What album keeps bringing you back time and again?

maxg

All interesting stuff - some of you have answered the original question - others just provided their favorite album.

I wasnt asking for your favorite album - I was asking for the one you either forget, or put to one side for ages only to come back to it after months and say - "Why on earth dont I listen to this more often?"

And then you repeat the process.

If you like - I am asking for your lurker album....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/18/2004 5:38:27 AM maxg wrote:

All interesting stuff - some of you have answered the original question - others just provided their favorite album.

I wasn't asking for your favorite album - I was asking for the one you either forget, or put to one side for ages only to come back to it after months and say - "Why on earth dont I listen to this more often?"

And then you repeat the process.

----------------

This is confusing. This is not the way the question was phased in the beginning. I answered your question. And it`s not my favorite album. For some, their fav is the one that keeps bringing them back. Others listed more than one. I could have too. So....?1.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2004 5:38:27 AM maxg wrote:

I wasnt asking for your favorite album - I was asking for the one you either forget, or put to one side for ages only to come back to it after months and say - "Why on earth dont I listen to this more often?"

----------------

Well - I had to listen to Bolin again and as I was replacing the album I took a mini tour of the vinyl and my eyes immediately stopped on "Sea Level". Put it on and wondered how I could have forgotten how good they were. So add Sea Level to my Bolin vote....

This will sound arrogant, but my own material suprises me. I think anyone here who plays and records their own music will understand this. You might like something you did, but you get tired of it while laying down tracks, overdubbing, doing vocals, mixing, etc. Come back a few months later and you think "this is really pretty good!" LOL

actually, I find a lot of Richard Thompson's music like this. I put it on after a long break from it and think, "Why haven't I been listening to this?"

Marvel

The Dixie Dregs, "What If", circa. 1979, and "Unsung Heroes", circa. 1981.

As instrumental music, it is some of the most complex but interesting composition I've ever heard from any contemporary. Steve Morse is on my short list of guitar heroes.

I just blew the dust off of this LP last night after the Patriots game. "Night Meets Light" always settles me down!

Remain in light-Talking Heads

Let it bleed-Stones

Relaxing with The Miles davis Quartet (I think it's quintet actually)

Tejas-ZZtop,

7.gif **** I have lots more of those albums7.gif

I either still did not understand the question or I don't play enough albums.2.gif (I don't ever play enough, for whoever doubts my intelligence)7.gif ... 9.gif