the forum, their names are posted below, even late at night. They need to get a life, and they also need to post something worthwhile instead of the garbage they've been posting recently, it IS becoming very annoying and just detracts from the forum.

Funny how all of a sudden they're experts on tube audio, yeah right!

-Ryan

----------------

Ryan, I know dick about tubes, never said I new anything, always said I have not even listened to a tube amp in 20 years. On that note, I did listen to YOUR EXPERT opinion and bought your #1 amp choice of the 233, I am playing now, and I got to tell you, you are all wet, wrong, no way, no how, is taht THE BEST scott integrated amplifier. Since you are so smart, you neglected the even the the best scott amps, cause you just plain forgot. why don't you get a life! I mean if repairing, promoting and selling scott's is YOUR livlyhood, you may as well start something new. As a matter of fact, what the hell are you doing on this forum except TRYING to steal Craigs customers? You my friend don't even LISTEN to KLIPSCH, why is that, what the hell does that say about your ability to reccomend anything for a klipsch speaker. None I think.

Have a nice life Ryan

I can post whenever I want, I happen to Love klipsch, and am getting a NEW pair of khorns to compliment my 3 pair of cornwall, 1 pair chorus, and 1 pair heresy.

This forum is for klipsch lovers, not self promoters like you who try to take advantage of the unsuspecting members who admit they no nothing of tubes and are looking for advice as to what is best with their KLIPSCH.

Craig at least has CLASS and loves klipsch, owns them, is looking to buy more, recomends for something he knows and loves. why don't you stick to the jbl forum or the scott forum.

get a REAL life and Please leave me alone.

Smilin for U/NOT

12.gif

And by the way ryan, what does your post above have anything to do with?16.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:58:43 PM Guy Landau wrote:

at least I'm not the rat.

----------------

Guy, are you calling mwa a rat, right after I thank-you for all the good you have done me? This does not compute!

Randy Newman

Small people got no reason to

small people got no reason.....

Small people got no reason to...

=================

Oh darn

that was short people

Maybe we should make a list of medium people.

The small people know who they are.

Have fun in da "Windy City"; I'll make it in the future.

Rick

----------------

On 1/25/2004 12:30:28 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:58:43 PM Guy Landau wrote:

at least I'm not the rat.

----------------

Guy, are you calling mwa a rat, right after I thank-you for all the good you have done me? This does not compute!

----------------

I was replying the parrot.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/25/2004 12:41:59 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Randy Newman

Small people got no reason to

small people got no reason.....

Small people got no reason to...

=================

Oh darn

that was short people

Maybe we should make a list of medium people.

The small people know who they are.

Have fun in da "Windy City"; I'll make it in the future.

Rick

----------------

Nice nice, very nice

2.gif Rick, please make no mistake, smilin is not small, not medium, not large, but GRANDE hehheheheheh6.gif

come on down to chitown, you are always welcome10.gif

Your a guy I want to meet12.gif

I only get to Chicogo the last 10 years during the Natioanl Plastics Exposition which is a MK Place every 3 years gig.

AArto gave me some blues suggestions for clubs but I only got to one.

Do not let Craig tell you any stories' I am really pretty boring.

boring kids

boring wife

boring stereo

Maybe some of you could make it to the Audio Karma shoe in Detroit next weekend.

I will endeavor to remain boring...

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:38:48 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Ryan,

I thought you've enjoyed smilin threads.

chitown meeting @ smilin, smilin CW's, BS auction, QS on truck, Beware of seller..........

These are classics.

If I need to rate'em, it would be a difficult task.

----------------

Guy, if you do not like Smilin threads, it seems real easy to avoid, just dont read them

2.gif Nobody is forcing you, i am sure many people on the forum do not read all of yours. I never asked you to rate the threads, I did not start all the threads, I did start some. They are for others like me, not others like you and ryan. I have never attacked you or your threads, rated your threads, analyzed your comments, but if you would like me to start, than so be it!!!!2.gif6.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif12.gif13.gif16.gif16.gif2.gif on second thought, it is just NOT that interesting. I think I am adult enough to pick the threads I wish to read and participate in. If I want to post 100o times in a day I can. You know why? This is a FREE COUNTRY and this is an open forum to persons who want to participate. And YES theat includes those of YOU who do not even own klipsch, and or like klipsch. We live in a democracy called AMERICA, at least I believe in freedom of SPEECH, is that OK with you?12.gif

Please have a nice night, and btw please keep the suggestions coming13.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 6:02:27 PM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 12:13:20 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/24/2004 11:22:50 AM Guy Landau wrote:

and it's starting to be annoying.

----------------

And your not?

