Klipsch's site: Ugly or Pretty?

Manuel Delaflor

The only gripe I have is no Heritage represented. I think Klipsch is doing themselves a disservice by not have there flagship Klipschorn represented on the opening page. Klipsch was built around the heritage line and it should continually represent the companies Heritage, especially since they are still built.

There my 2 cents

I dunno...it works for me! It's informative and easy to navigate through, but I do wish they had images of all their past horn speakers. Surely in their archives are photos of the Cornwalls, Shorthorns, and others that can be posted next to their descriptions.

Just my two cents...

----------------

On 1/11/2004 1:29:33 AM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

Many thousands of dollars go into getting an operable website up.
----------------

But once it is up, you can easily and cheaply play with the graphics.

I think Dell's new website is AWFUL - the old one was awesome.

well i would agree, the forum sucks...but that's an external company:

Ideal Science, Inc.

as far as the actual website, it's one of the best i've seen. as with anything, there is plenty of room for improvement, but i really enjoy the simplicity with the vast amount of content that can be found. (it would be nice though if they'd include more of their products as well as get pictures for everything). I own a ton of klipsch speakers that aren't even mentioned anywhere on the website! sometimes it makes me wonder if they're even klipsch 2.gif

anyways, i do like the website...the forum though "sucks" for lack of a better term. the raw content from all the smart ppl is what keeps me here

Whats wrong with the forum? It think it operates just fine. I do a search and I get very quick replies.

Anyway, I have stayed away from posting in this topic for some time. As a web developer/software engineer myself, it's not easy to produce good looking, easy to navigate, attractive looking websites. So to come in and give a blanket statement like the site sucks is down right non helpfull as well as causes bad feelings for the development team who is working on the site. Think of website development as an art. If you're an artist, you created some painting, would you want someone coming up to your face and saying, it looks like crap?

I like the format. You know the saying, "You can please some of the people..." I do have one suggestion that I believe is shared by many, and that is to modify the indicator for when we have a personal message. This one is far too small and just doesn't get your attention when there is a message waiting. Other than that the forum seems to work just fine.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Nope i'm with Manuel on this one, as I think VISUALLY there are prettier, simpler, and higher-end looking sites out there. On the other hand, I have no issues with the forums.

The "home page" is the most critical, kinda like a persons first impression. It just gives me the feeling of a "computer speaker" manufacturer's site. Simplicity is key in highend design esp the home page... and NOT flashing banners 14.gif , several different types of unrelated fonts, too much info and irrelevant links for a welcome page, etc... The designer did try to keep a certain consistency by using the same left hand menu bars from page to page... but then the rest of the pages are stylistically inconsistent.

Don't get me wrong; it's not a BAD page... and better than most other speaker manufacturers' pages that you'll find at BestBuy. But in my opinion, Klipsch aren't a BB type of manufacturer.

Later...

Rob

PS: Anything familiar will be easy to navigate, but for a newb who isn't familiar with the different Klipsch models, they may not be sure where to find the info they are looking for.