What album keeps bringing you back time and again?

maxg

You know the thing I am talking about. An album that you play once a month/quarter or less, that each time you play it you think - my god - why dont I listen to this more often? Only to promptly forget and let another month/quarter pass til you listen to it again.

For me (boring predictable git that I am) it is DSOTM. I may go on and on about other Roger Water's recordings but my god this one is something. Last night the baby was at grannies and the wife out for diner.

Volume up (there's a change). And DSOTM on - it was absolutely fan-bloody-tastic!!

So what does it for you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could relay how difficult it is to get four or five people together and make good rock music. After that, you have to perform it live -- and be impressive doing it. Trust me, it's harder than most people can possibly imagine.

Do I have to pick just one album?

Um.... Hotel California by the Eagles.....

No. Thin Lizzy.

Or Physical Grafitti....

Or maybe Ian Hunter.

0u812?

The first Ted Nugent album?

The first Pretenders album?

Love Styx and YES and Billy Joel.

Let's not forget Boston. I can't pick.

I know Nazareth. Hair of the Dog. Yup.

Lately for me it's been Bob Dylans' Blood on the Tracks. If it wasn't on vinyl I'd probably play Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts about 5 time straight. Other Albums I always go back to is my Cat Stevens Teaser and Firecat. Of course there are many others.

hoggy

Before they joined Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks put out their first album together in '73 called "Buckingham Nicks"...it's always been a personal favorite of mine (brings back fond memories of love and the Rockie Mountains13.gif). Technically, the sound isn't the greatest, but the songs speak to me on a personal level that brings me back to a time I will never forget. I haven't listened to it for years until this morning...as soon as my 300B amp arrives, it'll be the first tape I play on my Nakamichi totally powered by tubes!

buckinghamnicks1.jpg

post-11084-13819251492172_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/17/2004 1:58:17 AM maxg wrote:

You know the thing I am talking about. An album that you play once a month/quarter or less, that each time you play it you think - my god - why dont I listen to this more often? Only to promptly forget and let another month/quarter pass til you listen to it again.

For me (boring predictable git that I am) it is DSOTM. I may go on and on about other Roger Water's recordings but my god this one is something. Last night the baby was at grannies and the wife out for diner.

Volume up (there's a change). And DSOTM on - it was absolutely fan-bloody-tastic!!

So what does it for you?

----------------

Grateful Dead-Workingman's Dead, American Beauty, LiveDead, europe '72, Blues for Allah, Wake of the Flood, Byrds, Seetheart of the Rodeo, NRPS, Miles Davis, In a Silent Way, Procol Harem, Canned Heat-Living the Blues, any Butterfield Blues Band, -I got about another 100 or so choices so I'd better stop.PS-Electric Flag-any, Hendrix-Electric Ladyland.