Wow! Ebony Belles on EBay

They are quite spectacular! The right speaker was the one that was sitting in the sun, as it is a shade lighter on top, even given the reflected bricking is lighter. I also saw four chips in the photos with the largest being on the right speaker top edge in the third photo. These are extreme nitpicks, so don't let them keep you from chasing these speakers. They are fricking wonderful, and even with these minor flaws, we will see a new record EBay payment for Belles, I think.

Gilbert-

Check into Forward Air, as I've heard great things about them. You have to go to local airports, but they have locations at both Tulsa and Phoenix. Not sure how much shipping would be, but other folks here have used them and the prices have been surprisingly reasonable.

----------------

On 5/17/2004 6:25:45 PM Gilbert wrote:

Ouuucheee....I just checked on the shipping of those babies to Tulsa,OK (approx. 1050 miles from Phoenix, AZ)....Cost for shipping is approx. $450 to my door.
15.gif

----------------

on Dec.26th, 2003 a mint set of 1979 belles in brazilian rosewood sold on ebay for BIN $2500. the seller said that the U.S. government banned importation of brazilian rosewood into the country shortly thereafter. someone at klipsch could verify if they used brazilian rosewood in 1983. seller said they cost $5000 in 1979. i can see these going for close to this price. go getem Gilbert, they are sweet. Russ

Gilbert, don't puss out on me now bro! I think Gilbert has used Forward Air in the past, so that may be the price that they gave him, but I heard that their rates had gone up significantly. Did you get that Cornwall heard of yours thinned out yet? I can't believe you had no takers on those nice '90 Oak Oil Cornwall II's. There is a very nice pair of Oak Oil Belle's on AudioGon right now for $2500, the wood grain on them is stunning, very cool looking. I would trade my rare '62 WO Vertical Cornwalls for those Belle's. 2.gif

Jhawk.....I used Forward Air for shipping Cornwalls before, but I do not believe they will do Pick-Up service...and the owner is not willing to take them to the Forward Air warehouse (don't really blame him though, they are heavy).

Budman....Brazilian Rose wood is still legal to use, provided your brazilian wood stockpile was obtained prior to the ban. I have found several exotic wood contacts that still have Brazilian Rosewood available.....it just cost way too much.

I will be bidding on those puppies though, especially since Andy verified the veneer type......look for the BIG Bids comming in at the final seconds.....I know they will go high....hopefully, not absurdly high.

Later,

See Ya Guy's

Gilbert-

Ah, that's too bad about the owner not helping you out. Maybe there is someone else local who could? Best of luck on the bidding. They are lovely and hope you can score them.

Frz-

Yeah, those are a very nice set of OO Belles on Agon. I saw them the first day up and started drooling, but don't have a place for them. I'm surprised they haven't sold yet.

Gilbert,

These are local to me, about 12 miles from my house. If you really want them I'll pick them up for you. I've already exchanged several emails with the seller about picking them up. I was going to bid on them but I see that they're going to go out of my miserable little price range. :(

Having already picked up a set of LS cabinets at Forward Air here in Phx I'm familiar with their terminal location and setup. Forward Air won't be nearly as expensive as the quote mentioned above in this thread. Hit them up for a quote for about 300 pounds from Phoenix, you'll be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure.

I can round up a pallet and stuff for the journey, no big deal.

This offer is good for any board member who bids on these, as long as you haven't pissed me off lately. :) Might want to contact me via PM/email if you're planning to take me up on the offer, especially if you're in a hurry.

Tom

Did I mention the immense fee for my services here? It's the old zero-zip-nada-zilch price schedule.

Tom

Thanks Tom......The price will probably be tipping out of my range soon too. I appreciate the offer, and have not given up hope. If I somehow eventually do end up with them, I will take you up on the Forward Air offer.

Thanks again,

See YA!!

Well, it's been a few hours since my last check, and all I can think of right now is Paul Simon's....."slip sliding away.......Slip sliding awwwaaaay.....you know the nearer your destination the more you keep"......Ahhhh nuts, somebody pass me a tissue....Sob!15.gif