----------------

900 posts in 2 months- ever think of getting a life?
2.gif6.gif9.gif11.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif6.gif1.gif4.gif11.gif11.gif11.gif9.gif8.gif7.gif15.gif14.gif13.gif4.gif2.gif1.gif12.gif11.gif16.gif

----------------

Guy BTW prior to buying the quicksilvers, I already purchased a scott 299,272,233 so it was NOT the first tube amp purchase, they are the best of what I have bought, also the most expensive, and I still have not made up my mind as to what I will end up keeping!FYI

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 8:16:23 PM bkrop wrote:

cheese and rice (say it fast!)

Kelly(mobile) is probably the most informative member on the forum! Yes you have to consider the source but PLEASE, as far as info goes, who else is even close? Come on, cut him some slack! When you ask about a component, who posts pics and reviews? Who posts personal experiences? No he hasn't heard everything but he posts reviews of other people who have heard the item of interest! This forum is about to implode! Some are only interested in discrediting others, it's obvious! Oh well, my name is Bob, one of my nicknames is Bobnoxious, you all might see why this is deserved!

----------------

Bob,

Thanks for the post and I will take it to heart.

Smilin, they call me that cause I smile and laugh a lot!

I try not to take life to seriously.

2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/25/2004 1:39:14 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

I only get to Chicogo the last 10 years during the Natioanl Plastics Exposition which is a MK Place every 3 years gig.

AArto gave me some blues suggestions for clubs but I only got to one.

Do not let Craig tell you any stories' I am really pretty boring.

boring kids

boring wife

boring stereo

Maybe some of you could make it to the Audio Karma shoe in Detroit next weekend.

I will endeavor to remain boring...

----------------

I will come visit, but not superbowl weekend, I betcha if we got together boring would not come into play. and yes I know where to go in Chicago

2.gif Do not worry, Craig is very very tired and I only got a few stories so far heh heh heh

Kelly has a wide range of experiences with this stuff, but it doesn't make him the most knowledgeable person on the forum. I tend to be drawn and impressed more by the engineering types. I can usually follow Kelly, but when these other guys get going, I start frying brain cells.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/25/2004 2:19:56 AM DeanG wrote:

Kelly has a wide range of experiences with this stuff, but it doesn't make him the most knowledgeable person on the forum. I tend to be drawn and impressed more by the engineering types. I can usually follow Kelly, but when these other guys get going, I start frying brain cells.

----------------

I think we ALL have our own strengths and weaknesses, and yes it appears that Kelly has a great amount of knowledge in AUDIO, and that's a good thing. It would be nicer if we mutually respected each other, and did not see insults in HONEST opinions, feelings, facts, lack of knowledge, trust ect.

I will be the first to admit, I have probably 1-5% of the knowlwdge of tubes he has, but common sence may be entirely different12.gif

gentlemen, please.......let's all remember that we are here for a shared interest in audio. some of you know alot more than the rest of us, some have more money and toys than others, some have a business interest in addition to their personal pleasure, some (like me ) are trying to suck up information and others are willing to share it. we all have opinions and armpits (and other orifices as well) which, depending on the day and our mood, may or may not be offensive to others. none-the-less, we are all entitled to our opinions and personal preferences, as well as our right to express those thoughts, even though others may find them offensive. however,IMHO, we should not be expressing those thoughts in an offensive manner. restated, there should be no need for us to publicly insult each other; if you absolutely have to get pissy with someone here, send them an email......and even then i would urge you to utilize the same type language you would like to receive.

remember, we should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

patrick ( and the handle refers to my date of birth, not any status i'm likely to achieve in the near future)

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/25/2004 2:52:45 AM DeanG wrote:

About once a week while I'm jamming I think about Kelly and SET, and I think to myself -- if that loon was here he'd be looking for a place to hide!
9.gif

----------------

Hell Dean, If you were with ME you may be looking for a place to hide6.gif I hear you on the SET front, It is hard for me to get excited with 3 watts or so, but hey to each his own.

SET is sweet sounding and has it's place for low level listening but, it's sure not for rocking the rafters even with Khorns. For that you need PP power. That's why even SETs biggest proponents have another amp for serious listening.

smilin, you got that thing cranking yet? Turn it up I can't hear it!3.gif

Rick

----------------

On 1/25/2004 9:05:03 AM 3dzapper wrote:

SET is sweet sounding and has it's place for low level listening but, it's sure not for rocking the rafters even with Khorns. For that you need PP power. That's why even SETs biggest proponents have another amp for serious listening.

smilin, you got that thing cranking yet? Turn it up I can't hear it!
3.gif

Rick

----------------

Rick,

For serious listening? Define serious?

Man, you start to sound like Craig 2.gif