Pinging The Parrot

Deang

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got to love going " FISHING " in the spring , nothing like " TESTING " the water with a different " LURE " to see what kind of "BITE " your going to get . Eventualy your going to hook the " BIG ONE " and have to test your own angling skills .

Then again if your unable to read between the lines then your just about dumb enough to get us all shut down for another weekend .

Woops !!! Did i say dumb ? Boy am i going to be in big sh@t now .

BTW DEAN !! don't drop the soap !! the bird man will give you a good pecking 2.gif

tbrennan, what's your home address? I haven't showered lately and I'm getting a little ripe. Sure I believe in "once a week, whether you need it or not", but it's not Sunday yet so I thought I'd stop by for a visit. Got any food in the fridge? Got any "Hermit's Hermits" playing on the the horns? What's your wife look like? Car's busted, can I borrow yours? I'll spring for beer, got $5 you can lend me? What's your views on conjugal sex in prison?

I'll PM you.

artto spake thusly:

"You guys have no idea how lucky you are that I'm not the Forum Administrator, do you!"

I AM an admin on another high-traffic hobby site. It's private, non-profit, not corporate, but we have some very similar issues. Regretfully, we had to ask a couple of guys to stop visiting even though they were very valuable and frequent contributors. Of course, dis-allowing a range of IP addresses around theirs' helped them comply with our request. It was very similar to some stuff that goes on here. The nasty cuts, barbed remarks, long-held grudges, mean spiritedness made it so it just wasn't worth it. Similar to here, people refrained from joining in because they were unwilling to go through the flames and didn't want to get trashed by one or another of the people/factions that were warring. We were concerned that much of the population would go with them, but it turned out not to be an issue. We received much support from people who were lurkers, some of them turned out to have lots to contribute once the climate was a little more friendly.

You go, Amy. There's just no excuse for all this continuous childish bickering, vendetta persuing, motive questioning stuff.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:38:25 PM Dual Woofers wrote:

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:35:12 PM fini wrote:

Funny, I am only sensing love on the forum this evening. Everyone must be drunk.

----------------

where's your soap sweetheart ?

----------------

I don't know, but my loofa's missing, too.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 8:55:42 PM LonestarBlues wrote:

Hey. Does anyone besides me think that Pablum is actually our old

MobileHomeless/Kelly Holstein? The personal pet peeve about announcing emails & his writing style lead me to believe Kelly is back incognito.

Regards, Mike

----------------

Mike,

Did you catch this "Pablum" post a few days back?

******This place goes round and round and round in circles, a very few progressing, many more regressing, and the same type of responses, over and over again.******

******I find the Klipsch forums a mutated example of the Peter Principle in the Audio World. As new recruits enter the fray, they get shipped down the wrong channel to side with whichever Peter that aligns with the Klipsch Moon. A few call themselves "scientists," a serious warning sign, and others the naysayer elite. This "painful reality" has the most appropriate name of the entire lot.******

If this ain't the Carolina loon, somebody owes said loon royalties for stealing his act and style. This sounds so similar to shortly before his previous meltdown, I can't decide if it's meant as parody.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:50:32 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

artto spake thusly:

"You guys have no idea how lucky you are that I'm not the Forum Administrator, do you!"

I AM an admin on another high-traffic hobby site. It's private, non-profit, not corporate, but we have some very similar issues. Regretfully, we had to ask a couple of guys to stop visiting even though they were very valuable and frequent contributors. Of course, dis-allowing a range of IP addresses around theirs' helped them comply with our request. It was very similar to some stuff that goes on here. The nasty cuts, barbed remarks, long-held grudges, mean spiritedness made it so it just wasn't worth it. Similar to here, people refrained from joining in because they were unwilling to go through the flames and didn't want to get trashed by one or another of the people/factions that were warring. We were concerned that much of the population would go with them, but it turned out not to be an issue. We received much support from people who were lurkers, some of them turned out to have lots to contribute once the climate was a little more friendly.

You go, Amy. There's just no excuse for all this continuous childish bickering, vendetta persuing, motive questioning stuff.
----------------

I will absolutely second this above post ! I can absolutely confirm that the "ACTIVE" membership numbers are held down by a few posters belittlements and vindictiveness. I good portion of my customer base of this forum are lurkers and I am constantly told why THEY ARE LURKERS. I will refrain from naming the people that make them feel uncomfortable. Amy should know that this has improved with here presence but I feel like above that there is only one true way to end the problem all together and Tom hit the nail on the head !

Craig

"I will refrain from naming the people that make them feel uncomfortable. Amy should know that this has improved with here presence but I feel like above that there is only one true way to end the problem all together and Tom hit the nail on the head !"

This has got to be the most over the top post I have ever read! - Go ahead NOS and name yourself. You and Parrot are the two most obnoxious people on this forum! When ever someone recommends an amp that you are not selling, you try (And I do mean Try) to belittle the poster.

Pretty soon the only folks left on this forum will be those that recommend Scott 299 (or something) for amplification.

The biggest offenders of this forum are the ones that are Sooooooooooo thankful to have Amy around! GMAFB!

Cut Throat your the only thing over thte top here ! I was on vacation for a week not long ago and not here for the last few days but the problems persist and even get worse to some extent so how can the people you list REALLY BE THE PROBLEM ???????

----------------

On 6/13/2004 7:15:10 PM Cut-Throat wrote:

"I will refrain from naming the people that make them feel uncomfortable. Amy should know that this has improved with here presence but I feel like above that there is only one true way to end the problem all together and Tom hit the nail on the head !"

This has got to be the most over the top post I have ever read! - Go ahead NOS and name yourself. You and Parrot are the two most obnoxious people on this forum! When ever someone recommends an amp that you are not selling, you try (And I do mean Try) to belittle the poster.

Pretty soon the only folks left on this forum will be those that recommend Scott 299 (or something) for amplification.

The biggest offenders of this forum are the ones that are Sooooooooooo thankful to have Amy around! GMAFB!
----------------

Lets quote these personal attacks while were at it Heh !!