Anybody want some new Heresy II's?

HDBRbuilder

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got home from work and read the entire thread...I know completely what Andy's going through! It's a sad day when you feel you need to sell off personal items just to get by. Times are tough, I know...I've never fully recovered when I was laid off over a year ago, and I still can't pay all my bills (creditors still call my house every day).

Regardless, Andy was the first person who responded to my very first post here on this forum and made me feel welcomed. Plus the fact that Andy built the very Cornwalls I listen to and still enjoy to this day...I owe my musical enjoyment to this man!

But I feel terrible that I couldn't contribute the $26 to Andy's Heresy Fund like everyone else, and I wasn't going to not help out, so I sent a $10 contribution to Dean's PayPal account. It's all I've got, believe me, but it's well worth it to the man that has done so much for this forum, Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers, and Klipsch owners worldwide!

Sorry I couldn't help out more (I would if I could), but I know it's going to a worthy cause. Keep your Heresys, Andy. It's no fun losing everything you've got (like I practically did)...Hang in there, man! We love ya!

And thanks, Dean...the money's in your account!

Well, folks, I don't know what to say. I just got inside the apartment after trying to make my hands as small as those hands of the Japanese who built my raggedy old 287,000 mile 1988 Mitsubishi truck! This wasn't the first starter that went out on me...the original one went out back in 1998. After digging through the piles of crap in the glove box, I finally found an old O'Reilly's receipt for that 1998 starter purchase, and it had a lifetime warranty! I guess it pays to keep all those receipts over the years! Anyway, I am sitting here with arms that look like they have been entangled in barbed wire from all the scratches I got while changing out the broken starter for my NEW FREE starter! Things are looking up already, I guess. Now at least I have my wheels back for job hunting...LOL!

Anyway, I sat down to see if I had any "bites" on those Heresys and saw that there were FOUR WHOLE PAGES on this thread!!! So, I read them all, and all I can say is...well, I don't know WHAT to SAY!...except thanks a bunch...with my eyes welling up in some kinda "girly tear event" or something!! You guys and gals are really something else! I will try to hold onto the Heresys, I guess, but they now belong to the forum folks!

I don't want to get into any details, but the last couple of years have really been trying for me to say the least...and have just seemed to cap-off a downward decline that began in December 1999...but had its initial roots back in 1995. Everything is on my shoulders, though...because I chose to make the decisions that I made that did NOT turn out favorably for me, but which SEEMED to hold promise at the time I made them. It is weird how things can turn out...but my running into this forum has allowed me a bit of escape from my daily drudge for the last couple of years or so. I have learned more than I have taught, BY FAR! AND I now know how great it is to be a part of this forum!

Suffice it to say, that I was SUPPOSED to be on 90 days of active duty beginning in late February at the local reserve unit here. That would have carried me through this particular lean time quite well. So, when I was told it was a "done deal", I figured I may as well get a head start on the work that I was supposed to do during that time of active duty. Anyway, it ended up that I worked for the Army Reserve for FREE for over a month before I was told that the orders would NOT be forthcoming, after being told every day that they should show up anytime! Then they told me that on May 3, I was gonna be called to active duty for a year at FT Sill, OK, if I volunteered. So I volunteered. Then after three weeks of packing my stuff and chunking it into storage, they told me last Friday that I would NOT be going active duty now after all! So, basically I was sitting here wondering what to do since any meager reserves I had left at the beginning of this military fiasco back in late January were now depleted. So, I figured...sell the Heresys to keep alive until I could find something!

When I started this thread this morning, I figured that there MIGHT be somebody willing to pay what I was asking, but I had SERIOUS DOUBTS because most of us on this forum are looking for a really SWEET deal, and I am one of those types, myself! But I went ahead and made the offer here first, because that is the way this forum works!

Imagine my surprise to fire up the puter and see THIS HAD HAPPENED!! YOU GUYS ARE THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST!! When I finally get back on my feet, I will get square with all of you!! You have my WORD on that! Sometimes it takes me awhile to make good on my word, but it always eventually happens!

What I really need to do is get the heck out of this area and find something that is a worthwhile venture for me in another location, but that is not in the cards right now (moving costs money!), so I will grub-up something around here locally, I hope! At least, after reading this thread, I HAVE SOME HOPE, NOW!

I just don't know what to say other than thanks! I realize that some of you enjoy my posts just as much as I enjoy posting them, but this kind of response was NOT expected!! Suffice it to say, I will TRY to retain the Heresys, and will consider them the property of this forum!...at least until I can get back on my feet and repay all of this unexpected kindness!

Again, thank you all!

jt, absolutely no apologies needed here; we're all family. some have a few bucks to contribute, some have prayers, some have wise words and encouragement to offer after traveling down asimilar road.......we all help where and how we can at the time. the main point is that we all emote for andy, who is one of "us". best regards, patrick

Hey Andy,

We're not loaning you money, we're giving it to you. So you can just forget about paying it back.

You are obviously incredibly talented in woodworking and your Klipsch memory is phenomenal. I don't know what work opportunities there are in your area, apparently not very good, so if you can swing it any way, you should try to move somewhere with better prospects. I know that is a lot easier said than done, with first month's rent and deposit and moving expenses and so on, but you have way too much skill not to be using it. Some firm out there would love to have such an excellent worker as yourself; all you have to do is link up with them.

Good luck.

Andy, I may not know you personally but I know how you feel. I have been through it and it is pretty tough. Though I was lucky enough to keep most of my gears (and buy some more). I have tried hard to control my buying habit. Audio hobby is such a tough addiction to cure. 1.gif. I wish you the best.

You still have the Heresy's ...were square! I have not been a forum member very long but I have seen that the people on this forum are willing to offer help in what ever form its needed. I have read so many of your posts and learned from them. When things slide downward it sucks I know, having friends and family offer a hand up can make things a little more bearable, if we did that for you then it was more than worth it. You have given your advice and assistance here to countless folks so if it comes back to you youve earned it. No one should have to sell their stuff just to put beans on the plate. So you enjoy those Heresys and the up turn in fortune that is due your way.

One last thing is to give Dean his props for being the original good guy that he is, thanks for doing the leg work to organize this.