TheEAR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steeler fan

I think you figured it out. Klipsch has gone back to the drawing board and re looked at what we all asked for. (here on the BB, and dealers, and what made them famous) IMO people loved exotic woods, looks and styles that were different, Upgraded drivers, x overs, to excite us, and created a "true" high end speaker to the indepenedent High End Dealers too. (not best buys). As for other products to follow ,yes, I assume they have a bigger sub, center channel and other speakers to include in the future. I agree a 18" "MONSTER SUB" is in order!!! LOL.

Maybe, as we stretch the dealers into accepting the newer High End premire lineup, we might see other bigger Klipsch Heritage stuff as well return to some stores. I feel sorry for anyone who has not seen and heard a good Klipschorn setup in his or her lifetime.

< > "I feel sorry for anyone who has not seen and heard a good Klipschorn setup in his or her lifetime."

Well I guess you can feel sorry for me Indy....LOL I've never even seen a Klipschorn in the flesh. Fortunately someone on the BB has invited me to listen to theirs after they finish a remodeling project they are in the middle of. I'm praying they don't forget about me!1.gif

I'm in agreement with Klipschfoot, in that keeping the big piece of plastic on the front is a bad idea. I realize its design aids in reducing diffraction, but it looks cheap on a speaker with so much attention given to the wood finish and shape. And the color/texture of those drivers doesn't help either...even something like the Reference Series cerametallics would at least add some better distinction to the fascia. I think they should have continued the woodgrain all the way across the front, with the drivers front-mounted and recessed by only the depth of the mounting lip, and perhaps a black piece at the top that contains the horn, sort of like an inverted version of the port-piece on the rear.

I don't mean to bash...it could sound amazing, but look-wise, it looks as though they got started on the right foot, then stumbled along the way. In fact, the plastic front is the one thing that I don't quite like about my Reference speakers. The all-black look with the copper-colored drivers has a nice effect (I keep my grilles off, as it adds some color accents to what would otherwise be a 'none more black' Darth Vader entertainment center), but the plastic front make them appear a bit like a set of detachable speakers from a boom-box. Luckily, they don't sound that way.

----------------

On 2/5/2004 6:26:08 AM John Warren wrote:

----------------

On 1/26/2004 1:02:08 AM DeanG wrote:

I'm gonna get killed for this.

Expect to see these at $4200.
----------------

Two Chinese woofers $28 each (2X) = $56

Plastic Chinese tweeter $20

Crossover $10

Cabinet MDF $100

Veneer $30

Cheesy plastic faceplate $7

----------------

Mindless drivel from someone with no life $0

why are you even here?

I would not mess with John Warren he is a pretty knowledgeable fellow, as nice as they may look I would bet that his price estimations on the components are probably not to far off. I would take a used pair of Khorns over the Premiere Series floorstanders any day. Now bring on that Premiere sub that goes with them, that I may have an interest in.

"EAR.....what have you got against CHINA? They might want to hire you."

First they would not be able to pay my slary,my one hour pay is higher than their for a month.So they hire me! Sure LOL

What have I got against China,what a cute question.

Countless well paid jobs are leaving YOUR country for China.And countless Americans lose jobs.

Any more questions?

----------------

On 2/5/2004 3:24:57 PM BBB wrote:

----------------

On 2/5/2004 9:44:50 AM TheEAR wrote:

If the Premiere series or their components are not made in the USA I will not buy any of them.

----------------

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Klipsch and Marvin.jpg">

ATTENTION PEOPLE OF EARTH!…... I’M ON MY WAY!

----------------

Is that with or without the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator??

Sorry to go a bit off topic with this, but you guys may get a laugh out of this (or not), but I heard from someone who went to one of the shows (CES?) that there is a city in China called USA. Therefore, they may legitimately stamp, "Made in USA," on the product. Can anyone confirm this???

David