ENVIRONMENTAL ALERT!

artto

There's a compound called DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide). Studies show 86% of people would support a ban on it. Before you decide, let me give you the facts: Every year, thousands die from DHMO and tens of millions of dollars in property and environmental damage occurs.

Prolonged exposure causes tissue damage. In gas form it causes severe burns and scars. It's found in acid rain, can cause car brakes to fail and is used in manufacturing chemical warfare.

It's also found in pre-cancerous tumors. And some athletes try to use it to improve their performance, with accidental overdoses causing excessive sweating, nausea and vomiting. If that's not enough, even inhaling small quantities can lead to death. What's your vote? Ban or no ban?..............................

So did you authoritatively decide to ban DHMO? If you did, you can feel ok knowing you did what 86% of others have done. But you should also know...you just banned water. Yep, H2O

You see, information presented in an alarmist OR BIASED way can dupe even the smartest of us.

Yikes! I was afraid my Lysergic Acid Diethylamide induced hallucinogen persisting perception disorder was creeping back when I thought people were about to ban dihydrogen oxide. What a goof. He he he he he. Whew! Things could get pretty heavy, man, if they blew the lid off of the Deuterium Oxide conspiracy though. Wow! Lets just not go there, man. Its too deep, man. Im just gonna lay back with one of my fusion albums and try to forget I ever read this post, man.

I figure a Fish ought to know... but I'm gonna treat it with a tried and true French Prenuptial Remedy, ice DHMO down, toss in a shot of Pernod and put on a sensual CD of Ravel's Bolero*... and, err well, I dont want to be a pig about it butthhattss all fffolks! (curtain pulled) -HornEd

PS: Ravel's Bolero was first performed at the Paris Opera House... where it was booed off the stage! Frankly, I PREFER to do it with Klipschorns!

----------------

On 3/22/2004 7:18:21 PM T2K wrote:

"You see, information presented in an alarmist OR BIASED way can dupe even the smartest of us."

And it happens often over in the Home Thearter forum. ^

Keith

----------------

I know bose rules. I like the paper tweeter that is so clever.

As they ban the D2O(not H2O but H and D just isotopes...... ) they still have certain of them abundance on the air/water......... I don't know how do they work this out 9.gif

Well before banning or supporting the compound...... I've to see what does it favor to the world. We know burning gasoline kill the Ozone upon the sky and increase ozone near ground level, but we need it until there's alternative and competitive to gasoline. If it does much more benefits to us, we know we have to use that

There's all toxic substance/carinogen all over the lab I'm in, the distance between me and them were just a pair of gloves when I use them. I know they are bad but I still need to use it 2.gif