cluless

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No!NO!NO! Ed!

We can't bring the Tri-Eyed Moon Unit thing into this....

Fie Fie..

Things were bad enough when we had a shiny dome of unknown dimensions to deal with...evil eyebrows

Now that there is that purple ...thingie...ugghhh...and the tentacles don't quite measure up...to SPLAT..SPLAT like apendages of the triffids.

3) Chapter 37. Oriental Religions in the West. Frazer, Sir James George. 1922. The Golden

Bough

At least it is a remarkable coincidence, if it is nothing more, that the Christian and the heathen festivals of the divine death and resurrection should have been solemnised at the same season and in the same places. For the places which celebrated the death of Christ at the spring equinox were Phrygia, Gaul, and apparently Rome, that is, the very regions in which the worship of Attis either originated or struck deepest root. It is difficult to regard the coincidence as purely accidental. If the vernal equinox, the season at which in the temperate regions the whole face of nature testifies to a fresh outburst of vital energy, had been viewed from of old as the time when the world was annually created afresh in the resurrection of a god, nothing could be more natural than to place the resurrection of the new deity at the same cardinal point of the year. Only it is to be observed that if the death of Christ was dated on the twenty-fifth of March, his resurrection, according to Christian tradition, must have happened on the twenty-seventh of March, which is just two days later than the vernal equinox of the Julian calendar and the resurrection of Attis. A similar displacement of two days in the adjustment of Christian to heathen celebrations occurs in the festivals of St. George and the Assumption of the Virgin. However, another Christian tradition, followed by Lactantius and perhaps by the practice of the Church in Gaul, placed the death of Christ on the twenty-third and his resurrection on the twenty-fifth of March. If that was so, his resurrection coincided exactly with the resurrection of Attis.

----------------

On 3/20/2004 12:21:13 AM m00n wrote:

"I had no affect I such profound affect on people."

----------------

If you dropped yer drawers an' mooned us a permanent verticle smile, that would really have a profound affect on us all...ugh!6.gif

I don't know about changing tides and science... but I do know about changing diapers and mRs. m00n!

Wash your hands before you type a reply 2.gif -HornEd

PS: Hmm, maybe changing Tides is in your future... like changing unscented Tide for perfumed Tide when the m00n rises to the laundry challenge?

PPS: If memory serves, these are not flamers, but mere extrapolations of previous m00n posts.

PPPS: Your alarm has been duly raised, cluless. Do you think that m00n is really a Purple People Eater from an alien saucer who's pilot was into his cups... and DUI'd into a football field in the darkest reaches of Minnesota?

One of Clus pictures thats worth a thousand words.

Klipsch cartoon of forum members by CLU

We were sailing along on Moonlight Bay

We could hear the voices ringing

They seemed to say

"You have stolen her heart" (You have stolen her heart)

"Now don't go 'way"

As we sang love's old sweet song on Moonlight Bay

(Sailing through the moonlight on Moonlight Bay)

"Beware the Ides of March"...now that is a good one! Old Bill Shakespeare sure has confused things over the years! Most people tend to equate the Ides of March with today's March 9th, but they are wrong...because under the Roman Calendar of that time (the reign of Julius Caesar) there were only 10 months, each having 36 days (but that varied according to annual decree so that they could keep their calendars in alignment with the solar year). It was under the JULIAN Calendar that two additional months were added (with about 30 days each, which also varied due to need for regular re-alignment with the solar year), and this occurred under the reign of Augustus (NOT under the reign of his uncle and adoptive father, Julius!)...and later on, the Gregorian calendar further corrected our calendar to our solar year to pretty much the way it is today. So, if one tries to line-up the original time of the Ides of March with today's calendar, it comes out to about the same time as the spring equinox...which is what the Ides of March were originally all about to begin with!

----------------

I had no affect I such profound affect on people.
2.gif
. I can even change the tides from what science tells me.
10.gif

----------------

Are you starting to feel the gravity of the situation?

----------------

On 3/20/2004 12:33:48 PM fini wrote:

----------------

Are you starting to feel the gravity of the situation?

----------------

Dont need moon beams to scramble THESE dreadlocks.

magnet.gifMoon avatar sml.jpg

he he he he he he he 11.gif

Just for fun-

There are 14 real avatars in that pic

A forum family,

One forum member not wearing its normal avatar

A pair of giraffes

A little dog.

Can you name them all?

Who origninally owned the giraffes, and where are they now?

And will someone please PLEASE tell me that those lyrics that BBB quoted WERE NOT FROM DORIS DAY....YIEKS.

JT if your avatar had been human or a bit more flotsam-like you would have definitely been in the pic. 1.gif

----------------

On 3/20/2004 8:20:13 PM cluless wrote:

..."JT if your avatar had been human or a bit more flotsam-like you would have definitely been in the pic."

----------------

That's okay...I like my Cornwall avatar, even if it sinks like a rock!2.gif

It's good to see that there is still some humor left on this forum.

Looking at that pic it looks like our dear friend Baffled Bugs Bunny(or maybe it's Helmholtz Resonator Bunny, but than the initials wouldn't work out right) is wearing a different avatar than his normal(not that he is really normal) self.

As to who the original owner of the giraffes is I am truly cluless, I do remember that their previous owner was worried about where to keep them as the do seem to take up a lot of space on account of the long necks,I have been told that if I drink enough longnecks I too will take up a lot of space, so I had best stick to my scotch.

The giraffes spent some time in the addition that Dale was putting on his house but it is rumored that they headed south once the winter set in.

Peace, Josh