Grippers anyone?

I have given this simple inexpensive "tweak" of using "Grippers" out on this forum numerous times for those who have their speakers sitting on smooth, non-carpeted or non-rug-covered floor surfaces. I just kinda wondered how many forum members have actually tried this and what were the results, in your opinions?

uh, i musta been outta da room. whatz a gripper? that stuff you put under rugs on hard floors, so you won't fall on yer keister?

I removed the little tin 2 cent feet from my k-horns, and slapped three EZsliders under each one. I can't say it had any effect on the sound, but it sure made'm one heck of a lot easier to slide in an out of the corner!

Haven't tried the grippers but have used spikes on carpet over plywood floors and I think it actually made by 3.5's a little hasher. Tried the spikes with same in basement over a rug and concrete and it did drop down the bass a bit, which is nice, but it wasn't quite a revelation. Haven't tried it yet with my 5.2's.

Well Andy i guess im the only one who did this after we both talked about it here,,,i will have to back Andy up on this one,,,its cheap and works.I did not A-B this mod but i do think it helps...i was in a hurry to get them on that day and didnt even think to A-B the mod till i got it done..lol..maybe someone will do this and do A-B test...Rick

Klipsch speaker Hobbit feet1.jpg

The grippers I use make everything sound much more musical.

The problem is my speakers just keep walking all over the place!

hobbit foot notes.gif

I even A and B flat tested them and still see no difference

between my left or right footed speakers. Aint that a kicker?

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 6/2/2004 9:11:27 AM HDBRbuilder wrote:

I have given this simple inexpensive "tweak" of using "Grippers" out on this forum numerous times for those who have their speakers sitting on smooth, non-carpeted or non-rug-covered floor surfaces. I just kinda wondered how many forum members have actually tried this and what were the results, in your opinions?
----------------

Where would one obtain these? Can you refer us to a link? Thanks!

----------------

On 6/3/2004 7:10:13 AM BBB wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Klipsch speaker Hobbit feet1.jpg">

The grippers I use make everything sound much more musical.

The problem is my speakers just keep walking all over the place!

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/hobbit foot notes.gif">

I even A and B flat tested them and still see no difference

between my left or right footed speakers. Ain’t that a kicker?

----------------

Hello:

Let us know about the grippers.

As for the ones BBB uses, if they are flat does it affect the music? Also is there any consideration for the possibility of athlete's foot? Possibly jumping, causing TTs or CD players to skip? Or marathon Music, trying to keep up?

Lastly, what do you do for toe-in?

dodger

Guest Anonymous

i actually have my b&ws on hardwood oak floor now and the footings are off so its directly on them and i like the way they sound a lot they have been on the rug and i think they resonate off the floor a little better and make the bass a little louder since i don't have a sub with them but, i don't know, its been a while since i toyed with the placement of them... maybe that will give me somethign to do.....