Trey's Arkansas Meeting Video. Here it is.

m00n

Hey all.. Trey was having issues getting this file up to his internet service providers servers so he asked that I host it for him for a bit.

Trey put a some nice work into this. I really enjoyed watching it. Love the Rush music he added!

Anyway, here it is It's just over 14 megs so it may take a bit for it to download.

It took almost 15 minutes with my broadband connection.

I hadn't realized I'd smoked so many clove cigarettes while I was there, man, that smoke was everywhere -- sorry guys and gals.

Love that picture of Steve (ssh) with the cables. Pretty much the same look I have when I'm working with them (WTF - THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME -- AAHHHRRRGGGG).

C&S,

Dean came in talking about the Quads possibly sending up smoke signals, then promptly placed them on the floor right next to my JFLs. I think that's Trey's take on the DQs smokin'. Thankfully, the cloves were all he smoked. It is a cool pic, & does suggest the power they displace. I liked them so much, that in an email exchange with Jeff, I mentioned what fun it would be to have a 40 watt SET pr, & he sent me links to DeHavelland. OMG. If I sold the truck, or the motorcycle and the telescope...2.gif

SSH

Trey,

The video is way cool. I'm putting it on DVD to show to my EAST classes next year. They create videos: animated, streaming, & from stills. Your effects do not detract from, but enhance, your story. That was fun. Thanks.

SSH 1.gif

• Klipsch Employees

I use my wife's G4 powerbook and I-movie...then rendered it in Quick time.

It took me about 3 hr. Would have been better if I used final cut pro...but the "lappy" doesn't have enough ram...

That was my 2nd movie...I got a kick out of it.

I lost a bias resistor in one of the QUADs twice, but since replacing all of the bias resistors with some nice Kiwamis, I haven't had a problem. QUAD knew about the problem, and quit using the enamel type resistors a few years after production started.

The reason the QUADs are still in my system is because they SOUND GREAT. I have had quite a few amps and preamps, and the QUAD trio is the only thing I've had that can both open up almost immediately AND deliver unrestricted dynamics at high SPLs. The sound is delicate and airy, and stays that way even after they go into growl mode. In short, I feel like Goldilocks, and think they sound "juussst right".

The thing is, the sonic signature of the three pieces is particular to the three pieces, and it's not likely to be captured by some other push-pull circuit or high powered SET amp. The QUADs are what they are, and no matter what they are put up against -- they will not "be bettered", because in the end, the only thing that will be said is that they sound very good indeed -- and some other offering would only be chosen because of personal preference or bias.

Dean,

My post is in complete agreement with yours, I didn't intend to suggest any betterment, & it is only my own preferences that would suggest another topography than the Quads for my use. I was impressed with their sound, the quickness (I referred to it to you as snap) of the bass, and what I characterized as openness at SPLs that I had not heard. It is only logical that someone happy with the sound of far fewer watts would wonder what those additional watts would accomplish with a topography which already appeals to their personal taste. If the Quads, that is, what they themselves are, were not such an impacting sound to me, I would never have so much as had the thought. I listen to 150 watts per channel some every day, but it doesn't impact me the way the Quads did.

What I enjoyed was not just 40 watts, but it made me wonder, & say to a friend that I wonder, what 40 watts of SET would be like. I did not even consider that my words could possibly reflect the idea that those amps needed to be bettered. Nor do I have in my mind the thought that 40 watts of SET would be better. As you say, it would be different, and I commented to Jeff that I think it would be fun to hear.

SSH 1.gif

----------------

On 5/14/2004 6:51:06 PM DeanG wrote:

I lost a bias resistor in one of the QUADs twice, but since replacing all of the bias resistors with some nice Kiwamis, I haven't had a problem. QUAD knew about the problem, and quit using the enamel type resistors a few years after production started.

The reason the QUADs are still in my system is because they SOUND GREAT. I have had quite a few amps and preamps, and the QUAD trio is the only thing I've had that can both open up almost immediately AND deliver unrestricted dynamics at high SPLs. The sound is delicate and airy, and stays that way even after they go into growl mode. In short, I feel like Goldilocks, and think they sound "
juussst right
".

The thing is, the sonic signature of the three pieces is particular to the three pieces, and it's not likely to be captured by some other push-pull circuit or high powered SET amp. The QUADs are what they are, and no matter what they are put up against -- they will not "be bettered", because in the end, the only thing that will be said is that
they sound very good indeed --
and some other offering would only be chosen because of personal preference or bias.
----------------

Dean, So may I assume that you like the QUADs?