Rosewood Khorns For Sale

greg928gts

----------------

On 2/6/2004 7:19:03 PM fini wrote:

Beautiful work, Greg! Hey, Gary! Maybe you should have Greg re-veneer your Cornwalls, and re-re-veneer the Heresys...
2.gif

----------------

I was thinking about it. I may have re-do the siding on my house in rosewood veneer!2.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. They look better in the pictures than in person right now. I know where every little imperfection is!

They came out redder in the pictures too, which I like. They sort of have the same hue as in the picture with PWK standing next to the Jubilee.

Greg

Thanks JMON.

This might get you started - Zebrawood Heresy Veneer Project

But it helps to have some basic woodworking skills. It can be a fairly straight forward thing for one to re-veneer a set of speakers, but then again, for others, it can be very frustrating. You sort of need to know your own skill level with things like this before you dive in.

Greg

JMON,

First a disclaimer1.gif. Greg, you are a master and I in no way intend to downplay your abilities as a craftsman, they are beyond reproach. I believe Greg will back me up on this, veneering is easier than it may seem. Choosing the right veneer for the job is very important. But the application process is the make or break area. Take your time and do not rush. I am in the completion phase of veneering a really screwed up pair of COL Cornwall's. How someone could treat these cabinets like this is beyond comprehension. Anyway, I am doing them in flat cut Cherry to match an armoire they are going to be next to. I used the Titebond II iron on method that Greg used on his Heresy project and this process is SWEET! I guess my point is that my last veneering project was 7 years ago and the Corn's are coming out absolutely flawless. If I can do it, so can you. And, it is relaxing and one HELLUVA lot of fun.

Thanks Greg and jorjen.

I was mostly just saying that tongue-in-cheek.

However, this may end up being the best way to get all of my dissimiliar speakers to match. I was thinking of just repurchasing some of thse speakers in the veneer and finish that I need. However, that could be a chore on the used front and reveneering would actually allow all to match perfectly, as well as provide the option to use a premium veneer -- such as rosewood (which appear to look outstanding by the way). I think I remember reading somewhere that Greg offered to do reveneer jobs, but the additional costs of two-way shipping would probably be prohibitive. I would likely need to find someone local if I decided to go that route. However, after thinking a little more about it, and the comments about it not being THAT difficult, maybe I could give it a try. At least I can give it a shot on something small before attemping the bigger job(s) where workmanship would be more important. I'll have to think about this some more before diving into such a project.

Master of my own domain maybe!

JMON - if you decide to do your own veneer, do try it on something disposable first. Jordan is right, it is easier than it looks, but I'm always cautious about encouraging people to do a project like this without knowing their skill level.

It is fun for sure! I'm doing a pair of Cornwall II's in zebrawood right now. Love it!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

You havent seen how he has to shovel snow of his ROOF! Take a look at the shots here... no where else for the snow to be put now!!

Last week, the froot put his foot through his own skylight, coming inches from crashing down like a doomed Santa with a French lisp! A few days before, there was so much weight on the roof from the snow, it cracked the ceiling and started leaking. I count myself lucky to have walked on the beach today at almost 68F.

snow1.jpg

kh

post-7511-13819251452406_thumb.jpg