Luck abounds! (and query)

Zeke_in_KC

SCORE!!!!

Might be a Forum record for Corns

Sold my super-sensitive walnut-oiled Cornwall 1s, with their B2 crossovers, for $1K, used them and classic Klipsch corner Khorns with sweet, little 70s vintage, solid-state harmon/kardon 330B receiver

4.gif

Doesn't surpass. Lonelobo scored a 40.00 pair about 7 years back...but his weren't near as pretty as these.

Do I hear 35?

Dave

Awesome SCORE!!!! That's what we all keep hoping to find.

I think someone found a pair for $25 at a local neighborhood garage sale who also had a pair from his aunt. I don't think they had the really cool cane grills though.

Enjoy! [8][8][:D][8][8]

Interestingly, I have been using high power SS amplification for years and have experienced none of the harshness that many have indicated is the natural emination of Cornwalls when fed such juice: which I attribute to the crossover and well maintained source/signal/wattage. My only fear with the Crites tweeter is increasing frequency response may change that.

Thoughts?

I doubt you have anything to worry about.

I've been powering my Heresy's that have Bob's tweeter with a generic early 2000's Yamaha reciever and the difference Bob's tweeter made over the stock K-77 was only positive.

-Josh

All good to know.

I am -- for lack of a better phrase -- a little "put out" that my squawker started fuzzing, only because I don't know any better.

I haven't abused anything. After 25 years, does this just happen? :)

I would surmise that it doesn't "just happen" but eventually get to the point that you hear it. Question: one speaker or both? One, then swap then out physically or electrically for troubleshooting speaker, connections, source, etc. I opted for the B.E.C. remedy for crossovers and drivers. I would suggest a call to Bob and I am sure a cost/benefit solution can be obtained.

On the other hand, if that doesn't seem to meet your needs I'll give you the $40 and take them buzzing[;)]

I have been using high power SS amplification for years and have experienced none of the harshness

What are you presently powering the Corns with?

What kind of preamp?

A well gone through Sansui G9000DB.

.......Bet that sounds sweet. [Y]

I have good/bad news.

I swapped output leads from the amp and the midrange distortion switched speakers. A wiring short, or some such, would be constant, I would assume. The leads me to believe that something is rotten in the right channel of my receiver.

Time to check DC-offset and other things.

Awesome SCORE!!!! That's what we all keep hoping to find.

I think someone found a pair for $25 at a local neighborhood garage sale who also had a pair from his aunt. I don't think they had the really cool cane grills though.

Enjoy! MusicMusicBig SmileMusicMusic

Good memory Ben, that would be me. I have (2) pair and $25 is the most I've paid for any Heritage Klipsch! Still have them too.

Jeremy

post-17815-13819513582566_thumb.jpg

$650, some years back.

I bought it in good condition and used it, daily, for 5+ years.

Currently, it is with a good tech getting, among other things, a re-cap. Biggest problem? The original, oval, caps are made of unobtanium. Capable replacements are being sought. Driver boards, power supply, etc., is already done. Cleaningthe scratchy controls will be a pain...

But it will come back ready to make pristine sound.

During the interim, I'm going to get the Crites kit to freshen my B-3 crossovers. I'd, also, go with his drop-in tweeters but Christmas has left me a little short.